roadtofused

Slayer revamp

Yes, blood slayer was a great addition to boost the amount of people doing slayer in the wildy, but the normal slayer system hasn't received any love! I suggest we add in 'special assignments' which have like a 1 in 10 chance of actually going off via the slayer master. Special slayer assignment I had in mind were like Skotizo, Vorkath, and Superior wildy bosses. Adding assignments like this would make people go grind for the items needed to do them (I.E vork teles, or revenant ether). The rewards wouldn't be anything crazy, but I believe doubling the slayer points when you do have these special assignments would be fair!

• Like 1

The normal slayer system was buffed with relics not long before blood slayer was released although it has felt as if the relic's just really are not worth the cost and hold more of a cosmetic value rather than any real use. With that being said I do still agree that something might need to change as currently it almost seems more profitable to afk kbd and get the point boxes than to actually do slayer which kind of ruins the nature of the skill. I'm just not sure that adding "harder" bosses would be the trick (at least randomly) as this would be VERY off putting to newer players. I can not even begin to imagine trying to attempt Vorkath as a new player never having tried it before on any other servers or 07, that would be a long and brutal task. I could see an alternative to this being maybe creating a new section in the slayer menu for instance "superior boss slayer" which would be separate from both normal and boss slayer and have a higher chance of getting harder bosses such as vork, tek, corp, skotizo, and potentially even a certain raids kc as an assignment would be sick in my opinion! 
Overall I think the suggestion is really awesome with some minor tweaking I think you're really onto something :) I hope these ideas are taken into consideration! 

23 hours ago, saltysadface said:

The normal slayer system was buffed with relics not long before blood slayer was released although it has felt as if the relic's just really are not worth the cost and hold more of a cosmetic value rather than any real use. With that being said I do still agree that something might need to change as currently it almost seems more profitable to afk kbd and get the point boxes than to actually do slayer which kind of ruins the nature of the skill. I'm just not sure that adding "harder" bosses would be the trick (at least randomly) as this would be VERY off putting to newer players. I can not even begin to imagine trying to attempt Vorkath as a new player never having tried it before on any other servers or 07, that would be a long and brutal task. I could see an alternative to this being maybe creating a new section in the slayer menu for instance "superior boss slayer" which would be separate from both normal and boss slayer and have a higher chance of getting harder bosses such as vork, tek, corp, skotizo, and potentially even a certain raids kc as an assignment would be sick in my opinion! 
Overall I think the suggestion is really awesome with some minor tweaking I think you're really onto something :) I hope these ideas are taken into consideration! 

I agree salty, superior slayer needs to be separate from normal slayer as these tasks would take a lot more time to complete.

I believe we could add some perks like maybe a drop bonus when on task or a damage boost.

We could also have unique rewards for superior slayer shop.

With that being said, +1 for me.

• Like 1

I love the idea of buffing slayer to make it a better option for low-mid tier moneymaking. I think your idea is on the right track... What about NEW items in the slayer store? I can't quite think of anything fitting just yet, but this could be exciting!

• Like 1