Ryan

[April 14th, 2021] Patch Notes

Note from the Developers
We sincerely apologize for the streak of delays and lack of communication

From this point forward we will make our greatest effort to actively keep you guys in the loop with future updates on our official Discord.
Please join our Discord to keep up with our recent situations, as well as future ones. (#announcement and #dev-blog channels)

The Spring Event is coming in 1-2 days, but without further delay we wanted to drop this patch of overdue fixes / changes while you guys wait.

Patch Notes

• Server improvements
    • Made improvements to the server engine in effort to reduce lag spikes

• Client fixes
    • Fixed an issue with the SPK client not running with Java 9+ or above
    • Fixed an issue with the SPK client not running on certain Mac OSX devices

• Night Terror (terror orb/staff)
    • Orb of terror has been added to the bloodcore exchange for 15,000 tokens
    • Orb of terror has received a slight increase in rarity
    • Staff of terror marketplace listings that were under 2T prior to this update have been bought by the Custodian account

• Item mechanic fixes
    • Fixed winter dyed enchanted boots not giving infinite run energy
    • Fixed imbued enchanted boots not giving infinite run energy
    • Fixed infernal flippers not providing a drop rate bonus
    • Fixed a bug where Crestbearer armor & robes set effect only gave +33% damage
      • It now gives +45% as originall intended
    • Crestbearer armor / robes now only give bonus damage to their respective combat type (as originally intended)
      • Crestbearer armor only gives bonus damage to melee
      • Crestbearer robes only gives bonus damage to magic

• Magic combat
    • Bryo staff's standard autocast spell now has a 42 damage cap
    • Staff of terror's standard autocast spell now has a 42 damage cap
    • Sanguinesti staff (e) standard autocast spell now has a 42 damage cap
    • Shadow barrage now has a 42 damage cap
    • Tome of fire / Tome of fire (i)
      • Tome of fire accuracy bonus reduced from 20 to 10
      • Tome of fire (i) accuracy bonus reduced from 35 to 25
        • Both of these tomes had unbalanced magic accuracy bonuses compared to other magic off-hands
        • As a result, it caused you to have accuracy that would over-compensate for bad magic gear
        • Even after this change, Tome of fire (i) still gives BiS magic accuracy (and this is fair, considering it's high value and rarity)
    • Tome of frost / Tome of frost (i)
      • Tome of frost accuracy bonus reduced from 20 to 10
      • Tome of frost (i) accuracy bonus reduced from 25 to 22
        • These changes were made for the same reasons as Tome of fire / Tome of fire (i)

• Blood visages
    • Added bloodfire shield to the Bloodcore token exchange (100x tokens)
    • Added bloodfire shield to the Blood diamond fuser (10x diamonds)
    • Slightly increased rarity of Blood visages

• Dragon hunter weapons
    • DHCB and DHCB (i) now work correctly against dragons
    • DHCB and DHCB (i) now work against Blood hydra
    • DHL and DHL(i) now work against Blood hydra

• Miscellaneous fixes
    • Fixed a bug that allowed chinchompas (and other multi-target attacks) to attack players with CB levels higher/lower than allowed
    • Fixed the Bork battleaxe being useable at EdgePvP
    • Fixed a Bork safespot from inside the Mage Arena
    • Fixed Dragon halberd (or) and Crystal halberd's special attack max hit reaching cap without any strength bonuses
    • Fixed a bug that caused drop rate bonus via Bloodcore lottery entry to not work properly
    • Fixed a bug that caused GP drop bonus via Bloodcore lottery entry to not work properly
    • Fixed a bug where you could use the completionist cape commands in the Kharazi safe zone
    • Fixed a bug where you could use the achievement gear commands in the Kharazi safe zone
    • Fixed a bug that caused the Penguin mini-pet to overlap any player sharing its world tile
    • Fixed the invalid hover description for Elderblood ring (it listed the bonus as 10% when it's 15%)
    • Fixed special attack potion doses 1-3 being listable in the marketplace (anti-scam)
    • Fixed construction shop items being listable in the marketplace (anti-scam)
    • Fixed a bug where bloodcore token stacks would only keep 1 token on death (now auto-keep for full stack)

• Death protection values
    • Fixed the protection value for Swift bow
    • Fixed the protection value for Swift blade
    • Fixed the protection value for Swift blade (t)
    • Fixed the protection value for Tome of fire (i)
    • Fixed the protection value for Ancient crossbow
    • Fixed the protection values for Inquisitor armor pieces

• Wilderness PvM de-aggro timer
    • There is now a new "De-aggro timer" for wilderness PvM
    • If you stay in a specific location for more than an hour straight, aggressive wilderness monsters will stop aggroing you
    • To stop this timer simply leave the region and come back, or re-log your character
    • This was added to prevent excessive AFKing in wilderness PvM (particularly overnight AFKing)

• Risk protection
    • Until further notice, this system has been disabled
    • Sadly this system has continued to result in abuse & confusion after patching, and is best redacted until we can fully focus on it again

• Larran's Looter achievement
    • Removed the chest and crest rewards from the Larran's Looter achievement due to excessive farming
    • Increased Larran's loot scroll rewards from the Larran's Looter achievement, but as an untradeable variant

• Other changes / fixes
    • Wearing a Mythic cape or wings will now autoloot Mythic tokens to your inventory (if you do not have a yoshi auto-banking)
    • Slayer helmet (i) now only requires level 13 Defence (L13 Def Builds)
    • Removed the 4th voting site from ::vote to avoid confusion (it previously did not work)
    • Kills in the Beginner Zone no longer contribute to the Blood King leaderboard due to excessive farming

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So does the creastbearer set now give an additional +45% damage increase when the full set is worn, as it reads in the trade post description? That would imply a total damage increase of +67.5% (with the +7.5% per piece). Or does it give just another +22.5% damage when the full set is worn so that the TOTAL damage of the set is 45%?

I really appreciate the clarity with the Elderblood ring! That discrepancy can happen from time to time with patches. Can you revisit the original release of the Blood Slayer Beast Pet? There is no mention of the +10% accuracy within the pet description from the release post here: [May 6th, 2020] MAY BUNDLE: Combat, Content, Improvements, QoLs, and Fixes! - Updates. The grind for this pet is no joke, and it's become one of my favorite account bound items-- I am just not sure it works as intended.

22.png

23.png

Edited by Kalfka

8 minutes ago, Kalfka said:

So does the creastbearer set give an additional +45% damage increase when the full set is worn as it reads in the trade post? That would imply a total damage % of 67.5% (with the +7.5% per piece) This is how I was interpreting the bonus from the description in the Tradepost. Or does it give just another +22.5% damage when the full set is worn so that the TOTAL damage of the set is 45%?

I really appreciate the clarity with the Elderblood ring! That discrepancy can happen from time to time with patches. Can you revisit the original release of the Blood Slayer beast pet? There is no mention of the +10% accuracy from the release post here: [May 6th, 2020] MAY BUNDLE: Combat, Content, Improvements, QoLs, and Fixes! - Updates 

• It's indeed an additional +45%, so yes 67.5% total damage bonus
  • I'll definitely note that issue with Blood slayer beasts, thanks!
  • Like 1

Given the circumstances, I really appreciate you decided to drop the patch notes today. I personally enjoyed the improvements, however, I did not completely understand why the auto-cast spells got nerfed this hard. Especially the old-school bryo staff, which was quite unique for having no cap. The bryo staff allowed you to hit 60's given that the player who casts the spell has to risk quite much (such as ancestral set, torment bracelet, and using a vasa pet) to get all the required mage damage bonus. Furthermore, it confuses me that a 4b 'trident of the swamp' can hit a 39 while staffs over 1.5t (sang e and terror) only do 3 damage more.

I am certain a lot of time and effort got involved in the trade-off between different aspects when it comes to nerfing the auto-cast speller. However, I just wanted to share my feelings about the auto-cast staff, since both epic pets and auto-cast staffs in this game are very unique and interesting to me. Nevertheless, thank you for the great patch note.

Ps: For those who enchanted their ava(s) assemble, it is not possible to buy the grand comp. cape (ranger). I am not certain whether this was done on purpose, if not I hope you could address this issue later :)

Yoo Ryan!

pls take a look at the Ava assembler (i) (dyed) that is not picking up bolts + I can buy the grand comp cape because I have the (i) version can you fix that aswell?

can you take a look at my ticket aswell that’s open for 3 months almost that’s kinda long if I can say so!

Thanks ALOT!

32 minutes ago, Ill rush you said:

Yoo Ryan!

pls take a look at the Ava assembler (i) (dyed) that is not picking up bolts + I can buy the grand comp cape because I have the (i) version can you fix that aswell?

can you take a look at my ticket aswell that’s open for 3 months almost that’s kinda long if I can say so!

Thanks ALOT!

Will do!

And your ticket has been handled, check your reward coffer in-game :)

• Thanks 1