Phenomenon

Proper Solution for the Autokeep & Untradable Epidemic

7 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Another thing I would like you guys to understand is the amount of character it takes to make a thread like this from an unbiased perspective.

• I'm not sure if some of you guys think that this thread would favor me (or anyone around me), but this is most certainly not the case.
  • I don't think it's a secret that I've worked my ass off for 2 years straight getting all of these items all by myself (with no help from the owners or others), and I even have a from scratch series running...

I have all of these items in-game and i'm willing to show a little bit of humility and care for the server as a whole by allowing higher repair fees..

f9fac01712c5313cd708d755f363cab0.png

Fuck the higher fees just get rid of them in a whole. Nothing should be untradable and any autokeeps should be lost 20+ wildy 

Everyone just needs to take this into consideration even if you do a poll and it's split down the middle push it through people are always going to complain but for the longevity of the server it's hurting it horribly, no new person that goes into spawnpk wilderness usually stays upon fighting these people unless their mindset is "i'm going to donate for that i want that" That's a slim chance though, that being said @Phenomenon push this update bro for the greater good. People in less risk will have more incentive to fight these people instead of constantly skipping them. I do not see this in anyway negatively impacting the server, i see it making edge pk especially more active and maybe clanning a little more rewarding and a cash sink is always nice, as one of the oldest members of this community i give you a huge +1

+1 Agreed to all but.. Not my baby.. not.. my.. bound.. pouch :(... dont dare to touch sarah :(

+1 to infinity.

As much as I would LOVE to remove cursed items, it's a bit too late for that and as Tevin has said 'it'll be an outrage' and that's true. Just making the cost repairs higher is a nice little way to counteract some of the ppl who use this gear for 'No risk' pking. And if they don't have the money or willingness to pay for the repair fee's, the less we'll see these items in deep wild pking/pking in general. Also adds some reward to killing ppl with untradable OP gear rather than literal chump change. There is a lot more i'd like to say, but I cba typing too much. :D 

Massive +1. The thing I've noticed as of late is that players don't try to become better pkers or that they don't go and practice a skill of their liking, but that they gamble so they can obtain more auto-keep items so that they don't require proper skills to put up a fight.

That's the core issue in my opinion as of right now. Auto-keep items >>> skill. 

Increasing the risk they carry can be a proper driving force for players to improve in skill rather than increase in auto-keeps.

Big fat +1.

If u ask me, player opinions don't matter on this. Ofcourse they going to hate it.

Just like how osrs polls somethings, but forces the updates for the integrity of the game - this is one of those intergrity updates.

-1 From me, as someone mentioned we went hard and long way to obtaining these items, why are we supposed to pay even more for that. Im sure as hell for someone like tevin these repair prices doesnt cost a thing, he has both moderator and youtuber accounts, so he gets "weekly wages" Unlikely others. Big -1

I like where this idea is headed, however some of the numbers must be wrong.

For example, cursed obsidian costing 500m per piece to repair (approximately) would just mean that anyone pking in cursed obsidian would use statius or vesta instead (approximately the same risk for better armour - remember than cursed obsidian isn't too much better than bandos, afterall).

Totally agree with the fact that these things shouldn't be here in the first place. What do you think about ethereal items? Tevin, you have the ethereal maul - since that is extremely OP and autokeep (with no bonuses for anyone who kills you with it) don't you think this should have a 10b repair on death fee?

+1, untradables are way too good and give a clear advantage over any other gear, even extremely expensive ones. The least we could do is make them break on death.

personally i truely think this is a good idea. Im by far not a high tier player but at the same time there is litterally no money to be made pking. Im not one of those people who doesnt risk anything because i can, sure i use my cursed obsidian but i always risk atleast 1b no matter what, i dont believe untradeables need a nerf and if the repair costs go up i really believe that the stats should reflect. For example the cursed obsidian only has the stats of bandos but if you make the repair cost 500m you might as well just pickup bandos for 150m per piece. i guess what im trying to say is the smite effect is nice but its not worth an extra 250m there has to be a balance somewhere in there.

I agree with everything, it's a good start and I think it should be something that takes place over many months. Changes like this are never balanced at first so the best way to go about it is to put it into play and make changes depending on how it effects EVERYONE, not just people with untradeables. The goal for this should be to help balance pking for people that haven't made it to untradeables while still giving those with untradables a relatively steep advantage at a cost.

Great to kill economy. Prices will drop and all players who worked hard to get the untradable end up not being able to use it due to costs.

2 hours ago, reemanlol said:

+1, untradables are way too good and give a clear advantage over any other gear, even extremely expensive ones. The least we could do is make them break on death.

all untradies break on death l0l

9 hours ago, Super Unicum said:

Im sure as hell for someone like tevin these repair prices doesnt cost a thing, he has both moderator and youtuber accounts, so he gets "weekly wages"

This is a false claim lol, I don't get weekly wages.

4 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

What do you think about ethereal items? Tevin, you have the ethereal maul - since that is extremely OP and autokeep (with no bonuses for anyone who kills you with it) don't you think this should have a 10b repair on death fee?

I wouldn't mind a repair fee on it as long as it's somewhat reasonable (10B is not reasonable lol).

I agree on this concept, and on most of the repair costs, except cursed obsidian. You're asking cursed obsidian to be repaired for 2.5b!? Cursed obsidian is just auto-keep bandos, not even worth close to 2.5b in my opinion. I also think the repair costs of void should be tweaked. 250m per piece sounds good.

2 hours ago, Lammie said:

I agree on this concept, and on most of the repair costs, except cursed obsidian. You're asking cursed obsidian to be repaired for 2.5b!? Cursed obsidian is just auto-keep bandos, not even worth close to 2.5b in my opinion. I also think the repair costs of void should be tweaked. 250m per piece sounds good.

I'm willing to compromise on this, 250M per piece isn't bad either but you do realize that it also has additional smite drain scaled on damage built into the armor as well? This can be very troublesome when a user has holy berserker and other items (which seems to be a growing issue).

I wouldn't expect the general public to think much of it, but from a coding statement and actually taking a look at the numbers, cursed obsidian is a bigger deal than most would expect.

As an avid edge PKer, I am very frustrated seeing all the non-riskers and nonskullers sitting in the wildy, ruining experiences for those who have just logged on/can't afford gear. I don't think the gear needs nerfing, I think the gear needs to be more expensive to use, dissentivizing its use and incentivizing people to start risking a bit. People work hard to get these items and the effects (thinking smite effect) are the reward. Allowing people to reap these rewards for next to no $ is where things get to be broken in my opinion.

+1 +1 +1 +1

Before even looking at untradable's aren't you going to address barrows with Amulet Of Damned and (T) being to OP in the wild?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

I wouldn't mind a repair fee on it as long as it's somewhat reasonable (10B is not reasonable lol).

I'd argue that of all the untradeables, an autokept elder maul is by far the most overpowered and should subsequently have the largest repair fee (same goes for ethereal dinh's etc.)

Is the only reason that you disagree with this statement because you are the only player with these weapons?

In which case I think it's pretty hypocritical of you to suggest that everyone else has to pay more to pk, yet you'd be able to use your most overpowered autokept ethereal items without compromise.

If you're going to implement a rule to all autokept weapons, the amount to repair the autokept has to scale with the power of that autokept (for example, cursed void should cost more to repair than cursed obsidian, and ethereal weapons should cost A LOT more to repair than all other autokepts).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

+1 from me, people also need to realise that these autokeep items will now be worth something when you kill someone for them, so if you're a good pker, this benefits you. I don't see the problem with this and why people are against it, yes your deaths will cost you more, but you will also make more money from kills.. It's a win win...

4 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

I'd argue that of all the untradeables, an autokept elder maul is by far the most overpowered and should subsequently have the largest repair fee (same goes for ethereal dinh's etc.)

Is the only reason that you disagree with this statement because you are the only player with these weapons?

In which case I think it's pretty hypocritical of you to suggest that everyone else has to pay more to pk, yet you'd be able to use your most overpowered autokept ethereal items without compromise.

If you're going to implement a rule to all autokept weapons, the amount to repair the autokept has to scale with the power of that autokept (for example, cursed void should cost more to repair than cursed obsidian, and ethereal weapons should cost A LOT more to repair than all other autokepts).

I think you're missing the point here, don't call me a hypocrite when we both know that's not the case here - I clearly said I'd be alright with Ethereal Items having a fee:

18 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

You have to remember that 4 other players have Ethereal items as well, I'm taking how they might feel into account (used to be 6 but now 2 are out of the game). 10B cash EVERY time on death is absolutely absurd even if it is the best item in game (you're out of your mind if 100 bags are to be paid every time you die to someone, no one can afford that not even eco holders).

I'd say a more reasonable fee would be like 2.5B cash, even the best PKers like myself still face the inevitable (dying).

Pretty disgusted how you would even call me a hypocrite when the statements I made above clearly indicate i'm all for your suggestion, but that's besides the point. Moving forward.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Anthem said:

Before even looking at untradable's aren't you going to address barrows with Amulet Of Damned and (T) being to OP in the wild?

Already noted, that's not something that needs to be discussed with the community that's something blatant and will be fixed without a doubt.