Sign in to follow this  
Mr Forum

Client wont launch! :(

When I redownload the latest client from the website and open it, the Java symbol appears for a second with the "SpawnPK Auto Updater" then shows what looks like the terminal symbol on Mac and closes. I have tried all of the common fixes, including going Macintosh HD > Users > My Account and deleting all RSPS related documents despite their being no SPAWNPK Files. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Java multiple times, downloaded JDK, and everything else I can think of. HELP PLEASEEEEE (could it not be downloading correctly since their no files in the cache?)

Any tips anyone? I dont want to have to go to another server =/

have you tried going into your %appdata folder and removing all "hidden" spk files? If you also play other RSPS' I'd recommend removing those as well to see if it could possibly be some conflicting data. I would try to PM Nick on the forums, he's really good about being able to figure out how to fix these types of problems. I also wouldn't give up on the server within just a day. I would give it about a week to try and see if you can find a fix.

Yes I go Macintosh HD > Library but there is nothing SpawnPK related. I have also deleted all other RSPS files inside and outside of the cache

try to look in your user folder, delete everything spawnpk related.

This seems quite odd, also try deleting the .jar file and re-downloading.

I hope an admin tends to this soon.

Did all of that about 15 times no exaggeration =/

The first time I checked my user folder, there was nothing there SpawnPK related...I think thats where the problem lies because there was other RSPS files in there.

Error 6: Your client simply doesn't launch. I haven't seen this happen yet, however it does quite often occur when running Java clients.

1st of all make sure that you have java.

Step 1. Download the latest client from the forums and drag it to your desktop then rename it to "spawnpk.jar"

Step 2. Open a notepad, Drag it to your desktop and type this:

java -jar spawnpk.jar
pause

Step 3. Once you've done that, save it, and then change the file name to spawnpk.bat

Step 4. Open the .bat file OR open the spawnpk.jar file.

You may be able to vary this fix - I don't use mac, and the operating system is too retarded for me to fix other people's clients.

Try Private Messaging Ramzi if you can't find a fix.

You may be able to vary this fix - I don't use mac, and the operating system is too retarded for me to fix other people's clients.

Try Private Messaging Ramzi if you can't find a fix.

OT: I'm just trying to figure out what the issues is too, I actually play SPK on a Mac book pro 2013 and an MSI laptop as well.

Did all of that about 15 times no exaggeration =/

The first time I checked my user folder, there was nothing there SpawnPK related...I think thats where the problem lies because there was other RSPS files in there.

I'm going to try and mess around with it on my mac to see if I can figure it out, some information that might help is which Apple OS are you running?

Try a windows VM.

This doesn't work well, I did this a long time ago to play some of my steam games on my mac book. It's slow and over time, through my experience with it, it has some heavy wear and tear on the motherboard.

OT: I'm just trying to figure out what the issues is too, I actually play SPK on a Mac book pro 2013 and an MSI laptop as well.

I'm going to try and mess around with it on my mac to see if I can figure it out, some information that might help is which Apple OS are you running?

This doesn't work well, I did this a long time ago to play some of my steam games on my mac book. It's slow and over time, through my experience with it, it has some heavy wear and tear on the motherboard.

steam wont go well on a vm unless u have an OP comp...