Sign in to follow this  
nopid

More game fixes and improvements + annoying stuff

Fixes and the embarrassing stuff

1. '07 ticks' seem way too long and definitely not like 07 (messes you up if you are Hybridding and do a Mage tank switch (which is usually just a karil's/morrigan's top 1way)
    *Get rid of the 'custom ticks' and make 1 universal tick at 600ms like 07

2. Prayer switching, eating and basically everything feels 'delayed' especially if you are on '07 ticks'. I don't get how this happend but on RuneX prayer switching is far more responsive. *If possible make it like on RuneX where it's responsive as hell.

3. As far as I can tell the EdgePVP area, Tournament and LMS have the 'custom 07 ticks' applied to the zone even if you don't have the setting on, this causes eats/ground clicking/moving/speccing especially with gmaul too delayed to the point where its just ridiculous.

4. Damage scaling, almost every item hits the Max hit cap with little to no gear and couple untradeables, currently the blood berserker pet and it's fusions are almost USELESS because 3-4 untradeables and you hit the max hit cap.
 Same applies to mage where you can barrage 42 with just a staff and an occult which makes ancestral almost           pointless, even doing extra switches(which require more skill) like tormented bracelet is not useful, I don't even want to     talk about autocast staves.

4.5. Player you're interacting with or is interacting WITH you should appear on top of the pile, you can legit be auto retaliating fighting someone, and if someone stands under them they will appear on top of the pile.

4.6 A toggle to make the pets of other people dissapear EXCEPT the one you're interacting with OR is interacting with you.(it gets quite annoying when there is so many different people with different pets at lets say magebank, nobody can see anything)

(these four are on the other list but they are by far the most important stuff that need to be fixed IMMEDIATELY.)

4. Statius's warhammer and dragon hasta (poke) can spec from 10 tiles away and its almost impossible to pray especially at LMS+the delayed combat in LMS makes it completely impossible to do anything about it.

4.5 In LMS the timer after you kill someone/opponent kill someone is way too long(should be shortened)

5. Something need to be changed about yoshi because it is so risk-free to the point it doesn't make sense, why is it more efficient for a pvmer to suicide than trying to tank? Doesn't make sense. We even have people who AFK at elder chaos druids or chaos giants for 10 hours if nobody kills them without ANY RISK, the only way to stop them is to kill them, and no, making the monsters non-aggressive isn't a solution. 

*I suggest that yoshi should work like RuneX's Grand looting bag, it would auto loot the items for you and keep it until you go and bank (it would have like 100 slots as opposed to 28) I know alot of people will hate me for this ^

6 a) Trees (anywhere) shouldn't be 'left-click able' unless you have an axe in inventory or equipping it.

b) When you die at risk arena you are still redskulled, people accidentally teleport superior bosses redskulled.
   c) Some items that should cut webs don't even cut them.
   d) You should be able to attack people over the agility shortcuts(pillars) in Revenant cave, currently you can't.

7. If you load a loadout, bank it quickly, reload another one and teleport quick enough, most of the time the inventory portion won't load, but the equipment will which is really annoying and dangerous teleporting to deep wild without food/alien/pots

8. Fix where the camera angle messes up when you fully zoom out with extended zoom, from what I noticed it usually if not always happens when you're next to a place that will give you 'loading screen' as seen in this GIF below
https://gyazo.com/f2d2a0ca4495eb6d152377211b09fb89

9. At maximum Entangle distance WHILE running the opponent gets frozen for 1 sec and gets immediately unfrozen
as seen here https://gyazo.com/f94e9dba9cf14279f4aa7b39743ec0e7

10. Mage accuracy is kinda weird, people choose to TB in their full range gear with a crossbow to land a full TB, it should splash 95% of the time but they end up landing it most of the time which is kinda weird, all the Mage formula needs to be looked into, entangles almost never splash but ice barrage splashes alot.

11. HP events need to be hosted more often, also some kind of wilderness events where a random chest appears in a certain place in wild, you get Tbed for 5 mins and redskulled when you loot it, the rewards need to be decent, overall we need more wilderness events, just couple superior bosses won't cut it especially since yoshi is a thing, pking is pointless at the superiors.

12. Make the new 'Inspect' option actually follow people or maybe even a toggle to remove it because some people don't like it.

13. Elysian is better than divine right now long term because you can't even disable it and it doesn't drain your prayer, I suggest that malevolent/bc/kharazi sword should disable it

14. When you log out with Dinh's bulwark on the BLOCK style and log in, every option for every weapon will be on block/longrange which is aids.

15. A way to disable the warning when you open larran's keys, it gets annoying when you are opening hundreds or even thousands. 

Tournament changes
1. Max strength tournament loadout needs to be changed from 3 brews and 3 sanfews to 1 brew and 2 sanfews, it doesn't make sense to give someone 3 brews in a melee fight with 1 combat pot.

1.5 The Vengeance timers get affected by the blood perks (give everyone the perks during the tournament)

2. In Hybrid tournament you shouldn't be allowed to smite because people usually agree to not smite otherwise they run out of prayer, some might say its 'skill' to not mess up and not get smited, but since mage smites ALOT on this game it should be disabled.3. You can't change the loadout for the No arm tournament also the regular granite maul should be changed to the (OR).

3. Pure tournament currently goes like this : 4x dds spec to Obby maul camping which takes absolutely no skill or timing. *The maul and dds should be nerfed a little(in tournament only) , the obby maul is 1 tick faster than supposed to

4. There should be a Pure NH tournament (make sure the inventory is set up properly)                                           *Can replace the f2p tournament, I don't think people enjoy it that much.

5. Tournaments should be done more often at every 3-4 hours instead of 6.

6. a) Couple bugs found are : If you're in cc with someone you can attack them but however you can't manually cast a spell on them.

b) If you open the equipment coffer the third option is 'Max str' but if you go to next page and come back it changes to 'Dharok' https://gyazo.com/40328121c378dafe9492851dea3ea592

7. A big reward once in a while maybe during weekend like a grand promo or a promo 3, I also think that we need tournaments with OSRS prizes to attract more pkers.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SUGGESTIONS IN THIS TOPIC https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/24286-game-improvements-and-some-bugs/ SHOULD BE ADDED ESPECIALLY THE LMS ONES. Keep in mind that topic was edited too.

Edited by nopid

For the yoshi part, i think it should stay the same, unless you're going to change major things in the economy.

Why should it be changed, it's good how it is been for 4 years every new player should invest in a yoshi to gain up his money.

I could argue the same that an alien pet should not Teleport you away from any level in the wilderness. This would completely turn around SpawnPK.

With addition to many fused pets would change and drop in price since it's pointless to have a useless pet around you that's not sending automatically the loot to your bank. If we really are talking about "OP" pets / weapons in the game, it's spawnpk within every update a new "BROKEN" weapon will be out, for ghrazzi rapier that shit item in pure zones will guaranty a kill 99.9% of the time.

It has been ingame for 4 years because ryan knows people will cry but it is a NEEDED change, why should every pvmer be spoonfed and allowed to pvm in WILDERNESS with absolutely no risk, this change would apply in wild only and wod apply to fusions of yoshi.

You can't nerf alien without making it completely useless. The idea behins wild is if you are good and manage to survive/tank succesfully you get to keep your goods, if you die you lose them @____________

21 hours ago, nopid said:

1. '07 ticks' seem way too long and definitely not like 07 (messes you up if you are Hybridding and do a Mage tank switch (which is usually just a karil's/morrigan's top 1way)
    *Get rid of the 'custom ticks' and make 1 universal tick at 600ms like 07

+1, although I'm not sure if Ryan will want to take this route

2. Prayer switching, eating and basically everything feels 'delayed' especially if you are on '07 ticks'. I don't get how this happend but on RuneX prayer switching is far more responsive. *If possible make it like on RuneX where it's responsive as hell.

Neutral, just please don't make it anything like RX's combat system or anything

3. As far as I can tell the EdgePVP area, Tournament and LMS have the 'custom 07 ticks' applied to the zone even if you don't have the setting on, this causes eats/ground clicking/moving/speccing especially with gmaul too delayed to the point where its just ridiculous.

No comment

4. Damage scaling, almost every item hits the Max hit cap with little to no gear and couple untradeables, currently the blood berserker pet and it's fusions are almost USELESS because 3-4 untradeables and you hit the max hit cap.
 Same applies to mage where you can barrage 42 with just a staff and an occult which makes ancestral almost           pointless, even doing extra switches(which require more skill) like tormented bracelet is not useful, I don't even want to     talk about autocast staves.

Massive +1, needs to be looked into ASAP for the longevity of the game

6 a) Trees (anywhere) shouldn't be 'left-click able' unless you have an axe in inventory or equipping it.

Not to mention you can click on trees without even clicking it (clicking a player who's close to a tree for example) - Probably a clickbox issue

7. If you load a loadout, bank it quickly, reload another one and teleport quick enough, most of the time the inventory portion won't load, but the equipment will which is really annoying and dangerous teleporting to deep wild without food/alien/pots

Huge +1 needs fixing

9. At maximum Entangle distance WHILE running the opponent gets frozen for 1 sec and gets immediately unfrozen
as seen here https://gyazo.com/f94e9dba9cf14279f4aa7b39743ec0e7

Massive +1, happens to me all the time really buggy and not proper like OSRS

10. Mage accuracy is kinda weird, people choose to TB in their full range gear with a crossbow to land a full TB, it should splash 95% of the time but they end up landing it most of the time which is kinda weird, all the Mage formula needs to be looked into, entangles almost never splash but ice barrage splashes alot.

Should clarify just like he said, ALL OF THE MAGIC FORMULA NEEDS TO BE LOOKED INTO - Not just TB issues.

1.5 The Vengeance timers get affected by the blood perks (give everyone the perks during the tournament)

Great catch

2. In Hybrid tournament you shouldn't be allowed to smite because people usually agree to not smite otherwise they run out of prayer, some might say its 'skill' to not mess up and not get smited, but since mage smites ALOT on this game it should be disabled.

Neutral, but leaning more towards -1 as you said it's more reliant on the skill of the player not to mess up your brew/restore ratio and in turn, getting smited.

4. There should be a Pure NH tournament (make sure the inventory is set up properly)                                           *Can replace the f2p tournament, I don't think people enjoy it that much.

+1, No need to replace the F2P Tournament though - It's actually fun for some.

5. Tournaments should be done more often at every 3-4 hours instead of 6.

Neutral, leaning more towards +1

Honestly, all of these are great suggestions but I don't think this even scratches the surface of some of the combat mechanics that need to get fixed on SPK rn

@Phenomenon These are just some 'bugs' or weird mechanics that are annoying but nobody feels the need to make a full topic just for one(ex Not being able to attack over the obstacle at rev caves or not being able to cast a barrage unless you leave cc in a tournament) , so I thought a full list of these bugs (of course I missed some and I keep editing the topic if I remember) would be enough to tackle them. 

The combat system is a different case entirely needs a lot of testing by people who understand what's wrong with it and know or at least have a slight idea on how to improve it.