Sign in to follow this  
saturate

so called discussion

I want to address a means of negotiation in which the initiating party, whether buying or selling, requests an offer on the price of an item. The expectation is a favorable appraisal, else the party declines the proposed offer and discontinues conversation. This is an unproductive waste of time on both parts, and the sharkish behavior is not a positive reflection of our community, as prices will move regardless.

Not calling out anyone, but this is one of many examples:

LnD8nj8.png

That being said, people should be informed of ballpark ranges of items so individuals can bicker over the cents and the uninformed are not scammed. If ::prices was an actively updated post that people were referred to, there would be a lot less questions ingame and a cover for liability of "i didn't know".

Ryan is probably trying to avoid player owned shops as it will cause a lot of POS scamming, which he probably wants to avoid. I think regular buying/selling that the server has now is fine for its size, good idea though. :)

This is what I mean when i say merching in game lol. These are the same people that give accurate price checks like 15b for an ele staff, but yet, won't budge unless someone offers 20b+ for one. Not criticizing their play style in the game, but it's a very negative thing to do in the server. The best part is, these are the same people going for staff (ironically).