Sign in to follow this  
concernedcitizen

nerf g maul (or) & dds

I'm posting this anonymously becuase it's just gonna piss people off. Anyway, its extremely obvious that first granite maul (or) is overpowered. Not only does it have a damage cap of 40, it also hits far too accurately even unboosted, for such an inexpensive weapon that can be stacked on 1 tick with other special attack weapons, especially when using a vigor or variants. As a result, people have been countlessly abusing g maul in combination with items that cost 20% special attack, which leads to the next part of this.

That dragon dagger, especially paired with the dds (a spawnable weapon!!!!) is WAY too overpowered. Someone with the scroll in welfare can spec and consistent hit 50-60+. And using the excuse for the current cost of the scroll being 5-6t+ is irrelevant because think of all the older players who got that scroll when it was new and WAY cheaper pre-rev nerfs. 

I offer two simple solutions for both issues here that would overall balance the problem. For the g maul (or), simply lower the accuracy of it. pre-buff it wasn't amazing but given the price and skill-required effectiveness when paired with a high hitting special weapon litle ags (or), etc.. It was still viable. Alternatively, make the special attack cost more spec %. from 50% to 55-60% or 45%+ with vigor. 

As for the dragon upgrade scroll, I get having it costs a lot of money especially now, but spawnable dragon weapons being able to consistently hit extremely high, especially uncapped weapons, is broken and has gone on far too long. The suggestion I believe would fix this most easily while still being far is to not apply the scroll bonus to spawnable weapons such as dds, mace, etc... There are many dragon weapons in the game that AREN'T spawnable and would at least force some risk for those who have the scroll. OR, nerf the god damn dds. Sure the dragon mace and other items still work well with upgrade, but are used far less because dds has no hit cap and is extremely consistent, and hits in two seperate 50/50 hits making it harder to veng retaliate. Cap the dds and mildly lower the accuracy of it to address this problem. 

I know its something most people won't want to hear, but these two items have been ruining pking for many, and no one will talk about it, especially d upgrade because all the rich people with a voice in the community enjoy abusing the power of it while 99% can only dream of getting 6T+ to afford one.