Sign in to follow this  
Badassery

Just a thought..

Maybe adding a Shoutbox to the forums could make it more activeful and interesting since you can easily communicate with others on / off and easy to reach out to staff members in regards to find assistance wether it was some new players or else cause their posts kinda get buried in or whatsoever, I am just saying this is a must for any huge community and servers as such.

What do you think?

I think a shoutbox would be a cool feature to see, can't really see any negatives to it as long as it's somewhat watched and regulated.

Going to be flooded by "unban me pls" 24-7

We used to have it before on the old forums and if they bring it back it'll end up going away from the same reason it was taken off.

I haven't seen shoutboxes on forums in years.. 

Shoutboxes became obsolete when Skype, Teamviewer and then now Discord became popular.

I already have this suggested from earlier and clearly did not have any either attentions from the Managers / Coders and whomever is responsibile about adding this to the forums.

It has clearly shown the reasons why the forums is totally and completely dead, the shoutbox could make it more activefulness and otherwise.. I highly suggest this to be added sooner or later because without it the forums appears less functional. Cheers to this idea!

14 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Going to be flooded by "unban me pls" 24-7

We used to have it before on the old forums and if they bring it back it'll end up going away from the same reason it was taken off.

There most certainly and definitely must be rules and of course the other staff members to make sure others commit to their lines and not go very beyond it.

15 hours ago, Bread Unban said:

I think a shoutbox would be a cool feature to see, can't really see any negatives to it as long as it's somewhat watched and regulated.

It's gonna give more likely a bit of taste or nice flavors to the website, and I guarantee there's no harm in including it to our community.

12 hours ago, Badassery said:

It's gonna give more likely a bit of taste or nice flavors to the website, and I guarantee there's no harm in including it to our community.

Unnecessary baggage. Shoutboxes went extinct when xat chatboxes came up, and now that those are myths too it's best not to grave dig something that only causes nuisance.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:23 AM, Badassery said:

Maybe adding a Shoutbox to the forums could make it more activeful and interesting since you can easily communicate with others on / off and easy to reach out to staff members in regards to find assistance wether it was some new players or else cause their posts kinda get buried in or whatsoever, I am just saying this is a must for any huge community and servers as such.

What do you think?

Last time I saw a shoutbox was on an edgy anime-hacking forum 5 years ago. 

No fucking thanks.

10 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Unnecessary baggage. Shoutboxes went extinct when xat chatboxes came up, and now that those are myths too it's best not to grave dig something that only causes nuisance.

Perhaps you're right, it may cause that, but there will only be limits for floodings and other nonsense, the Shoutbox should be programmed with an randomly automatic bot system that could take care of sort things. Thanks for your feedback

4 hours ago, Lammie said:

Last time I saw a shoutbox was on an edgy anime-hacking forum 5 years ago. 

No fucking thanks.

I see your frustration, but this could be better for the community and with less toxicity than usual compared to the discord servers.

Might be a very hell of an idea but it's worth the risk...