Sign in to follow this  
plox

Player Shops

Should Player Shops be added?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Should Player Shops be added?

I think with the current player base this might be a good thing to implement.

Pros:

Being able to sell things while offline.

Possible money sink of 1-10% tax on all transactions through the shop

Cons:

Takes away some player interaction when selling items.

Edited by plox

Basically grand exchange. We could just have that?

However this may allow people to merch easier, as some players will want to insta buy/sell, and put more money in, or sell for less.

However this may allow people to merch easier, as some players will want to insta buy/sell, and put more money in, or sell for less.

Grand exchange style isn't my favorite because then you could put in an offer to buy items not currently being traded which would cause lots of price manipulations. So if it was left as a shop for selling things, you would only be able to buy things from the shop if there was someone selling it. This would cause some players to compete to have the "best prices" It would also cause some people to buy out the player shops of certain things to sell for higher prices thus causing the economy to grow stronger. The more people who buy items using the player shops, would be more money that comes out of the economy.

The interface would be like a search option for the bank but it would search the shop. So you could search for unspawnable items or even a specific players shop. If the search has no results it would mean there is nobody selling that item or the persons name you searched has an empty player shop. But if there is someone selling a specific item you are looking for their shop would show in the search results same as if you were searching for that specific players shop.

+Support

I support this 100% I played a server that had player owned shops. The only problem with this is if it is not coded correctly there will be dupes.

Grand exchange won't be added most likely due to easy dupes that could destroy the Eco even more, it would be a huge job to impliment a working grand exchange with no bugs.

Too much work to get in game, nothing like this has been added so it gets the community talking together... I don't see it happening

Too much work to get in game, nothing like this has been added so it gets the community talking together... I don't see it happening

Indeed player interaction is good... but what about people who have loads of items they wish to sell but cant sell cause they are way to lazy to spam that they have a sale going on..

Indeed player interaction is good... but what about people who have loads of items they wish to sell but cant sell cause they are way to lazy to spam that they have a sale going on..

it'll still have the player interactions but I think maybe a lil limited.

it'll still have the player interactions but I think maybe a lil limited.

Obviously people wanting to avoid any kind of tax wont use the shops. Also people looking to sell higher end items looking to accept other higher end items for them would also continue to engage in player interactions. Player shops would be for cash transactions and the lower end items people buy with cash all the time. I mean think about it not many people on the server could buy a Nex set with pure cash.

Edited by plox

Did anyone play Ikov when it existed? Players could search a database of individually owned shops that players set ask prices. Rather than a silent auction like GE, the chest in Ikov made values public and you could see the spread of price points as well to get an indication of price stability and liquidity. I don't know anything about the coding of it, but it facilitated item finding while keeping player interaction from a small tax on trades through it.

been saying this for months, yet the next update will probably be a moderators cane smiter available from donator store for 3k $ which hits 99s same speed as rune knifes

+ who the fuk has time to stand around selling shit I wanna pk ... selling items isn't really interacting its just a huge waste of time that's why I never buy / sell items. I will if player shops are added tho