Sign in to follow this  
Kellatha

Mythical Kharazi, Blood Hound Pet, Skotizo Sceptre rework, and much more!

Suggestions:

I. Mythical Armor: Suggested this one a bit back, but with the recent additions of costly repairs for autokept gear this will not be a menace to the balancing that has been being issued in the past updates.

Currently we had Cursed obsidian that can be turned into Mythic obsidian(costs just as much to repair, just a 5% drop rate bonus)

Suggested we also introduce more armor sets that could be added to the "mythic" theme like kharazi gear.

GwjUOjXbRwK6RcC5tZYbTQ.png?width=400&heiv2VOWN7AQNqC0qoXexeRaA.png?width=400&hei

A.) Autokeep kharazi: Wouldn't be a problem(kharazi itself has almost no defense. Even steel has better defense, and heavily outweighs its use in pking), and could also sport a repair fee. This would allow for more flexibility to mythic donators to use different gear(allow us to use range) besides camping melee 24-7 with skotizo mace.

B.) Autokeep Mage: Mage could also be incorporated and could sport ahrim stats. Although mage is the least popular mage pvm method, it could be used for mage arena. Mage is really irrelevant, but one step at a time to make it better. This one wouldn't need a repair fee if it's ahrims since ahrims is already spawnable and the only difference here would be a +5% drop rate bonus.
l3Kd55rlTzOzpV5fHVs6WA.png?width=400&hei
Deemed Ancestral too OP, and bloodmancer could also be used instead of ahrims, possibly even virtus. 

***NOTE*** The only reason these would be made into autokeeps was because there is nothing non mythics can do with mythic kharazi/bloodmancer. They can neither wear the armor nor trade in the shards for a cash reward. This isn't for the sake of making more autokeeps for the hell of it which is something the community despises but it would be really neat if we could get other alternative for gears while pvming instead of being locked to melee because of the drop rate bonus.

II. Superior Slayer Monsters: We have superior wilderness bosses, but what about non wilderness superior slayer monsters? We also just added superior blood revenants which are exclusive to the wilderness only once again. Superior slayer NPC's are pretty sought after and worth killing on osrs, why don't they exist here in safety just like how they should be? These should be exclusive to the slayer skill, and could also be incorporated into blood slayer by requiring a blood slayer level requirement and buying a "scroll" to access superior slayer monsters.

• Superior slayer bosses with similar versions of their wilderness with reduced rates compared to their wilderness counterparts.
    • With that said, the rates for superior wilderness bosses should be buffed. It's incredibly rare to summon rare(twice as hard as bloodwyrm), with no way of summoning it like bloodwyrm.
  •  Goes without saying these will have a low rate to spawn (1/250) seems fair, and would spawn only for the person who killed the regular boss version whilst on a slayer task.
  • IYkG_EJuStGIKh5idln9Wg.png?width=400&hei 1/1000 from Behemoth Elemental, non wilderness version should be 1/1500
  • Superior Bosses Scroll = Allows a player to encounter superior bosses when doing slayer tasks
    • 35 Blood Slayer Level required
    • 1500 Blood Slayer points required

III. Blood Hound Pet: Not sure if this pet is in game, but if it is then it can simply be recolored with a "blood/red" effect to accommodate it into the blood slayer shop. Since a lot of npc's in the wilderness get stuck during events or with the recent addition of blood revenants, they are getting stuck in remote islands or within buildings/structures with no way of getting them. Proposing we add in this pet that when placed down and you target a blood revenant it will teleport the revenant next to you(similar to the one ween event of 2017 where we could teleport them if they were stuck with the 'poltergust').

• Possible perks could be the following(along with being able to teleport blood revenants):
    • +10% damage to wilderness NPC's
    • 1/3(33%) chance to double currency from wilderness npc kills
    • +15% chance to summon wilderness NPC's
      • Applies to Bloodwyrm, Superior Wilderness bosses( Wicket Vet'ion, Malevolent Barrelchest, Infernal Kraken, Behemoth Elemental), Superior Blood Revenants
  • Cost: 750 blood slayer points
  • Requirement: Level 25 blood slayer

Adjustments:

I. Twisted Bow Formula: With the formula changes in the past it almost feels as if it's not working correctly on NPC's with magic. And speaking from experience twisted bow tends to hit harder and more accurate on NPC's that are low on health(which is when we don't need it to hit hard). Twisted bow scales on enemy magic level but when it should be hitting high 100's on NPC's like chaos elemental or vasa nistirio(without swift glove proc) then surely the formula is busted?

ILFTgyUZR7OWGb0RDCDQmA.png?width=400&hei Hits like these should be more common, not once in a blue moon(this was a single shot with tbow no mystic tekton or swift glove proc btw)

Needs a balance to perform better on the NPC's that it should on because currently it feels no different hitting a frost dragon with a twisted bow compared to a raid boss with an insane magic level.

II. Superior Blood Revenant Targets: These should be made to only be attackable to the person who earned it. Seeing as to how they are announced, this should not be a problem to add in. Great way of making sure the person who got it is ensured his kill, similar to arcane demon only being attackable by the person who summoned it in mage arena. (Superior blood rev would return to being able to get attacked if the player who summoned it died/left)

III. Grandmaster Raids: Reduce the total raid count to 500+ instead of 1000+. Raids are not that great in terms of rewarding and 1000+ raids is super steep. I doubt anyone has 300+, let alone 1K.

IV. Divine Formula: I've had a very long concern about divine being improperly coded regarding the wielder causing incoming players attacks to be less accurate. For some reason divine is causing an attacker to hit much less(more 0s and low hits) and not a whole lot of actual hits. The formula needs to be looked at along with the functionality of ancient guardians hitting through divine(especially nocturnal guardian). This is obviously not working as intended, and should be addressed ASAP.

V. Mystic Tekton Formula: "very rare" chance to one shot a boss is looking very small and impossible to achieve. I've asked around and no one has ever one shot a boss with it, myself included. I've tested it out in the wilderness, spawn orb, raids and it's never procced for me and using a mystic tekton for this sole effect is a waste of time. This rate should be significantly buffed to where one shotting could happen a few times a day. Should also add a notification in the chat box that tells the user the effect has activated and a one shot has been performed.

VI. Skotizo Sceptre Spec: Mentioned this one before and I believe it should be taken into consideration regarding skotizo sceptre becoming actually useful. Currently only has use multi barraging in rev cave or one shotting battle mages with insane accuracy and damage. It has tsotd spec which is pretty useless on a staff meant to be purely offensive with huge damage and accuracy boosts. I've mentioned a strong blast for it's spec similar to the armadyl battlestaff(should be hitting 160-200+ just like skot bow/skot mace to be on par with them as it should). It could also be like elemental staffs custom spell that hits 15-20 damage per meteor which assuming them all hit would be 150-200ish damage with PvM gear bonuses.

• Skotizo Sceptre Spec "Meteor Shower": Blast the enemy with 5 purple meteors each dealing 15-20 damage(without damage bonuses) and cost 65% spec(like skot bow). Each successful meteor saps 5% defense from your target(both pvm and pvp)
    • Capped for PvP at 70(14 per meteor 14-14-14-14-14)
    • Uncapped for PvM

OR

• Skotizo Sceptre Spec "Malevolent Blast": Cast a dark purple colored blast(arma staff spec visual spec) to deal 80-100 damage(without damage bonuses), reduce enemy defense by 25%(if it hits) and cost 65% spec(like skot bow).
    • Capped for PvP at 65
    • Uncapped for PvM

With these changes skotizo sceptre will still remain viable for pvm as it should, and given somewhat of a pvp aspect similar to the use skotizo bow/mace have/used to have.

VII. Slayer Crystal Buff: Have it scale depending on the users blood slayer level. I feel like this is deeply underrated and not many people use this because the travel to get to it in your poh isn't worth the hour of double points.

For every 5 levels of blood slayer gain an extra 15 minutes(which isn't much time added, maybe 1-2 tasks MAX), and every 25 levels gain an en extra 20 minutes(3-4 tasks MAX).

• Level 0 Blood Slayer = 1 hour
  • Level 5 Blood Slayer = +15 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes)
  • Level 10 Blood Slayer = +15 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes)
  • Level 15 Blood Slayer = +15 minutes (1 hour and 45 minutes)
  • Level 20 Blood Slayer = +15 minutes (2 hours)
  • Level 25 Blood Slayer = +30 minutes (2 hours and 30 minutes)

And so on. Every 5 levels=+15 minutes, every 25 levels=+30 minutes. Feels rewarding as you level up your blood slayer and feels like consecutive slayer tasks where you get rewarded with a bonus based on how many you've completed.

VIII. Hotspot Crystal Buff: Of course PvP needs love too and hotspot crystal should also get buffed along side slayer crystal. This one will scale based on your total kills(player kills) and grant you additional duration for the bonus. Hotspot caskets were recently reworked for the better, so this would be a great follow up patch to give people higher chances to earn them.

• 0 Kills = No bonus (1 hour)
  • 1000 Kills = +5 minutes (1 hour and 5 minutes)
  • 2000 Kills = +10 minutes (1 hour and 10 minutes)
  • 3000 Kills = +15 minutes (1 hour and 15 minutes)
  • 4000 Kills = +20 minutes (1 hour and 20 minutes)
  • 5000 Kills = +30 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes)

And so on. Every 1000 kills= +5 minutes, every 5000 kills=+10 minutes. Also feels rewarding to gain a big player kill count and get rewarded for it with extended timers.

QoL:

I. Transparent chatbox: Add in a option to make the chatbox transparent so we can see what's under it. Currently zooming is a hassle and hard to get your view point back to default(yes you can relog but not recommended in wildy) and is an overall burden that doesn't need to exist. We should get a slider so we can set the opacity(would also apply to the timers like teleblock, dfs, pet sickness, etc)

II. Actual Drop Rates: Would be dope if the drop table got added in a section to show you what your drop chances were like with the drop rate bonus you currently have. There's plenty of space on the drop table, and a section could be added with green numbers showing you your drop rate chance per monster and display the drop rate chances with your current drop rate bonus

III. Drop Log Counter: Would also be just as dope if a number could be added to monster drop tables that show you how many times you've gotten that item. Would apply to rares+ or even very rares+.

IV. Venom Hit Predictor: Add in venom to the hit predictor with a green bubble (red=damage, blue=miss, green=venom/poison)

OR

Add in a venom timer to let you know exactly when the next venom tick will come in

V. Additional Quick Chat Messages: Proposing we add in some additional commands to quick chat a few things similar to the way we got ::donated a bit back

• Add in ::raidkc to quick chat how many raids we've completed
  • Add in ::bosskc to quick chat how many kills we have in ::kills
  • Add in ::bslevel to quick chat what level our blood slayer is and how many points we have

Edited by Kellatha
  • Like 1

Actually I really like these ideas.

Mythic is a bit iffy due to how people look at untradables in general. However, I can also see how it'd be fair and balanced towards mythical obsidian. Although, I'd replace ahrim robes with perhaps something a bit harder to get not. And no not virtus, there shouldn't be an untradable version of something that strong. Thinking more along the lines of certain infinity robes gained from mage arena for example.

```Superior Bosses Scroll = Allows a player to encounter superior bosses when doing slayer tasks

• 35 Blood Slayer Level required
  • 1500 Blood Slayer points required```

35 rank is stupidly high. you'll have unlocked everything by the time u unlock this, why even bother to continue? And for those that just do it because why not, it's still a bit unfair. By that point you'll already have completed 175 individual slayer tasks, excluding any tasks u might've failed if you do pking ones, simply too much of a stretch. Somewhere half way like rank 15 would be sufficient. That way players going for only rank 30 can actually enjoy it a little too.

Other than that i'm not going to comment on each individual point. I think they are great. Tons of good ideas and overall QoL improvements that need to happen. 

Only mentionable thing would be to say lower grandmaster one and also make the loot so much better on that to be worth it. Raids are dried out, its such a waste of time at this point. Was fun as fuck on release, but as someone who has nearly 200 KC and only 1 unique item seen, yeah.... F raids lol

Some great suggestions here!

While you have written quite a lot of different ideas for me to individually give feedback for each one, I'd like to at least clear up some misconceptions below:

A.) Autokeep kharazi: Wouldn't be a problem(kharazi itself has almost no defense. Even steel has better defense, and heavily outweighs its use in pking), and could also sport a repair fee. This would allow for more flexibility to mythic donators to use different gear(allow us to use range) besides camping melee 24-7 with skotizo mace.

Certain things I'd probably add a twist to, just to completely ensure it doesn't bring about issues in the wilderness. If the intent is to give a new set of autokeep gear for PvM, the strongest aspect of the set (range strength from armor pieces) should be discarded or reduced for PvP combat only.

Twisted bow scales on enemy magic level but when it should be hitting high 100's on NPC's like chaos elemental or vasa nistirio(without swift glove proc) then surely the formula is busted?

I believe the issue is the actual magic levels of certain bosses. If they're intended to have a high magic level, or even have a spell based combat system, they still might not have the proper level in their back-end. I'll start to look into this and see how many bosses actually fall into this category.

Mystic tekton formula: "very rare" chance to one shot a boss is looking very small and impossible to achieve. I've asked around and no one has ever one shot a boss with it, myself included. I've tested it out in the wilderness, spawn orb, raids and it's never procced for me and using a mystic tekton for this sole effect is a waste of time. This rate should be significantly buffed to where one shotting could happen a few times a day. Should also add a notification in the chat box that tells the user the effect has activated and a one shot has been performed.

A rate buff for this boss effect was tried a few updates ago, but apparently it has not made much of a difference? I'll take note and look further into it, thank you.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

Certain things I'd probably add a twist to, just to completely ensure it doesn't bring about issues in the wilderness. If the intent is to give a new set of autokeep gear for PvM, the strongest aspect of the set (range strength from armor pieces) should be discarded or reduced for PvP combat only.

It would essentially be a glass cannon armor set which is what void is but kharazi has nonexistent defense bonus where as cursed void has 200+. IMO this is very balanced, since defense isn't needed for PvM on here. Kharazi's main role on the server is for PvM but this set would be great to take into the wilderness to take advantage of it's range strength bonus for additional damage. If it's just accuracy gear then we obviously wouldn't care for this since it's essentially the same as the god dhide pieces which is why pernix is very irrelevant when PvMing since damage>accuracy.

If it was adjusted to remove range strength then this suggestion would be pointless as that's the main goal here. An additional range strength for PvP won't do much(+7 range str=one additional max hit) but in pvm this goes farther and one max hit could mean mean +4-6 damage with the damage factor of the damage bonus gear we have.

Let's be honest, comparing it to cursed obsidian which is a highly offensive set if it had no smite bonus or str bonus no one would use it for obvious reasons of no benefit from it. For example if kharazi was just range accuracy gear(it has -3 accuracy then sara dhide which is spawnable) for the top and bottom. These are the only kharazi pieces worth making into mythic kharazi since helm/cape/gloves would 100% be obsolete due to better alternatives like slayer helm/comp or infernal or ava's assembler cape/swift gloves. Possibly only the boots could be a possible upgrade but at the mythic donator rank level everyone probably already has grand promo flippers making this also obsolete. 

This summed up^ = Mythic Kharazi leather body and chaps with 2.5% drop rate bonus per piece(like mythic obsidian) is totally fine

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

I believe the issue is the actual magic levels of certain bosses. If they're intended to have a high magic level, or even have a spell based combat system, they still might not have the proper level in their back-end. I'll start to look into this and see how many bosses actually fall into this category.

Like on RX where there isn't swift gloves i've seen tbow hit high 100's on mobs in raids which makes me wonder if that's how spk's tbow should also be hitting with the additional damage coming from swift gloves powering it further?

7 hours ago, Ryan said:

A rate buff for this boss effect was tried a few updates ago, but apparently it has not made much of a difference? I'll take note and look further into it, thank you.

Yes I am aware it was buffed as I had also suggested it to be buffed before but it should still be buffed more. 1/1000 is too low and for everyone to acknowledge it and say they've never seen mystic tekton one hit then this is obviously rare/not working. What sucks about this more is that it can proc whenever whether your target is at 99% hp or 1% which would really suck if something was 1/1000 and you were about to kill it any way.

Formula could be changed to have a higher chance to proc at total hp and the less hp it has the lower the chance for the one shot to proc.