sao godo

Make Spawnpk Pk again

New Object

Divine Spirit Shield (or) - autokeep divine with better stats and repair cost

Require 30 of each shield and 5% chance to successfully merge.

Objective: Make corp areas lively

Fixes

Raids: Set a limit on number of daily raids (like blood tasks)

Objective: Lower the amount of raid object in eco and have more people pking instead (we're a pk server ya know)

Raids 2:

Make Librarian a bit taller or stuck it in one position

Add a refresh button in the Party Invitations tab

Unspawnable

Make all barrows armors unspawnable (only obtained from chest and players)

Make whip and fury unspawnable as well (blood whip still autokeep and alternative to fury for spawnies is Glory)

Edited by sao godo

-1 why would you want a stronger version of divine? that isnt gonna make people want to pk

-1 why make whip unspawnable, would you like to further the divide between the vet players with full autokeeps vs new players? cause thats what will happen.

-1 a raid limit is dumb imo, if people want to raid then they can. a blood money fee would be much better imo.

Good intentions, have mixed opinions about the effectiveness of the idea's, will shortly elaborate below:

I'm quite pro making corp more lively, but adding yet another autokeep will not do this. This will, in my opinion, result in even less pking as I see the fact that there are so many (usually gamblers) with full autokeep gear pking. At this point autokeeps are not so much for pking as they are insurance for gamblers who know they're gonna loose it all next 12h anyways and want an easy rb, I mean in spk rich gamblers are like 90% of the flowing capital so I guess as a money sink it works but we getting off point 😛

-1 on limiting raid content, and big -1 if there is no option to pay to reset it, raids actually made server more alive and united. While I do agree more eco considerations could have been taken before buffing them, they do give players a fun thing to do, bond over and is one of the only activities that actually boosted an enormous range of items (armour, weps, hearts, etc) making a fair number of the previously more or less unused and just hoarded by gambler items more active.

A general not I'm going to make here because I see it over and over again... 
Yes spk has 'pk' in the name, if this means the server should be 100% pk to certain people, those can stop reading here, but in my opinion it is smart for any rsps to offer diversity in the activities it offers, this helps attract all types of players which inherently benefits the server as even players who might not have join for the pk part specifically still (a) pvm in wild at times and (b) might grow to be more pker if the server offers a platform and community that supports growing as a pker even from scratch.

But dishing, nerfing, hating on other activities and the players who perform them will not get more pk'ers in wild, chaise those away and the server will just loose more and more ppl, they don't actively obstruct pking, its not like their presence makes it so that people who want to pk cant. 
If you want to boost pking, look for ways, content, fixes, etc that can attract new people to the server and help the server grow further. And this is where I think all the overly OP wildy items, untradables, etc actually hurt pking. I think in a healthy case much of the pkers on spk should be relatively new, given the fairly large turnover rate the server seems to have (and if we include cleaned ppl as 'new'), this means that pking should be fun and profitable for them, which at the moment it is not, yes they can go lurk for pvm'ers but lets be honest, if they're really interested in enjoying pking and becoming better pkers over time they probably not enjoy this as much as a proper 1 vs 1 with a real pker, where they can learn from their tricks, switches, etc. 
For the moment the majority of pk'ers I see are full max or full autokeep, the latter provides new players with a large challenge for little reward and the former, well, okay they risk a few trill, but lets face it, they only really 'risk' that against similar gear, if they attack you or you attack them, you'll loose, and if you happen to gain the upper hand, 50% of the time 2 more full max cc members of his/hers will come to help.

To avoid the 'your a critic who doesn't give any solutions' scenario I will shortly mention 2 idea's I've seen floating around (not gonna claim they were mine):

• Make a second wild location (or portion of wild) where a lot of the OP/autokeep items are not allowed (yes this is similar to edgepvp, bear with me). But make this zone have some sort of boost, like a reward for actually presenting some skill, things I imagine is perhaps more bm/money drops from both pvp n pvm, maybe more xp for skilling (thinking mostly of agil and hunter), perhaps a drop rate boost or like double (blood) slay points if full task is done there? The idea here is that pk vs pk actually becomes a game of skill and not 99% a game of comparing wealth. (not talking only spawn, I mean money should play a role, how else are you going to get loot xD but all the overkill weapons, autokeeps and perhaps certain pets would level the playing field for new people and should appeal to skilled pk'ers imo.) Aside from this, pvm'ers would loose their ability to use a bunch of autokeeps to boost their dr, def so have to actually risk loot more often (I can also imagine yosh working like mage area in this entire zone). Could also over time introduce some unique content in this zone but i'll leave that for another post
  • Instead of focusing all efforts with new items and item sinks on pking, I would suggest accepting pvm'ers as a vital part of the community, this opens up a much less crippling space new item (sinks) can grow in. In pvp u got 99hp on a target that's it, every new weapon has to hit higher/more often than the last to make it interesting for pvp and as such you're kinda always creeping in on that 1/2hit k0 potential. While in pvm, you got a whole range of monsters, with different weaknesses, shiploads of hp to spare and an opponent that won't complain (to much :p), imo this is a space where new items could more easily grow. I mean dhl was introduced that hit a fair bit higher than usual weps, demn ppl complained bout that, dh activated more often than it should, dayum them complaints, skot bow was introduced for pvm, very little issues, (ok needed a boost but that aside), it hits a lot more than the second best wep (tbow) and no problem, cause it just speeds up your kills, which is what you pay for essentially but it doesn't hurt the activity.

Making librarian bigger / fixed and refresh button: big +1, this would be a nice QOL improvement

Making all barrow items/whip unspawnable: well personally I'm neutral on this, one could raise the point this undermines the 'spawn' part of spawnpk but I don't really have the time now to think out all the effects and implications this will have so a +0 for now 😛

• Thanks 1

-1 auto keep divine 

-1 unspawnable barrows / whips 

+1 raid limit + fixed position librarian