iamtrying

Market Manipulation?

Firstly I don’t want anyone to take this too seriously but instead treat it as an opportunity for discussion.

I have noticed (more so recently) that Traffic has had a significant impact on the Spawnpk economy. I believe the impact is a negative one for the vast majority of players and I will explain why below.

To me merchanting is taking advantage of price movements that are the result of natural changes in supply and demand for items in the economy. I think this is great and I have no problems with players actively engaging in merching. 

What I do have a problem with is players like Traffic buying out the entire supply of numerous high value items and then setting a new sale price artificially inflating prices. Some example items and pets that have been bought out by Traffic recently include aliens, death pets, T bows, justice pieces, t bows and e mauls. Players are then forced to pay artificially high prices for items they have been saving to allow Traffic to profit. I’m guessing Traffic is one of the wealthiest players in the game and I’m suprised he feels the need to do this given its effect on the community.

For those individuals who may have already owned an item or multiple items that get completely bought out they can make a tidy profit and these individuals tend to be the wealthier players anyway and this therefore ends up concentrating the wealth. Many of these items are really helpful for player progression and therefore the more expensive they become the more delayed people’s play experience becomes.

On the flip side if you get yourself a t bow from raids you’ve now profited much more than you would of done a few weeks back however given the rarity of these items I think the upside of this manipulation is greatly outweighed.

What do others think about this?

What do you think about this Traffic? 

1 hour ago, iamtrying said:

I have noticed (more so recently) that Traffic has had a significant impact on the Spawnpk economy. I believe the impact is a negative one for the vast majority of players and I will explain why below.

I believe Traffic had less to do with this than you're accounting for. A lot of items were looked at and deemed to easy to achieve, on of those items (which you mentioned many times in this thread) was the Twisted Bow. This bow now costs 200 blood diamonds instead of 100 blood diamonds. I know what you're thinking "its just 100 diamonds more! it should only double in price in relation to the buff in cost" but literally as this was happening a player "fp me noobs" was already in progress of trying to improve the economy focusing specifically on blood diamond merching. He started buying blood diamonds for as much as 700m ea! (the man was mad rich) and by time the new changes rolled around he held the blood diamond market, meaning less blood diamonds just moving in the eco ( I don't believe he was merching them but rather hoarding them) This whole story is getting longer than I intended, but I'd like to revisit the main point. This isn't something that has just recently been going on with Traffic radomly getting rich, I believe he is doing his part as a soild eco holder of keeping prices high. We have been in a time where twisted bow's were 35b yoshis 25b elder mauls 14b.. When HIGH TIER items are that low something has to change I mean even fused slayer helms were as cheap as 140B at one point!! I understand as a newer player you may think a twisted bow for 35b sounds sweet but not really cause then EVERYONE is running around using tbows, an item that in BIS range (besides skot bow in wild) It might also seem as though this is just one huge merch-fest and that the rich are just getting richer, I won't say you're wrong but it's also important to try to understand and see as to WHY these items are being merched. I will say this is the BEST that I have seen the eco in a very long time honestly probably ever some high tier items i.e. the Scythe of Vitur reached all time low prices of 70b! But after this update and people "merching" it's at an all time high of almost 300b. Making this item have the reputation it deserves for the power it really has. 

I believe it's also important to add that making money now seems easier than it may have once, you can do 3 dailies and make 7b+ just off the daily rewards there are also bosses now such as KBD that drop raw bags! As money becomes easier to obtain to stabilize the economy items as well need to go up in prices because the more money there is in game the less value it has. I understand where you're coming from but I hope that my reply helps you to understand that this (at least in my opinion) isn't such a bad this and Traffic isnt such a bad dude. 
thanks for reading my post - Saltysadface

Edited by saltysadface
typo

LMFAO if u didn't like what traffic did then sit down and watch me make tbows sell for 700b easily 

3 minutes ago, Weedfarm said:

LMFAO if u didn't like what traffic did then sit down and watch me make tbows sell for 700b easily 

You still didn't split the Teleblock bro. Share the love ❤️ 

7 hours ago, Weedfarm said:

Great I’ll have fun playing something else it’s really not a problem 😀

On 6/17/2019 at 12:40 AM, saltysadface said:

I believe Traffic had less to do with this than you're accounting for. A lot of items were looked at and deemed to easy to achieve, on of those items (which you mentioned many times in this thread) was the Twisted Bow. This bow now costs 200 blood diamonds instead of 100 blood diamonds. I know what you're thinking "its just 100 diamonds more! it should only double in price in relation to the buff in cost" but literally as this was happening a player "fp me noobs" was already in progress of trying to improve the economy focusing specifically on blood diamond merching. He started buying blood diamonds for as much as 700m ea! (the man was mad rich) and by time the new changes rolled around he held the blood diamond market, meaning less blood diamonds just moving in the eco ( I don't believe he was merching them but rather hoarding them) This whole story is getting longer than I intended, but I'd like to revisit the main point. This isn't something that has just recently been going on with Traffic radomly getting rich, I believe he is doing his part as a soild eco holder of keeping prices high. We have been in a time where twisted bow's were 35b yoshis 25b elder mauls 14b.. When HIGH TIER items are that low something has to change I mean even fused slayer helms were as cheap as 140B at one point!! I understand as a newer player you may think a twisted bow for 35b sounds sweet but not really cause then EVERYONE is running around using tbows, an item that in BIS range (besides skot bow in wild) It might also seem as though this is just one huge merch-fest and that the rich are just getting richer, I won't say you're wrong but it's also important to try to understand and see as to WHY these items are being merched. I will say this is the BEST that I have seen the eco in a very long time honestly probably ever some high tier items i.e. the Scythe of Vitur reached all time low prices of 70b! But after this update and people "merching" it's at an all time high of almost 300b. Making this item have the reputation it deserves for the power it really has. 

I believe it's also important to add that making money now seems easier than it may have once, you can do 3 dailies and make 7b+ just off the daily rewards there are also bosses now such as KBD that drop raw bags! As money becomes easier to obtain to stabilize the economy items as well need to go up in prices because the more money there is in game the less value it has. I understand where you're coming from but I hope that my reply helps you to understand that this (at least in my opinion) isn't such a bad this and Traffic isnt such a bad dude. 
thanks for reading my post - Saltysadface

Hey thanks for the reply. I understand the main point your making regarding these items being to cheap anyway but we shouldn’t be relying on individuals to control the entire market in order to combat this. The problem should instead be fixed on the supply side which has been attempted with doubling the blood diamond price of some items but in theory the drop rates would need adjusting too. The most important thing to have in the eco is a form of stability and as we can see from last nights events that’s now completely destroyed. You can see from weedfarms comment above that Traffics actions I was originally talking about are pretty mild compared with what’s to come! As I mentioned before the wealthier players who are the ones who own these items that are being bought out are set to benefit concentrating the wealth even further.  

58 minutes ago, iamtrying said:

Hey thanks for the reply. I understand the main point your making regarding these items being to cheap anyway but we shouldn’t be relying on individuals to control the entire market in order to combat this. The problem should instead be fixed on the supply side which has been attempted with doubling the blood diamond price of some items but in theory the drop rates would need adjusting too. The most important thing to have in the eco is a form of stability and as we can see from last nights events that’s now completely destroyed. You can see from weedfarms comment above that Traffics actions I was originally talking about are pretty mild compared with what’s to come! As I mentioned before the wealthier players who are the ones who own these items that are being bought out are set to benefit concentrating the wealth even further.  

Okay so let me set this straight, this is not about controlling the economy for a personal cause, because for real right now I dont really care about anymore wealth, it is about having certain items in game harder to obtain, for example a twisted bow is not a thing that should be owned by everyone, it's best in slot for range, fused helms are so op too, and the change I am trying to make is not for me, as I mentioned above I really dont care about more wealth. I love spawnpk with all my heart and to be honest, I dont even own eco, I do have a lot, other players have huge amount of wealth, but that's not the point, my point is that it's too easy to get BIS gear which makes it hard for new players to compete when a boss is being camped. Skotizo items are way too oped, spceially at revs, so an item like this shouldn't fall in the hand of anyone unless they worked so hard for it or got a lucky skotizo drop. You need to understand what I did yesterday was nothing, because I still haven't put pressure on blood diamonds, blood money, donator tickets, etc.......All in all this is not just to my personal benefit even tho I will be benefiting nonetheless, but this is for a better spk.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2019 at 7:20 PM, Weedfarm said:

how'd that work out.

• Haha 2

On 6/17/2019 at 4:20 PM, Weedfarm said: