Sign in to follow this  
Lizzy

Edgepvp Shop Rework + more

Problems with the Current Edgepvp shop.

When I first looked at the Edgepvp shop there were two things that I noticed immediately:

First of which is that the prices for the items in there are absurd and I understand that has something to do with Anti-Farming however I really don't feel like people would be able to do this due to the circulation of well respected players and staff members that come to Edgepvp to watch that along with the somewhat small (ish) area that Edgepvp takes up it'd be hard to actively farm this location for points. What frustrates me most is that if the absurd prices where put in place to stop people from farming this area then why even add the shop in the first place. The higher tier items that actually have a good value to them and would be worth getting are valued at 1250 points this being the sorcerer top and bottoms. 1250 points means that a player will have to get 1250 kills at Edgepvp before being able to purchase this item. What needs to be understood is that actually achieving a kill vs a skilled Nher or Bridder at Edgepvp can take a bunch of time sometimes upwards of hours and in many cases not even getting the kill and with no reward for the time you put in. Imagine for all that effort you on top of the loot you get a measly 1 point towards an 800b item. Not to mention the fact that the person who has spent the most time at Edgepvp @Phenomenondoesn't even believe in total he's had 1250 kills in all him time on Spawnpk really makes some of these items just seem completely unachievable. I think the biggest meme in the shop however is the looting bag A FUCKING REGULAR ASS LOOTING BAG for 5 points FIVE.

467baedb78f5bc1821accb869a1fe075.png
https://gyazo.com/467baedb78f5bc1821accb869a1fe075

Secondly by just looking at the shop itself you can see that there really isn't anything in there that cannot be obtained in an easier way. I mean sure being able to just PK in the style you like to achieve donator ranks sounds pretty good but this can just be done much faster by selling the loot you PK and also just shouldn't be the point of this shop especially considering the prices of bonds in this shop; 75 for $5, 150 for $10 and 300 for $20. The shop should be more focused around items that will directly help those and are useable by people who NH and Brid whether at Edgepvp or Deep Wilderness. 

Suggested Items for Edgepvp Shop (Prices can be changed if needed):

While this is just a rough idea of what items should be in the shop it shows the scale of items and pricing I believe would make the shop way more viable than it currently is:

BASIC ITEMS:

-Looting Bag: 1 Edgepvp point each: Way more reasonable than the FIVE it currently costs:

-Stack of 50 Super Combat Potions (4): 5 Edgepvp Points Each:

-Stack of 25 Sanfew Potions (4): 5 Edgepvp Points Each:

-Stack of 50 Anglerfish: 5 Edgepvp Points Each:

-Stack of 50 Dragonstone Dragon Bolts (e): 10 Edgepvp points:

-Stack of 50 Onyx Dragon Bolts (e): 10 Edgepvp points:

-Dusk Mystic Set: 5 Edgepvp Points Each:

-PvP Mystery Box: 5 Edgepvp Points Each:

-All Blood Money Buyable Boots: ( Dragon (g) included): 5 Edgepvp Points Each 

-Blessed Dragonhide Sets: 10 Edgepvp Points Each:

Medium Items:

-Bound Rune Pouch/ Bound Looting Bag: Price: 50 Edgepvp points each:

-Spiked Manacles: (Already in the spawn list): 20 Edgepvp points each: (I heard they're gonna be added in a different way so if that's better than stick to it): Cheap because they're mostly cosmetic while also remaining BIS for Pures/ Zerks alike.

-Fremennik Kilt: (Already in the spawn list): 25 Edgepvp points: Again BIS for melee strength for Pures/ Zerks

-Brimstone Boots: (Already in the spawn list): 20 Edgepvp points: Quintessential hybrid boots and have a really cool look to them would be dope for them to be added as they're fantastic look wise and stat wise.

-Zamorakian Hasta: 15 Edgepvp points: Just an overall useful item when used in the correct circumstances as it has the same stats as the Zamorakian Spear and is 1 Handed while still maintaining the Dragon Spear Special Attack.

-Dagon'Hai Hat: 10 Edgepvp points each: 

-Dagon'Hai Robe Top/ Bottoms: 15 Edgepvp points each:

-Dragon Defender (or): 50 Edgepvp points:

High-Tier Items:

-Bandos Godsword Scroll: 300 Edgepvp points each: Something more for those who Pk deep wilderness but a nice buy non the less:

-Armadyl Godsword Scroll: 400 Edgepvp points each: READ ABOVE^

-Avernic Defender Hilt: 200 Edgepvp points each: BIS

-Amulet Ornament Kits: 100 Edgepvp points each (Occult/ Anguish) 150 Edgepvp Points each (Torture):

-Ferocious Gloves: 250 Edgepvp points each: BIS

-Infernal Stone: 600 Edgepvp points each: Hear me out as this is probably one of the more controversial items I've listed however 600 Edgepvp points will be one hell of a grind taking upwards of months to achieve and being one of the more desirable items for any Bridder/ NHer it will be something many people will actively try grind for without having to gamble/ Pvm. This also at current value will average the price of each Edgepvp Point at 2b which I think is more than reasonable for the grind it will take to achieve this item.

Couple PvP related fixes/ Qol:

Granite Maul: I have no idea what caused this but the Granite Maul has started to behave like it used to which means it is able to activate at almost any range and without clicking the opponent which really destroys any skill required to pull of complex combos SUCH AS Gmaul Ags and it can also be abused pretty heavily with bolt Gmauls making an almost unsurvivable combo with how strong range currently is and how easy it is to pull off.

https://gyazo.com/3eef97f30684dc73d4f569d1f80d60ab -Demonstration of Gmaul-

07 Tics: The 07 Tic system in the game is extremely delayed compared to what osrs really is which has the added benefit of making it easy to 1 tic switches but also makes it so your switches are extremely delayed and eating really delayed too, this is worsened further for those who are on high ping and pid making it near impossible to PK on this tic system.

https://gyazo.com/da151e7e795ddaf5c57d03f6de0921f3 -While looks good is extremely frustrating in practice-

Mage: Ancients : Ancient magics for whatever reason have an absurd scaling in terms of damage rendering max gear unusable. The base hit of Ice Barrage for example should be 30 but for whatever reason it is 34 on spawnpk.

https://gyazo.com/055b9f25d4693740207457e98130ba2c -Ice Barrage base hit-

While I could say a lot more about the current spawnpk mage system I'm sure its been discussed by @Phenomenon many times so I do not feel its necessary to repeat these points about inconsistencies here and there again.

ZGS: I just want the osrs ZGS special attack animation because I think it looks cool, no other reason :d 

Edited by Lizzy

Would also like to add that having 2 different tic systems is really counter productive for any consistency in combat, one should be perfected and used instead of multiple.