Brandyn

Untradeable nerf/buff?

Hey guys,

I feel as though the untradeable gear price to repair has been blown out.

I understand that there should be some loss/gain when killing players using these Armour and items, however is the price that is currently being used fair? 

Personally I've spent hundreds of billions trying to obtain most of the untradeables in-game, where when I'm broke now I cant use my set because it costs 1 bill every time I die ( 2 ammies, rune pouch and cursed robes).

Is there a real incentive to invest in these items if you cant even use them to rebuild because of the risk?

Can we drop the price to repair to the older price, or at the very little lower it a bit.

Anyways cheers!

Comment if you have any other suggestions!

Quick tip, build a gilded work bench in your POH which cuts the cost of repairs by 25%.

Also if you are using the rune pouch for veng, then get a veng skull that doesn't need to be repaired.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Honestly, the items are so god damn overpowered, if they nerf prices a little bit everyone will complain. If you're too broke to use the items now, use what you would've used when you first started. You will see for yourself if there is a massive difference and the incentive will build up inside of you to rebuild and be able to use the items again :)

I wouldn’t mind the repair fees as long as the OP ethereal weapons also had high repair fees associated with them.

I doubt this will happen though. Those with ethereal items are generally powerful enough within the community to prevent suggestions being implement that would hinder them, despite benefitting new players and the economy overall.

What a shame. 

On 7/18/2019 at 2:22 AM, Jimm0 said:

I wouldn’t mind the repair fees as long as the OP ethereal weapons also had high repair fees associated with them.

I doubt this will happen though. Those with ethereal items are generally powerful enough within the community to prevent suggestions being implement that would hinder them, despite benefitting new players and the economy overall.

What a shame. 

At least they're seeing some action :P i'm sure no one would even mention ethereal items if they were in a gamblers bank collecting dust. Tevin's always risking billions anyway, so it's not like you're walking away empty handed with his onslaught of ethereal items in the event you get lucky and kill him.

People seem to forget zbow to ags exists, oh but wait zbow a 40+ to a 87 dhl spec and 15 dfs spec.

What ethereal?

Just don't die :)

Edited by Ian
  • Haha 1

why not give the option to dismantle the items, when i got cursed obby it was because they didnt have the repair fee thats all i cared about, now its like 200m per piece and just not worth it, its definitely not what i paid for and i dont really want them.

• Like 2

That's exactly how I'm feeling hey. It was free when I got all the untradeables too feelsbadman

On 7/19/2019 at 9:47 AM, Kellatha said:

At least they're seeing some action :P i'm sure no one would even mention ethereal items if they were in a gamblers bank collecting dust. Tevin's always risking billions anyway, so it's not like you're walking away empty handed with his onslaught of ethereal items in the event you get lucky and kill him.

People seem to forget zbow to ags exists, oh but wait zbow a 40+ to a 87 dhl spec and 15 dfs spec.

What ethereal?

the maul itself is a huge advantage alone that safes u 50b risk, as well as the shield he sometimes brings.

I'm not saying its gamebreaking, but a small repair cost wouldn't harm for sure as he currently doesnt have to think "should i bring this or not" rather, "ill bring it cuz nothing happens if i die"

2 hours ago, metal justin said:

the maul itself is a huge advantage alone that safes u 50b risk, as well as the shield he sometimes brings.

I'm not saying its gamebreaking, but a small repair cost wouldn't harm for sure as he currently doesnt have to think "should i bring this or not" rather, "ill bring it cuz nothing happens if i die"

No one batted an eye when elder maul was 15-20b, suddenly it's in good standing and everyone is throwing a fit? Elder maul isn't that big of a deal, you can out combo easily. With that said, we already added in repair fee's for just about everything. I pk'd for fun yesterday and died with one of the setups i used to deem OP and cost me 675M, for a death, against spawnabled.

Let that sink in and hopefully click something in your brain that we need to stop making deaths so goddam expensive. 100b bank or 100T bank, still hurts me to lose that much in a death and i refuse to pk because of it.

You can also put yourself in his shoes. If you ever had a ethereal weapon you'd understand and agree that they shouldn't have a repair fee due to having crazy RNG(in tevin's case he probably chucked in like 100+ elder mauls). Something that costs trillions and also RNG to win(keep in mind the first ethereal maul winner did not claim his ethereal maul and he quit or something). Purely coincidental tevin landed on it, and now we're just shitting on all of his luck because of a huge case of "immadidonthaveonenerfpls"