Phenomenon

Proper Solution for the Autokeep & Untradable Epidemic

For a list of all of the autokeep and untradable items, please refer to the link below:

All of the best items within SpawnPK are autokeep and untradable and have the potential to deal the highest amounts of damage with a very high accuracy formula.

• This allows players to be the strongest in-game without any type of risk involved - Giving them a strong, unfair advantage over other players.
  • On OSRS (or a majority of servers for that matter), all of the strongest items in the game are worth a LOT of money and are lost on death if not protected.
  • Even if an item is automatically kept on death, they come with a consequence: having to re-obtain said item or having to repair it with gold.
  • The significance in this statement being made is that everything is typically worth something on OSRS and there is a very high sense of reward when getting a player kill.

dd40837576aa3e52bed2dadee4f211fb.png

Solutions:

There are quite a few ways that this issue can be approached, however, we're going to be focusing on my most logical.

We are in way too deep for things like barrows / DFS to be unspawnable so that is completely out of the picture, and I don't think mass-nerfing autokeep and untradable items is the appropriate route to take on this matter either, this leaves us with one possible solution:

Buff the repair fees on autokeep items corresponding to how much of a problem (or how strong) that item is within the game.

Here is a detailed list of how much each autokeep & untradable item currently costs to repair when broken on death, this could be off due to anti-farm rewards:

Cursed Void:

• Received: 100M Coins
  • Repair Fee: 75M Coins / 3 Blood Shards for both pieces

I suggest that players who kill someone in both cursed void pieces receive 1B cash (10 bags, or 500M each piece), and the player who has to repair it must pay 2B cash, or 1B cash per piece OR X amount of blood shards (up for debate - but I say 20... could either make it have a slight edge over cash for more usefulness, or the same)

Cursed Obsidian:

• Received: 62M Coins
  • Repair fee: 93M Coins / 4 blood shards for all 3 pieces

I suggest that players who kill someone in all 3 cursed obsidian pieces receive 1.5B cash (15 bags, or 500M each piece), and the player who has to repair it must pay 2.5B cash, or 1B cash per piece and 500M for the helmet OR 20 blood shards.

Enchanted Boots:

• Received: 22M Coins
  • Repair fee: 33M Coins / 1 blood shard

I suggest that players who kill someone wearing enchanted boots receive 200M cash, and the player who has to repair it must pay 500M cash or 10 blood shards if they wish to use it again .. I know this is going to be controversial but these are the best boots in game and they are pretty OP so I want to hit them hard. If you have E boots you can definitely afford to pay 500M to repair it - Don't like the high price? Do everything in your power not to die, simple as that.

Enchanted Gloves:

• Received: 23M Coins
  • Repair fee: 33M Coins / 1 blood shard

Same concept / price as the enchanted boots .. Some might argue the gloves are even more broken but I think 500M repair fee is enough.

Torture, Anguish, and Occult ornament kit:

• Received: 22M Coins EACH - Shouldn't matter which kit, each one should have the same price IMO (even if torture is strongest / most popular, no need for variety) ...
  • Repair fee: 33M Coins / 1 blood shard EACH

I suggest that players who kill someone wearing any of these ornament kits received 100M cash, and the player who has to repair it must pay 200M cash or 5 blood shards if they wish to use it again FOR EACH NECKLACE. Because there are 3 different types that may or may not be used in conjunction with one another, I think the repair fee should stay relatively low.

Ring Of Vigour (i):

• Received: 15M Coins
  • Repair fee: 22M coins / 1 blood shard

I suggest that players who kill someone wearing a ring of vigour (i) receive 50M coins, and if the player who has to repair it wishes to use it again, they must pay 100M coins or 3 blood shards.

In addition to these items, there are going to be some items that are going to break on death now just for the sake of this movement:

• Infernal Cape: 100M to those who kill someone wearing this, and it will cost 100M or 2 blood shards to repair.
  • Avernic Defender: 50M to those who kill someone wearing this, and it will cost 50M or 1 blood shards to repair.
  • Bound Rune Pouch (yes, you heard me): 50M to those who kill someone wearing this, and it will cost 50M or 1 blood shards to repair.
  • ALL BLOOD ITEMS (RINGS, WEAPONS, SLAYER, ETC): 100M Repair Fee for each weapon (I know this is going to get a lot of hate, but yes 100M), 50M to those who kill someone wearing this for each blood item.
  • Ferocious Gloves: 100M to those who kill someone wearing this, and it will cost 100M or 2 blood shards to repair.
  • Grand Promotional items, where you can bind the BEST helmet in game and not risk it (dark serp to a charmed halo) - GRAND REPAIR FEE MOTHAFUCKA! ... All jokes aside, we would need to place a small fee on this as well maybe 100M.

You might've noticed I left out things such as the ava's assembler, accumulator (t), wilderness cloak, elite void, and PvP items ... This is because some of these already have repair fee's that I believe are properly priced, and others just don't need the repair fee.

This also opens the doors for potential blood perks (though unlikely) to reduce repair fees ... We currently have the gilded repair tables in PoH's, however, we could really sink some BM via perks for 5% and 10% discounts (maybe 5,000 BM each perk) to eliminate over saturated BM in the game. If this is done, it needs to be done in a way that does not contradict the efforts made today ... More than likely won't happen

Feel free to let me know what your guys' thoughts are on this proposal, and please provide constructive criticism based on objective thinking rather than your emotions, otherwise it will be quickly dismissed as ranting. This thread took a lot of time and thought to make, and I even had to lower the KDR a bit to die for each autokeep item.

• Like 3

People aren't going to like this due to the fact that they say they worked hard to gain they untradeables and would like the grind they put in to be justified. However can also see the opposite argument where its unfair against players without the untradeables.

I agree with all the repair fees suggestion and what a player should receive when killing someone with certain items, but the one I disagree with is Cursed Void. Cursed Void is just straight up broken and needs to be removed (or extremely nerfed). Other than that, I agree with the rest.

-1 unless you were to then make barrows unspawnable etc or add a fee to use it in the same manner as it can have some very large bonus'.

This would change the dynamic of the game but would ultimately benefit it in the long run, giving risk to all players entering the Wildy. Preventing people suiciding in strong spawnables. 

• Like 1

Maybe as a better way for cursed obsidian and cursed void would be on death it de-attaches void/ obsidian pieces and the player will keep an untradeable version of the kit where they can use the appropriate armours to use again (not elite void just regular void) but on death the player won't drop these void / obsidian pieces but like 200m cash? Not only will this mean you have to risk to use these items but also act as a blood money sink and actually make gaining obsidian via bounty hunter actually worth while. However i will admit the price for obsidian is way too high a long with many of the other items currently in the bounty shop like rune pouch so their price in bounty points should be adjusted accordingly

• Like 1

I agree, autokeeps on this game have been a really hot topic ever since cursed armors were released but, we have already seen some pretty big nerfs on these items. I know they are still strong but there are players who payed 100b for these some people payed even more because they were really good! Since then I've seen I think three nerfs already on these items which some of them were pretty heavy nerfs. I myself do not have these armors as I would never personally use them but I just really empathize with the people that did buy these items for high prices (even 50m bounty is a decent chunck) and are just seeing them nerfed to the ground... but I do agree something should happen because in this current state there just isnt as much money to be made in the wilderness as there used to be.. its a tough one! 

Just now, The aurora said:

-1 unless you were to then make barrows unspawnable etc or add a fee to use it in the same manner as it can have some very large bonus'.

This would change the dynamic of the game but would ultimately benefit it in the long run, giving risk to all players entering the Wildy. Preventing people suiciding in strong spawnables. 

I feel the same way tbh with either making dharoks also spawnable or making all barrows and dfs unspawnable as its not like ahrims is any weaker than dharoks same with karils and even verac's. Might also liven up barrows.

• Like 2

-1 Completely disagree with the entire idea of making us pay more for no reason at all. I should also suggest you setting up a poll so we can see what the community wants.
Eiter way, we spend lots of money to get untradables already and i legit cba spending more for no better bonus whatsoever.

Just now, Gangsta Nat said:

-1 Completely disagree with the entire idea of making us pay more for no reason at all. I should also suggest you setting up a poll so we can see what the community wants.
Eiter way, we spend lots of money to get untradables already and i legit cba spending more for no better bonus whatsoever.

You've gotta understand this from a newer players prospective where literally all BIS items are autokeep and untradeable and leave little to no reward for pking some1 using these items. I understand the cost is alot just to obtain some of these items however this shouldn't make them the BIS items especially when you take into account the smiting capabilities of cursed obsidian.

Receiving what is basically nothing for killing some1 in overpowered gear is the reason pking is dying on the server tbh and is an issue that needs to be looked into and addjusted accordingly to make both new and old players happy.

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

People aren't going to like this due to the fact that they say they worked hard to gain they untradeables and would like the grind they put in to be justified. However can also see the opposite argument where its unfair against players without the untradeables.

You are 100% correct, however, repair fees are necessary given the current meta on SpawnPK and how easily you can obtain income (thieving stalls if things are REALLY that bad, but if you have enchanted boots etc i'm sure you're well off to afford a 200M repair fee).

4 minutes ago, Max Avon said:

but the one I disagree with is Cursed Void. Cursed Void is just straight up broken and needs to be removed (or extremely nerfed). Other than that, I agree with the rest.

I believe cursed void is being addressed in some way shape or form (will not discuss the details), however, we should be seeing some type of improvement - An all out removal is not the most optimal decision at this time (unless we reimburse cash bags for anyone with the item in their bank but I imagine this is a lot of work).

4 minutes ago, The aurora said:

As much as I would like for barrows / DFS to be unspawnable, It defeats the purpose of the name "SpawnPK" (not 100%, since things like fury DDS etc are spawanable) but I really feel like this would give new players NO CHANCE at surviving against players in absolute max. I just can't allow this. Dragonfire shield would be great unspawnable though, and maybe a specific Dragon (one that can't be AFK-Pvmed) can drop it. We can give new players Rune Defender / Dragon Sq Shield.

5 minutes ago, lzerraptorz said:

Maybe as a better way for cursed obsidian and cursed void would be on death it de-attaches void/ obsidian pieces and the player will keep an untradeable version of the kit where they can use the appropriate armours to use again (not elite void just regular void) but on death the player won't drop these void / obsidian pieces but like 200m cash? Not only will this mean you have to risk to use these items but also act as a blood money sink and actually make gaining obsidian via bounty hunter actually worth while. However i will admit the price for obsidian is way too high a long with many of the other items currently in the bounty shop like rune pouch so their price in bounty points should be adjusted accordingly

Interesting concept, but I think too extreme and would ultimately cause a riot within the community.

4 minutes ago, saltysadface said:

but I do agree something should happen because in this current state there just isnt as much money to be made in the wilderness as there used to be.. its a tough one! 

Your entire selection was valid, some of these items cost a fuckton of money and you deserve to have the strength behind it - I'm not doubting that. Which is why I think stronger repair fees instead of nerfs is the best way to go.

3 minutes ago, Gangsta Nat said:

You're entitled to your own opinion, however, the repair fees are scaled off of the role it plays within the game (how OP it is) and are within reasonable boundaries. I believe this is a necessary change in gameplay to support the server as a whole rather than allowing pay to win / unfair advantages to continue occurring without a risk involved. I will see if I can change this into a poll, and by the way - This would ONLY affect PvP (I don't know how one would die in pvming ... xD)

Also P.S. - All of the items that are on SpawnPK (both in terms of functionality / title of the item, and the stats it provides) .. NONE OF THESE are autokeep / untradable anywhere else on OSRS or other servers, and if they are, they have strong repair fees. These are the core foundations of Runescape and whether or not you are not used to this is besides the point, you never forsake core foundations.

2 minutes ago, lzerraptorz said:

You've gotta understand this from a newer players prospective where literally all BIS items are autokeep and untradeable and leave little to no reward for pking some1 using these items. I understand the cost is alot just to obtain some of these items however this shouldn't make them the BIS items especially when you take into account the smiting capabilities of cursed obsidian.

Receiving what is basically nothing for killing some1 in overpowered gear is the reason pking is dying on the server tbh and is an issue that needs to be looked into and addjusted accordingly to make both new and old players happy.

They're not forced to fight in most situations fights are usually "gl" agreed upon before they start. and if these items get super hard nerfed like this ppl just wont use them and then it will still just be ppl pking in spawns nothing gonna change just more pkers in spawns at edge is all which i'm not even trying to imply as a bad thing but it will just be the same people still wont risk anything.

Just now, saltysadface said:

They're not forced to fight in most situations fights are usually "gl" agreed upon before they start. and if these items get super hard nerfed like this ppl just wont use them and then it will still just be ppl pking in spawns nothing gonna change just more pkers in spawns at edge is all which i'm not even trying to imply as a bad thing but it will just be the same people still wont risk anything.

Wym people aren't forced when the its either fight spawnables for 0 money or fight autokept items for 0 money. Fights also aren't a simple "gl" people tend to attack the ones in spawnables in the op customs as they see it as a free tier and blood money and that shouldn't be how it is.

Terrible update in my opinion. This defeats the whole purpose of untradables. Might as well remove them out of the game and have people pk in vesta, Morrigan and statius..

2 minutes ago, saltysadface said:

Literally you can walk up to someone, whip them a 43 right off the jump and claw (or) into an 84 if you'd like. There is no risk-protection, blacklisting, or ways to stop people from doing what they want in edgeville. Some are civil, some are not. You can teleport away sure but there's nothing from stopping someone from going ham with a special attack if they see a big EXP drop from their initial attack without asking. This is not a problem for just new players either, it can happen to someone risking a blood orb / vestas and serp as well and GG over 3B

This server is beyond helping at this point. Any changes you make is gonna make one party mad and the other happy. Just make the necessary changes that should have been done in the first place and stop making untradable items only things that should be untradable are stuff that is on osrs and there counter parts. Cursed void should have never been introduced in the first place was the most broken and still remains the most broken update.

• Like 2

Just now, dork squad said:

Terrible update in my opinion. This defeats the whole purpose of untradables. Might as well remove them out of the game and have people pk in vesta, Morrigan and statius..

That would actually be better tbh, but this doesn't completely make untradeables redundant especially considering that this is how it is on most pk rsps and osrs alike.

Just now, dork squad said:

Untradable items (for those that aren't supposed to be) were a mistake to begin with, but nerfing / total removal would result in more complications and outrage than you know. This is the only (and the smartest) alternative we can provide at this time. Compromise is necessary in times like this, and if you don't believe this is a problem let's have a fight at edgeville i'll use the best items in game with 0 risk and 2 hit you constantly and let me know if I should be able to do this for free

Just now, RagOrScout said:

Big -1. If you don't like it don't fight it simple

Alot of players don't get the choice in the matter you cant simply stop some1 from attacking you

Just now, RagOrScout said:

Big -1. If you don't like it don't fight it simple

You're entitled to this opinion, however, the server is flooded with it now so you can't really just avoid it.

3 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Untradable items (for those that aren't supposed to be) were a mistake to begin with, but nerfing / total removal would result in more complications and outrage than you know. This is the only (and the smartest) alternative we can provide at this time. Compromise is necessary in times like this, and if you don't believe this is a problem let's have a fight at edgeville i'll use the best items in game with 0 risk and 2 hit you constantly and let me know if I should be able to do this for free

Remove them from the game and give them some kinda compensation for the items removed would rather see a influx of cash into the server then these fucking untradeables 

It is important to take into account how raids got scaled from 1-2 bags avg to 10-20 bags avg and more bag drops have been implemented via wilderness bag drops and even safe bag drops added to tekton and the recently most famous Kbd. This makes money on average just more obtainable and as money is more obtainable things like sinks should go up in price, the more I think about it it does make sense

+1

• Like 2

Another thing I would like you guys to understand is the amount of character it takes to make a thread like this from an unbiased perspective.

• I'm not sure if some of you guys think that this thread would favor me (or anyone around me), but this is most certainly not the case.
  • I don't think it's a secret that I've worked my ass off for 2 years straight getting all of these items all by myself (with no help from the owners or others), and I even have a from scratch series running...

I have all of these items in-game and i'm willing to show a little bit of humility and care for the server as a whole by allowing higher repair fees..

f9fac01712c5313cd708d755f363cab0.png

• Like 1