Hooke V2

Risk Protection - Singles PKing

Should a sort of Risk-Protection be added to singles (20 wild+)?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should a sort of Risk-Protection be added to singles (20 wild+)?

In order to get my opinions across as well as possible, I'll start of with the current state of singles PKing.

As people are well aware, singles PKing has dimmed down to barely nothing, lately I've been trying to PK some more with my friends (and at times successful). But as of late, I've seen a fair few multi-pkers PKing in singles. I'm all for it, but what I'm not all for, is the fact that whenever I (or anybody else for that matter) TB said multi-pker (who is risking), they call their CC to safe them. Ofcourse there's nothing wrong with that, but the thing that bothers me is the fact that 99% of the time the people who come to help look like this:

b78a14485ced2e2586202f41b5ba0c96.png

Or this ... :

ec7bed349a7cc912ddacdba39267a0a5.png

Again, there's nothing wrong with PKing like this at places like EdgeVille, or any multi-PKing spot. But having people hit you whilst risking a few bill when trying to get a fall-in going or PKing in singles at all can be quite frustrating, I think a lot of single PKers can confirm. I think it is time for some sort of risk-protection to be added to preserve singles PKing, and encouraging people to at least risk a certain amount in singles (20+ wild)

Please vote on the poll, and if possible state your reason(s) to why you've voted on your option.

- Hooke V2

• Like 1

Vouch for sure. Retards with those setups u just showed only 1 way and never get banned or jailed for RAGGING.

100% support been saying this for a while now, retarted when you just get a bunch of suiciding multi bots in singles 

6 minutes ago, Morbid said:

100% support been saying this for a while now, retarted when you just get a bunch of suiciding multi bots in singles 

HAHAHA "RETARTED"

I'm currently banned but I'll add in my opinion regardless. I believe this is s great suggestion and should apply to autokeep as well such as cursed void etc. Items ptotected by death pet, shade genie, shadow pet, doppel etc. should not count towards risk either and to avoid people abusing this by keeping such a pet in their inventory and then dropping it, the mechanic should be able to recognize these pets in someones invy and calculate what their risk would be if the pet was to be dropped. I think a minimum of 2b risk without item protection, should be reasonable to attack someone in high risk in deep wild singles. This used to be a big issue on another rsps i used to play and they added exactly this mechanic. However here it's even worse due to the countless over powered setups in the game that can be used with minimal to zero risk.

11 minutes ago, congomen69 said:

I think a minimum of 2b risk without item protection, should be reasonable to attack someone in high risk in deep wild singles. This used to be a big issue on another rsps i used to play and they added exactly this mechanic.

4 hours ago, Hooke V2 said:

As people are well aware, singles PKing has dimmed down to barely nothing, lately I've been trying to PK some more with my friends (and at times successful). But as of late, I've seen a fair few multi-pkers PKing in singles. I'm all for it, but what I'm not all for, is the fact that whenever I (or anybody else for that matter) TB said multi-pker (who is risking), they call their CC to safe them. Ofcourse there's nothing wrong with that, but the thing that bothers me is the fact that 99% of the time the people who come to help look like this:

+1 To risk protection, overall nothing negative about it. Also we should implement a threshold I think or a bracket of some sort, so if you're risking like 50b+ u gotta be risking atleast 10-20% of what they're risking to attack them. Or just have it so if you're risking above 5b+ U can attack the Riskers too. Either one works, and I'd love for this to be added so we don't have these multi cursed voiders bolting us off kills. 

1 hour ago, Phenomenon said:

Neutral.

Bitch, this is one of the best suggestion so far.

Lets be honest, you hate it too when non riskers randomly dbow poke you at deep wilderness stopping you from hitting riskers and what not. 

OT; I'd say this would be the best update on spk history, if they add the osrs magic cape t effect on a newer version of the mage arena 2 capes. (Enchant it or something. 35% rates to be succesful)

Sometimes, people want to solo pk, see riskers but can't use a tber account and a focusser since multilogging in wilderness is bannable, so wjy not adding this feature.

My personal suggestion (i voted yes btw)

> players cant pj someone in combat -> as long as 1 person attacks another he cannot be attacked by someone else. 20+ wild only cuz raggers in edge would abuse this hard

> Have like a 15-30 second protection timer after a kill so that u dont get instantly pjed after a kill especially with multi clans etc (could add the additional rule of not being able to log out during said seconds)

Those would be my 2 rules id love to see implemented HOWEVER with conditions such as equal risk is neccesary. Meaning someone with bills when u risk bills can pj u, but not someone in absolute rags etc.

Edited by metal justin

48 minutes ago, metal justin said:

> players cant pj someone in combat -> as long as 1 person attacks another he cannot be attacked by someone else. 20+ wild only cuz raggers in edge would abuse this hard

This would ruin the single scene as it would be too easy to escape a fallin then, u can just hit the person on you while you run and nobody else will be able to hit you to trade specs etc.

17 hours ago, cp1337 said:

Bitch, this is one of the best suggestion so far.

Lets be honest, you hate it too when non riskers randomly dbow poke you at deep wilderness stopping you from hitting riskers and what not. 

OT; I'd say this would be the best update on spk history, if they add the osrs magic cape t effect on a newer version of the mage arena 2 capes. (Enchant it or something. 35% rates to be succesful)

Sometimes, people want to solo pk, see riskers but can't use a tber account and a focusser since multilogging in wilderness is bannable, so wjy not adding this feature.

Yeah I'd like it but I want to see a few more clarifications on it obviously like ...

• If you are in high risk and have risk protection enabled, you need to be able to attack whoever you want freely and if you attack that person they can then attack you (this is how it works on other servers).
  • The reason being is because I have a blacklist command and sometimes when I misclick on someone I have blacklisted, I can't attack them (which is obviously good, prevents abuse) but it's basically the same system and I can see risk-protection having many bugs If not done correctly.

In addition to this, I'm also thinking how this would work If I'm a tribrid / hybrid going deep wilderness and I attack someone in max but i'm in basics such as this:

9cb74b8bd3338b98750b6c426584ca97.png

I want to be able to attack that person still, I think it would be better to add a system that recognizes hybrids / tribrids like DT has.

Either way, It shouldn't be much of a problem as my risk is still classified as "HIGH".

8 hours ago, congomen69 said:

This would ruin the single scene as it would be too easy to escape a fallin then, u can just hit the person on you while you run and nobody else will be able to hit you to trade specs etc.

^

SpawnPK is the name of the game and this suggestion defeats the object of what the game is meant to be.

You should be able to log in with a fresh account and be able to spawn items and pk without any limitations.

Any player should be able to attack anyone in the wild regardless of risk.

A big -1 for me!

• Like 1

There needs to be a limitation. Instead of saying "risk" going from what you consider your risk to be.
Code it in a way that it recognises "guaranteed" risk instead of "potential" risk.

I.E Pker 1 risks DHL when skulled, but uses protect item to protect it, but will lose full vesta, primordial's & Frost whip if he dies
However, Pker 2 risks DHL when skulled, but uses death pet to protect it, & his protect item keeps the Frost Tent he is using, but will lose full vesta & primordial's if he dies.

The code could recognise Pker 1 as risking more than Pker 2. If you then add "minimum" risk to engage, this could be how it goes.

I don't know how this could be implemented, but it's a start.

Edited by Siro888

Dt was a server that I saw had a good system in place but there system runs on everything is worth some kinda blood money. Would  be difficult to mimic a system simlair on a server like spawnpk

No thanks. Just another way for rich people to ruin the experience of poorer people. Imagine going wildy and complaining about being attacked LOL.

No support- would kill the singles scene even further by preventing people from fighting in the first place.

Sure, just ruin the basic fundamentals of PKing. Add sailing while you're at it.

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Lammie said:

Sure, just ruin the basic fundamentals of PKing. Add sailing while you're at it.

Completely missing the point here bud

Nah. I wouldn't like it. -1

Reason: I cannot save my friends then in wildy who are being one-shot by high risk dudes. I want to suicide to let them run away safely.

Edited by SmileyBoy