Sign in to follow this  
Jimm0

A few bugs

These aren't game breaking bugs, but would be great to fix as and when as a 'Quality of Life' type of fix.

- The salamaders don't work as intended - there is only a melee option.

- Event RPG has the wrong attack styles - there should be a 'kick' option.

- Staffs don't seem to melee properly. I have a sneaking suspicion that they scale off your magic bonuses even whilst using the staff as a melee weapon. It would be great to see this fixed as I can think of ways it could be abused.

- There are a number of things that really shouldn't be spawnable that are. I'm hesitant to reveal these on a public forum but feel free to pm me for full details. A few people seem to have abused this but I haven't seen it in a while.

- BGS hits more than AGS. This should definitely be fixed, as BGS (in decent gear) is honestly more OP than even a barrelchest maul. 

- There is no Zammy hasta in the game - this would be a nice addition.

- There is no enchantment option for event hunter gloves - shouldn't there be?

-  When equipping any battleaxe or mace, you cannot see the attack styles description (anchor and dbaxe prime examples)

- crystal halberd switches attack styles when equipping and unequipping. This is a weird one. One of the styles is labelled 'stabbed' and not 'stab' too

- The client's hit predictor system cannot keep up with shortbow speed when lagging, and cannot keep up with knives under normal operation. this is mainly annoying for pures

- blood slayer bow isn't correctly affected by elderblood ring, and nor is blood dark bow. This would be a good fix for those who have spent 1t on the elderblood ring.

Thanks for reading this far. I know most of these are super petty, but they are mainly meant for a QOL update. It would just make the server feel more polished overall. 

In my opinion I think this is what the server needs going forward. I think the staff team and the community have given many brilliant ideas, and so many have been implemented. But the cost of this is that we have so much content but not all of it is correct. I think these little issues can build up and give the impression of an 'unfinished' server to many new players, which may put them off experiencing some of the unique content the server has to offer.

Sorry for the essay, but hope it's useful to anyone. Cheers.

Jimm0

In addition, I've noticed chaotic maul is super inaccurate. I've tested it on the dummies, and the max hits aren't consistent? It's as if they show a random hit. Really strange, I've not seen this bug with any other weapon.

Dude sometimes the smallest of details can be the most important ones, these are honestly small fixes that make the game better we need more QoL in my opinion thanks for speaking up about so many things. Keep up the findings bro.

• Like 1

Also, the blood perk, "Death blow" or something like that, that gives you 5% chance to do finishing blow to your enemy, if hes below 25% hp doesnt work. Unless you actually make that hit, many times i see in chat perk saying, that i dealt that blow, but then it hits 0, and your enemy/monsters survives. 

(Also theres one of those moments in NotUrAverageNoob videos)

4 hours ago, Super Unicum said:

Also, the blood perk, "Death blow" or something like that, that gives you 5% chance to do finishing blow to your enemy, if hes below 25% hp doesnt work. Unless you actually make that hit, many times i see in chat perk saying, that i dealt that blow, but then it hits 0, and your enemy/monsters survives. 

(Also theres one of those moments in NotUrAverageNoob videos)

It does work but people can out eat it. For some reason i'm also seeing it work on monsters which also seems to not be working.

5 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

It does work but people can out eat it. For some reason i'm also seeing it work on monsters which also seems to not be working.

If you can out eat it, then surely it's not working as intended? The description of the perk is to have a '5% chance to guarantee a killing blow to an enemy below 33% health'

1 hour ago, Kellatha said:

Its not the thing, that they out-eat it , what about monsters? I mean it gives notification, that you did that blow, but then you hit 0 into its defense. :)

1 hour ago, Jimm0 said:

If you can out eat it, then surely it's not working as intended? The description of the perk is to have a '5% chance to guarantee a killing blow to an enemy below 33% health'

Super right!^

2 minutes ago, Super Unicum said:

Its not the thing, that they out-eat it , what about monsters? I mean it gives notification, that you did that blow, but then you hit 0 into its defense. :)

Super right!^

I think it hits them for whatever HP they have left under that percentage so like if it triggers on an an enemy with 17 hp left then that's all it's going to take away.

IIRC tevin had a video where he was boxing in his house and this happened, just flat out took all his remaining hp and he won the boxing match inside his house

Bump.

i would love to try to ok with the event rpg, black salamander, and some obscure staffs.

also, could the ham joint be introduced to the game?

Edited by Jimm0

Another issue is with dragon hasta (and spawnable hastas) not having a crush attack option. This would make d hasta more viable for edge pking against high def armours