Sign in to follow this  
norisk

improved pet fuser

the thought came from looking in trade post and finding that some of the old pets just no one is selling anymore, i also checked out the current fused pet and noticed to the normal player its unobtainable, so i came up with a idea that is best for all players.

the idea is improve the pet fuser from having 1 pet, why not allow people to make multiple different pets, including old ones, this keeps old fused pets in the server not making the mistake runescape did with the phats( in interviews they admitted they regret and never expected to happen, reason in osrs they flooded eco with rares and made sure they wont ever become what rs3 phats turned into), also makes the achievement fuser 3 more accessible, for example the current fused pet is mythic jad pet,  (tzfrozt-jad pet and mythic dragon pet combine) how is a normal player meant to get there hands on two mythic dragon pets?, i know the answer people going to say and that's, oh just buy from other people, however no one is selling them as always when its needed for a fuse, also I'm sure only mythic donators can get these pets, its hard enough trying to get the pets needed for the fused best of times, to a normal player this achievement is simply, unachievable.

i know some people who have few of the old pets u cant get anymore will be mad, however i think overall this will be a positive thing overall, this makes every normal pet Yoshi, genie ect have more of a purpose then just one effect, taking the mass flood of these pets out of eco, (more can be put back in due to epic pet boxes so they will never go dry) 

just a idea i had.

Wouldn't this just flood the eco with fuse pets then with all the rich peeps having like 10 yoshis and 20 fairies and whatnot? Just a thought , I'm pretty slow

I've had similar thoughts but without it being free. 

What if we had a "ticket" or purchasable item of some sort, that you can purchase from the donator store (or where ever it is fitting) that allows you to cycle to an old pet fuse. The ticket could be either random, or you select which one, OR have a ticket that is much cheaper that gives a random pet fuse, as well as a ticket that you can select which fuse gets brought back. (For a 1 time use of course!) 

• Like 1

I'm not so sure if that's a good idea.

If we're trying to avoid power creep (or economy crashes), giving lots of people the ability to have OP pets for either PVP or PVM is probably not the best thing.

I agree that it can be hard getting Fuser 3 done (I haven't done it) but it is meant to be exclusive (and bankrupting), as is the ability of having fused pets.

I just think these pets should remain very very exclusive.

bowflexxx I like your idea, I mean that could work, when I thought about this idea i was not sure how it would be implemented but I feel like the older pets just slowly disappearing from eco or being traded between a select few that maybe it is not a good thing, however I like bowflexxx idea, to add to your idea the ticket could drop from the new wild bosses with a very rare chance  that allows you to fuse a pet (so the player would need the blood diamonds, the pets needed to fuse the pet and the ticket needed in order to fuse one pet per ticket. and this could furthermore be limited to say can do this once a week ect, or giving the player certain time to make a random fused pet when he uses the ticket could be a day timer to make a randomly chosen pet once (better pets rarer then the less op ones) (of course im no coder I can not say what is possible and what is not)

I believe simply giving a player to have a chance to obtain some of the older pets is a positive thing, can also create hype when a player succeeds on obtaining one of these pets for the first type.

secondly I understand people worried it would flood the eco with op pets ect, however currently only the rich are holding onto a lot of these pets like viry fairys, and fused genie pets blood phenixes (not even that old really), you just don't see them going between players, making it very hard for a lot of players not ever experiencing the abilitys of these pets. increasing the value of these pets simply making them, pets to hoard rather then pets that go from player to player being used,

I am not simply suggesting throwing pets out, as already some pets take 200 plus blood diamonds to fuse one pet. with out price of the pets themselves. if anything this would take out some of the aliens and yoshis, minimes that are currently in the game. (that are getting added into the eco daily from epic pet boxes ect, eventually mass flooding the eco, lowering the price, tell the next fused pet idea that would take maybe few out the game.)as most fuses use multiple of these pets.

however I just think it would be nice to see some of the pets you never see going around much. ontop of this, currently  any player in game can spend 50b on a mini me and have a 5% chance to get a 4t pet and that has not effected doppelganger pet at all. all I am suggesting is the possibility of fusing some of the old pets also, allowing fuser3 achievement to become more accessible to all players,  as I believe this would be more player friendly approach. this would also adds a few more of the old pets in game, ie making every pet more obtainable and accessible, as players either, quit, or simply can not play as much as they used to, due to real life, putting there time in there career or family life ect, or simply be ban, some of the pets will only become more limited as time passes. 

jimm0 I understand your comment, in my opinion if you got the money I mean you could simply just buy the pet anyway, its not about getting the pets easier its about making some pets more accusable and available, rather then having a pet that one day is in the game but no one has one, also its never easy to fuse a pet, its easier to just buy then not bother with the hassle of getting the pets together to fuse one pet, ie making the current pet keeper just a feature on adding new pets in the game, also you must already have money to fuse any pet that is in the game, infact you can get a doppelganger pet cheaper then some of the requirements you need to fuse some of these pets. (just look at my example above 50b and you can get a 4t pet, yes I am going of the fact u will get it 100% I know its a 5% chance but its an example it is still possible), the staff are smart, they could come out with some creative ways on adding this in the game with out it flooding the eco, but just giving the option for them to be obtainable, i think this would be a positive thing furthermore if anything I mean it could even be added in a way that it could take money out of the eco, with the whole chance thing.

You make a valid point with the 5% arguement... Maybe have the ticket be the product of magic chest? X amount of some item (donator tickets? bloodcore? etc) for the fuser ticket?

• Like 1

I'm still a bit hesitant to be honest, but I get your point. Sure, I don't want these pets to disappear entirely - for example I would always like there to be a few doppelganger pets in game so I could buy one if I'm ever rich enough, but I don't want having a fused pet to be the norm.

If you're thinking about implementing an expensive raffle to get these tickets as per the enchantment, why not just spend the money buying a fused pet from another player?