pj3r

Nerf Divine?

Should divine be nerfed?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should divine be nerfed?

• Yes it should be nerfed
    • No it should not be nerfed

No, there isn't a few items which negate the effect of divine to counter it

divine is fine, its one of the only items thats great the way it is. like he said maybe the items that negate the divines effect need a boost on the specs. make them worth using in the wild. barrelchest items are junk atm. maybe we should spend sometime on them and reworking them for the server.

It's fine as is, accurate to how it actually was in the game. Fewer are in game compared to previously as more people fuse them into blood diamonds as well, the price has gone up 10-15b in the past week and a half alone meaning less people will have them. I already saw Boba Tea die to a 92 through divine and Mjll88 die to an 80 through divine so obviously it isn't working properly in the first place. The answer isn't to make it weaker, it's to make less of them ingame, which is slowly happening. If you compare how many are ingame to how many there were when older players like myself/Yeezy/others started there's a huge difference.

It's fine as is, accurate to how it actually was in the game. Fewer are in game compared to previously as more people fuse them into blood diamonds as well, the price has gone up 10-15b in the past week and a half alone meaning less people will have them. I already saw Boba Tea die to a 92 through divine and Mjll88 die to an 80 through divine so obviously it isn't working properly in the first place. The answer isn't to make it weaker, it's to make less of them ingame, which is slowly happening. If you compare how many are ingame to how many there were when older players like myself/Yeezy/others started there's a huge difference.

That makes no sense. To fix the divine lets make less of them? Wut lol. It's still going to be broken, you'll just see it less. Lol..

divine is fine, its one of the only items thats great the way it is. like he said maybe the items that negate the divines effect need a boost on the specs. make them worth using in the wild. barrelchest items are junk atm. maybe we should spend sometime on them and reworking them for the server.

The fact that you need specific items to counter divine, shows that it is not fine lol. The reason its not in osrs, its brokennn.

I feel as if divine is meant to be slightly op. That's just me talking though. The reason it's not in osrs either is because it wasn't released in the time frame osrs is based off of :P

That makes no sense. To fix the divine lets make less of them? Wut lol. It's still going to be broken, you'll just see it less. Lol..

The fact that you need specific items to counter divine, shows that it is not fine lol. The reason its not in osrs, its brokennn.

It's not broken though, it's exactly how it's intended to be if not even weaker considering as mentioned i've seen Boba and Mjll die to massive hits through it which shouldn't be possible. People are complaining about it being OP but it isn't, it's accurate. There weren't items to counter it on real RS either but somehow everyone coexisted with it fine. The only issue is that they're cheap and there's a lot of them, both of which are slowly being solved.

I got specced an 80 through divine by a guy with an abby dagger in spawns (after abby dagger nerf)... Don't know if this helps at all but I'll leave it here...

It's not broken though, it's exactly how it's intended to be if not even weaker considering as mentioned i've seen Boba and Mjll die to massive hits through it which shouldn't be possible. People are complaining about it being OP but it isn't, it's accurate. There weren't items to counter it on real RS either but somehow everyone coexisted with it fine. The only issue is that they're cheap and there's a lot of them, both of which are slowly being solved.

This, just this.

Real rs, now known as rs 3, had many items like korasi, divine, statius, vesta, that basically ruined the game, the difference is that Ryan listens, or has the ability to listen to us, where as jagex 2012 didn't care. Just because people carried on playing a game with bad features, doesn't mean it should be acceptable for spawnpk to have bad features.

Also just because something hit very high through divine, doesn't mean divine is weak, IT MEANS THAT ITEM IS OP AS WELL! lol...

i dont know how anyone can argue a 30% damage reduction is not broken lol : o .

To the mods:

When thinking about controversial topics like this, you have to realise the fact that some people arguing may have a bias opinion.

In this case, the only people that would want the divine to stay as it is, are people who don't pk, don't understand balance properly. Or people who understand divine is broken but want to keep it as it gives them an unfair advantage against others.

I can't believe people would want divine to stay as it is lol.

The term "slapped through divine" didn't come about as a brag for no reason..

If you lose with divine, the shield is so overpowered that you are considered a bad player.

Or the opponent is considered a very good player. An item like this should not exist.

Real rs, now known as rs 3, had many items like korasi, divine, statius, vesta, that basically ruined the game, the difference is that Ryan listens, or has the ability to listen to us, where as jagex 2012 didn't care. Just because people carried on playing a game with bad features, doesn't mean it should be acceptable for spawnpk to have bad features.

Also just because something hit very high through divine, doesn't mean divine is weak, IT MEANS THAT ITEM IS OP AS WELL! lol...

i dont know how anyone can argue a 30% damage reduction is not broken lol : o .

To the mods:

When thinking about controversial topics like this, you have to realise the fact that some people arguing may have a bias opinion.

In this case, the only people that would want the divine to stay as it is, are people who don't pk, don't understand balance properly. Or people who understand divine is broken but want to keep it as it gives them an unfair advantage against others.

I can't believe people would want divine to stay as it is lol.

The term "slapped through divine" didn't come about as a brag for no reason..

If you lose with divine, the shield is so overpowered that you are considered a bad player.

Or the opponent is considered a very good player. An item like this should not exist.

It's pretty apparent you have no clue what you're talking about. Anyone who actually played RS during PRE-EOC enjoyed it. What ruined the game was EOC. Start hopping around clan IRCs of people who actually played during this time period and ask them whether or not they thought the game was broken. There's even been large demands from the players to Jagex to bring back a Pre-EOC version of the game.

Your terminology is also incredibly incorrect, it's not "broken" if it's accurate as to how it was coded in the live game. If anything about it is "broken" it's people being hit an 80 through divine by abyssal dagger (Mjll) or a 92 through it by elemental crossbow (Boba) and that's what needs to be fixed. The goal shouldn't be to make a valuable item which is intended to be powerful, useless and worthless.

It's pretty evident you have no idea what you're talking about and you're just trying to screw with the mechanics of a game you don't even play anymore

It's pretty apparent you have no clue what you're talking about. Anyone who actually played RS during PRE-EOC enjoyed it. What ruined the game was EOC. Start hopping around clan IRCs of people who actually played during this time period and ask them whether or not they thought the game was broken. There's even been large demands from the players to Jagex to bring back a Pre-EOC version of the game.

Your terminology is also incredibly incorrect, it's not "broken" if it's accurate as to how it was coded in the live game. If anything about it is "broken" it's people being hit an 80 through divine by abyssal dagger (Mjll) or a 92 through it by elemental crossbow (Boba) and that's what needs to be fixed. The goal shouldn't be to make a valuable item which is intended to be powerful, useless and worthless.

It's pretty evident you have no idea what you're talking about and you're just trying to screw with the mechanics of a game you don't even play anymore

its just gaming slang. Broken = overpowered.

Instead of repeatedly telling me that 2 guys got hit a high amount of damage from other overpowered items, why dont you look at divine and justify why it should be kept the same.

Maybe make sure you know what you're talking about before you tell someone else they don't know what they're talking about.

rstrends.jpg

I never said people didn't enjoy pre-eoc lol, can you read my reply : o .

I stated that people carried on playing despite some bad features. And was trying to say spawnpk doesn't have to be the same.

Edited by Mod 4 Po please

its just gaming slang. Broken = overpowered.

Instead of repeatedly telling me that 2 guys got hit a high amount of damage from other overpowered items, why dont you look at divine and justify why it should be kept the same.

Maybe make sure you know what you're talking about before you tell someone else they don't know what they're talking about.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]429[/ATTACH]

I never said people didn't enjoy pre-eoc lol, can you read my reply : o .

I stated that people carried on playing despite some bad features. And was trying to say spawnpk doesn't have to be the same.

So where's your source stating that divine was even partially let alone solely responsible for the decline of the game? Did you consider perhaps it was due to the fact that the game had been around over 10 years and most of the players had outgrown it or not been happy with other changes?

\I don't know how you can make claims that divine or anything else ruined the game at this point not to mention it's illogical to claim divine or other items were the cause of lack of popularity in the game, you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

Edited by i just rag

barrelchest crossbow / barrelchest staff is needed

honestly why does divine need to be so strong, its too overpowered people are meant to die

streaks are not a good thing camping that shit in brid against regular players in spawnables

no offense players that dont want it nerfed like you shouldnt need this item to be so strong,

and to someone saying people dont pk want it nerfed... I only pk... and see people camping this shit and its gross

support pking support proper playing

Edited by pj3r

So where's your source stating that divine was even partially let alone solely responsible for the decline of the game? Did you consider perhaps it was due to the fact that the game had been around over 10 years and most of the players had outgrown it or not been happy with other changes?

\I don't know how you can make claims that divine or anything else ruined the game at this point not to mention it's illogical to claim divine or other items were the cause of lack of popularity in the game, you literally have no idea what you're talking about.

you've just said that I have no idea what im talking about because i think divine was part of the reason rs died LOOOL

Lmao go look up power creep.

And firstly i said that rs died because jagex didnt know what they were doing, they didnt listen to the players.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

are you going to dispute any of my arguments? Or just tell me i dont know what im talking about : o

barrelchest crossbow / barrelchest staff is needed

honestly why does divine need to be so strong, its too overpowered people are meant to die

streaks are not a good thing camping that shit in brid against regular players in spawnables

no offense players that dont want it nerfed like you shouldnt need this item to be so strong,

and to someone saying people dont pk want it nerfed... I only pk... and see people camping this shit and its gross

support pking support proper playing

+1

mainly people who don't pk want divine to stay the same, and it really effects pking,

even if your a little bit better than the opponent, you have no chance if they have divine, you have to be a lot better than them

im not a fan of divine , but its not impossible to drop a divine all u need is a barrelchest sword and a good team , that's why it cost 30b or they should add like a whip vine to disable divine for 50 hits.

We could just disable divine effects after a certain wilderness level. On a different server i played, that's how it was fixed and no one had a problem with it. Divine stayed the same in eco since it was still incredibly good for bossing, but for here its a different story. I'd vouch on just disabling it's effects after level 20 in the wilderness? Or disable it in single areas( the effect will disable if wearing, but stats will still be in play.)

you've just said that I have no idea what im talking about because i think divine was part of the reason rs died LOOOL

Lmao go look up power creep.

And firstly i said that rs died because jagex didnt know what they were doing, they didnt listen to the players.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

30% damage reduction.

are you going to dispute any of my arguments? Or just tell me i dont know what im talking about : o

You don't have an argument so there's nothing to dispute, it's pretty simple.

We could just disable divine effects after a certain wilderness level. On a different server i played, that's how it was fixed and no one had a problem with it. Divine stayed the same in eco since it was still incredibly good for bossing, but for here its a different story. I'd vouch on just disabling it's effects after level 20 in the wilderness? Or disable it in single areas( the effect will disable if wearing, but stats will still be in play.)

I like these ideas, their quite logical and sensible