Sign in to follow this  
Ian

How future events can be better

Current Halloween event isn't bad, but it is rather disappointing for fellow PKers. Here's some suggestions how the thanksgiving / Christmas even can be far better:

- Server boss (Blood Reaper, etc) should spawn more frequently than 4 hours... Too much waiting time

- Second to this, there should be more than 1 multi location. Perhaps 1 Rogues, 1 Barrelchest. Aloneside 2-3 singles, mage arena remains as a good idea

- To participate in killing tormented souls, server boss, or h'ween chest spawns you MUST be 126 combat

- Yoshi should NOT auto-bank h'ween tokens at all. You can kill them across the wilderness at a low combat, risk 0, and contribute nothing to pkers

- Playing killing at any part of the wilderness, not just edgville / hotspot, should grant h'ween tokens

- less shitty cosmetics to flood the event chest. Rather see an increase of 1b caskets / other rip items that pointless trash in chest

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

Current Halloween event isn't bad, but it is rather disappointing for fellow PKers. Here's some suggestions how the thanksgiving / Christmas even can be far better:

- Server boss (Blood Reaper, etc) should spawn more frequently than 4 hours... Too much waiting time

- Second to this, there should be more than 1 multi location. Perhaps 1 Rogues, 1 Barrelchest. Aloneside 2-3 singles, mage arena remains as a good idea

- To participate in killing tormented souls, server boss, or h'ween chest spawns you MUST be 126 combat

- Yoshi should NOT auto-bank h'ween tokens at all. You can kill them across the wilderness at a low combat, risk 0, and contribute nothing to pkers

- Playing killing at any part of the wilderness, not just edgville / hotspot, should grant h'ween tokens

- less shitty cosmetics to flood the event chest. Rather see an increase of 1b caskets / other rip items that pointless trash in chest

1. Sure

2. Nah. Encourages different levels to pk instead of just 126. Stop being salty.

3. You're taking them for BM, targ upgrades and whatever else they risk, so nah.

4. don't care either way

5. don't care either way

Great suggestions @Ian! Forwarding this to Ryan.

1. Iffy about this one since this is essentially what gives out the rarest items of each event. Making it spawn more frequently is essentially adding more of these rares into the economy with would reduce exclusivity heavily. Although since this event is the first Ryan decides to make the event chest a RNG reward chest by making a "casket" that gives a random reward compared to an event like the Mage Arena event that gave rewards just simply for completing the chest.

2. Iffy about this one too, but the more locations the better. Although i'm extremely fond of seeing world event bosses in singles zones where everybody can attack the boss but it's a singles area so people can't gang up and take you out like cake

3. Heavy +1. No reason anybody should be under 126, let alone a low level where the weapons still perform just as good as if you were 126. The fact @SkittleWeed is playing the victim card is probably because he does the same. It's the wilderness aka part of the game and people exploiting using low level accounts should not be happening. If you walk in the wilderness and making money you should be doing a risk vs reward thing otherwise the action itself is negative towards the economy and exponentially worse with the amount of people doing them.

Doesn't matter if you kill them for BM, KS, BH emblems, etc. That's the wilderness, plain and simple. You're making billions in relative safety 100% of the time and that shouldn't happen.

4. Iffy regarding this, however there could be a leeway. Carrying tokens will help you gain more tokens(Risk vs reward), but this should only be implemented as soon as the level 126 requirement is implemented. Identical to the way you risk BM and gain more when killing players. As all money making in the wilderness should be, Risk Vs Reward.

5. +1 more activity everywhere, although gives fuel to pk farmers. I'd say only in close vicinity in and around major teleport spots like Mage Arena, Blood Hydra, etc. To prevent abuse and farming.

6. Iffy on this one this people appreciate cosmetics. Since Ryan may have changed the event rewards in favor of RNG now with casket rewards instead of straight up rewards, removing cosmetic rewards will make the event rewards seem even more dull than they already are.

Some personal feedback/suggestion on my part is that there should be a separate competition and have a top 3/5 rank list that shows who farmed the most tokens on THEIR own and not who opened the most chests with bought tokens. This is to encourage activity and perhaps boasters/content grinders to grind for an exclusive reward with every new event from now on.

Plenty of ways to go on about it:

1. Top 5 token grinders get exclusive rewards found no where else in the event
  2. Top 5 token grinders get the best rewards found in the event
    • Example: Top 5 players are each rewarded a blood reaper scythe hilt 
  3. Gradually buff the rewards of each player the higher their rank depending on their placement.
    • Example is as follows:
      • Player 1 gets 1T cash
      • Player 2 gets 800B cash
      • Player 3 gets 600B cash
      • Player 4 gets 400b cash
      • Player 5 gets 200b cash

On a friendly side note, buff the enchanted event set please. 2.5% currency bonus per piece is garbage, especially when monsters drop tokens around the 10-20 mark meaning a full set(+10%) increases a 10 token drop by 1, which is beyond a slap in the face since the set required trillions invested into it but is regarded as pure shit and useless by anyone who owns a set.

Edited by Kellatha

@Kellatha I haven't killed a single event mob in the game actually, nor do I set my level low unless I'm going into multi to do a slayer task so I don't get piled by a team every kill, I make my money through staking of which I've made 14T profit in the last 2 days so don't assume shit thanks lmao. I stand by what I said, there is no need to force everyone to be level 126, having it open to different levels should increase different levels of pking, some people enjoy pure pking AKA me and I can't go around deep wild pure pking if everyones 126. Not everyone enjoys max combat fights.

I appreciate all the feedback.

I've taken note of a few things that I'm sure will improve the event and potentially the future ones to come, and you can expect to see some changes on the upcoming update.

Thanks,
Ryan

• Like 1

23 hours ago, SkittleWeed said:

3. You're taking them for BM, targ upgrades and whatever else they risk, so nah.

Bounty system and the capability to insta-skip targets + tele-tab rendering being delay af when you tele makes tier upgrading off of PVMers a nightmare currently.