Ryan

[April 8th, 2019] Easter event expansion & Patch notes

Content updates:

• Easter event expansion
    • New wilderness demi-boss: Big chungus
      • This giant bunny will spawn every three hours at the black chinchompa hill
        • A horde of 5-6 chocowyrms will also appear around big chungus upon his appearence
      • Although in single-zone wilderness, all players can attack it, and all participants will receive loot
      • Big chungus will throw bunny spirits at all players within its vicinity, be sure to move out of the way so they don't explode on you!
      • Speak with the easter bunny in the Easterwyrm lair if you want to see exactly when it will appear
        • The easter bunny is also now found near the black chinchompa hill teleport spot
    • New event chest item: Easter hand cannon
      • This hand cannon has similar stats to the Barrelchest hand cannon, but has a chance to fire a weaker second shot!
      • The double shot chance is even higher if you have swift or enchanted gloves equipped
    • Easter egg weapon charges
      • Imbued easter egg weapons now have a special attack: Overdrive
        • Costs an easter egg weapon charge an 10% special
        • Puts your imbued easter weapon into "overdrive" for 30 seconds
        • When in overdrive, the weapon will attack easter monsters over 2x faster!
      • Weapon charges are now stackable!
    • Reduced the hitpoints of chocowyrms
    • Eggshell armors are now autokeep (but still tradeable)
  • PvP hotspots
    • New hotspot: Revenant caves
      • Earn +25% blood money from PKs within the cave
      • Receive 2x cash from the emblem trader
      • 10% chance for 2x emblems and ether! (stacks with amulet of avarice (i), etc.)
    • The mage arena hotspot will now count for kills at mage bank and the arena's outer vicinity/region
    • The blood hydra hotspot is now fixed to 60 minutes only
  • Black chinchompas
    • Sigli the Huntsman
      • Further up north at the black chinchompa hill, you can speak with this NPC to exchange chinchompas for rewards!
        • 10 black chins can be exchanged for 1x 100M cash bag
        • 250 black chins can be exchanged for 1x Treasure casket
    • You can now quick-teleport to the black chinchompa hill by typing ::chins
    • Slightly improved the accuracy and damage formula
  • Bloodcore system (blood synthesis)
    • The elderblood ring's effect should now apply for all blood slayer weapons
    • The following items can now be synthesized:
      • Divine spirit shield: 250 tokens
      • Scythe of vitur: 1,200 tokens
      • Ghrazi rapier: 1,200 tokens
      • Zaryte bow: 650 tokens
      • Infernal death pet: 4,000 tokens
  • Looting bag
    • You can now right-click "Configure" your looting bag to open/close it!
    • When opened, items that you pickup in the wilderness will automatically enter your looting bag
  • Guardian boots
    • Mythical tekton now has a very rare chance to drop guardian boots
    • Reduced the strength bonus by -1
  • Skotizo pet
    • The skotizo pet effect will now also apply on spellcast splashes (as it was intended to)
    • The skotizo pet effect will now apply on experience/hit drop rather than hitsplat
  • EdgePvP
    • Dark and light infinity are no longer restricted at EdgePvP
  • Granite maul (or)
    • Increased special attack accuracy to +10%

Bug fixes:

• Fixed a bug allowing you to claim achievements during a world tournament
  • Fixed moving/dragging placeholders in your bank
  • Fixed issue with grand promo halos having a inherent level 55 defence requirement
  • Fixed a bug with the map not always properly loading at ::edgepvp
  • Fixed vanguard (CoX) pathing, they will now continue walking toward their target when engaged in combat
  • Fixed olm's spinner's pathing (it should continue pacing back and forth rather than engaging/following players)
  • Fixed olm's spinner attacking you even after it's dying or at 0 hitpoints
    • This also goes for other PvM-related combat. CoX bosses in particular should no longer register hits if they're dead/dying
  • Fixed a bug that cancels your attack when targets of your multicast/barrage spells die
    • This was particularly an issue when fighting Vespula's portal (CoX) and the abyssal creatures die
  • Fixed complications with Tekton when trying to mine the rocks
    • His ranged attack will no longer activate during this phase until we can fully correct the pathing mechanic's
  • Fixed missing anti-fire recognition when fighting Great Olm (CoX)
  • Fixed using bones on PoH altars
  • Fixed picking up items that are right next to you while frozen
  • Fixed killcount recognition for Tekton variants (mythic, blood, etc.) on the "Epic Bossing" achievement
  • Fixed decimal value blood money rewards via chat box messages
  • Fixed enchanted book's tradability (should've been untradeable)
  • Fixed the dragon claw (or) damage cap to 84 (instead of 88)
  • Fixed egg-blaster's one-handed equipping
  • Fixed a typo with mith gloves item name being "mithiril" rather than "mithril"
  • Fixed a typo of the event's end date on the login welcome screen
  • Fixed an issue with our engine that occasionally caused (connection/ping based) lag spikes
  • Fixed all improper or missing item icons in the loadout panel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

#1 UPDATE BIG CHUNGUS L000L

Overall another nice update!

Edited by Brutal Pker1

The following items can now be synthesized:

• Divine spirit shield: 250 tokens
  • Scythe of vitur: 1,200 tokens
  • Ghrazi rapier: 1,200 tokens
  • Zaryte bow: 650 tokens
  • Infernal death pet: 4,000 tokens

Oh yes! Divine, scythe, ghrazi, zbow sinks! = Blood diamond higher = eco better. Good one.

Thanks for implementing one of my suggestions.

It would be great if you could fix obsidian weaponry so that the berserker necklace's damage buff applies to them, too. Stackable with obsidian, as per OSRS, too would be great, especially to give those in spawnables a more varied array of weapons to use.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Jimm0 said:

Thanks for implementing one of my suggestions.

It would be great if you could fix obsidian weaponry so that the berserker necklace's damage buff applies to them, too. Stackable with obsidian, as per OSRS, too would be great, especially to give those in spawnables a more varied array of weapons to use.

Cheers

I want to say this is being held out because this would be insanely overpowered. It's pretty extreme to compare SPK to OSRS, especially when talking about items. Here we have custom autokept and buffed stat items/weapons compared to SPK. For example cursed obsidian would be superior to regular obsidian osrs has. It doesn't stop there, as there is much more customs to cover.

Examples:

• Items:
    • Berserker necklace -> enchanted gloves/boots -> torture(or) -> infernal cape 
  • Pets:
    • Blood berserker(or any str boosting pet) that boosts damage by 10%
    • Easterwyrm that increases melee accuracy by ridiculous amounts
  • Perks
    • Vampiric perks(Vampiric damage) that boosts damage by 5%

I think with full on max str and SPAWNABLE weapons would make this very OP. I'd support this if obby weapons were not spawnable and had some eco, but this is essentially paving the way for insane hard hitting weapons with autokept gear. Sure this is diversity but there's no denying this would be the freest adjustment to edgepking for any wealthy player. You say "spawnables" but in reality regular obsidian isn't spawnable, and it isn't cheap for "new players".

Lot's of contradictory statements here and I see a "give me something OP I can benefit form because i'm rich" suggestion hiding behind a "make spawnables more viable"

not a bad update overall. Did you look into the olm pet? As i see nothing mentioned about it. Does it work as intended?

With the new dragonfire update inside raids i believe everyone can use curses now as long as they bring an antifire and mage prot, have a fused slay or anything else that prots fire? Just hope @Ryan is aware of how awfully easy raids are with curses (i did a master raid solo with 0 food in my inv and 0 looted from drops you can see the video on discord).

nice addition to the event, fun to see some expansions there.

Hope to see more raid improvements soon!

6 hours ago, Kellatha said:

I want to say this is being held out because this would be insanely overpowered. It's pretty extreme to compare SPK to OSRS, especially when talking about items. Here we have custom autokept and buffed stat items/weapons compared to SPK. For example cursed obsidian would be superior to regular obsidian osrs has. It doesn't stop there, as there is much more customs to cover.

Examples:

• Items:
  • Pets:
  • Perks

I think with full on max str and SPAWNABLE weapons would make this very OP. I'd support this if obby weapons were not spawnable and had some eco, but this is essentially paving the way for insane hard hitting weapons with autokept gear. Sure this is diversity but there's no denying this would be the freest adjustment to edgepking for any wealthy player. You say "spawnables" but in reality regular obsidian isn't spawnable, and it isn't cheap for "new players".

Lot's of contradictory statements here and I see a "give me something OP I can benefit form because i'm rich" suggestion hiding behind a "make spawnables more viable"

Yeah the obby armour effects with berserker necklace are gonna be too op 

Im not sure if I should cringe or applaud at the chungus meme. But I saw alot of fixes so, nice

On 4/9/2019 at 8:52 AM, Kellatha said:

Examples:

• Items:
  • Pets:
  • Perks

Sorry, but you're talking rubbish. What this would enable is more variety for ALL pkers - pures, spawnables (they aren't limited to just whip-dds pking), rich people.

Bear in mind that for 100m or so a new player can have an AGS - an accurate spec weapon that enables them to hit up to 80. A obsidian sword isn't going to do anything so damaging, especially with such a low accuracy bonus (made lower by the berserker necklace).

If you're suggesting this shouldn't be included because it'd help rich players as well as poorer players, that's a pretty weak argument. If anything, that would make a welcome addition from newer players, who don't benefit from (for example) mythic donator rank benefits in updates that we see relatively regularly.

24 minutes ago, Jimm0 said:

Sorry, but you're talking rubbish. What this would enable is more variety for ALL pkers - pures, spawnables (they aren't limited to just whip-dds pking), rich people.

Bear in mind that for 100m or so a new player can have an AGS - an accurate spec weapon that enables them to hit up to 80. A obsidian sword isn't going to do anything so damaging, especially with such a low accuracy bonus (made lower by the berserker necklace).

If you're suggesting this shouldn't be included because it'd help rich players as well as poorer players, that's a pretty weak argument. If anything, that would make a welcome addition from newer players, who don't benefit from (for example) mythic donator rank benefits in updates that we see relatively regularly.

I agree with most of what you said man but I think you have to take this into consideration;

Full obsidian set effect = 10% more accuracy and damage

Berserker necklace effect = 20% more damage

Blood Berserker pet = 10% more damage

Blood perk that grants you 5% damage (vampiric damage or w/e)

Pretty sure you’ll be able to hit 75’s in that

But after all, if Ryan decides it’s not too op, he might change it so yeah

3 hours ago, _Jorik_ said:

I agree with most of what you said man but I think you have to take this into consideration;

Full obsidian set effect = 10% more accuracy and damage

Berserker necklace effect = 20% more damage

Blood Berserker pet = 10% more damage

Blood perk that grants you 5% damage (vampiric damage or w/e)

Pretty sure you’ll be able to hit 75’s in that

But after all, if Ryan decides it’s not too op, he might change it so yeah

75s with what? As far as I'm aware these effects already work with the obby maul - the max isn't that high

The only change I'm asking for is the same effects to work with the lesser powered obsidian weapons - i.e. the knife, sword etc.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

75s with what? As far as I'm aware these effects already work with the obby maul - the max isn't that high

The only change I'm asking for is the same effects to work with the lesser powered obsidian weapons - i.e. the knife, sword etc.

Depends what the max hit with the obby maul is without all the effects (probably high because of the high str bonus you can obtain on here + the 45% damage afterwards.  

Even if ryan adds those things, the obby set with obsidian items are rarely used as far as I know.

6 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

I've seen 60s with obby maul already, in tevin's videos. Cant remember if it was a 63 or a 68, but definitely in the 60's. Not sure how old that video is, but i'm sure with what we have now it'll only make that number even higher. Again and i'll stress it a hundred times over, the problem with this is that the obsidian weapons will ARE SPAWNABLE. I wouldn't say anything if they weren't, but yes, if this does get added it will heavily favor rich players making it even further p2w. Obby sword max is what, 52 on osrs? With a pet another 10% + vamp damage 5% + custom infernal +custom ferocious gloves = 62/63(depending on if ferocious gloves give a +1) every 4 ticks(same as whip) so this is essentially a longsword with whip speed.

Need I say more?

1 hour ago, _Jorik_ said:

Depends what the max hit with the obby maul is without all the effects (probably high because of the high str bonus you can obtain on here + the 45% damage afterwards.  

Even if ryan adds those things, the obby set with obsidian items are rarely used as far as I know.

Precisely but I don't think he gets it. I don't have the raw numbers on obby maul like obby sword, and im sure obby staff/mace(might even be better than a rapier), obby rings are not worth mentioning but obby maul/sword are going to be dangerous.

13 hours ago, Kellatha said:

I've seen 60s with obby maul already, in tevin's videos. Cant remember if it was a 63 or a 68, but definitely in the 60's. Not sure how old that video is, but i'm sure with what we have now it'll only make that number even higher. Again and i'll stress it a hundred times over, the problem with this is that the obsidian weapons will ARE SPAWNABLE. I wouldn't say anything if they weren't, but yes, if this does get added it will heavily favor rich players making it even further p2w. Obby sword max is what, 52 on osrs? With a pet another 10% + vamp damage 5% + custom infernal +custom ferocious gloves = 62/63(depending on if ferocious gloves give a +1) every 4 ticks(same as whip) so this is essentially a longsword with whip speed.

Need I say more?

Precisely but I don't think he gets it. I don't have the raw numbers on obby maul like obby sword, and im sure obby staff/mace(might even be better than a rapier), obby rings are not worth mentioning but obby maul/sword are going to be dangerous.

Are you not listening? Obby maul ALREADY is affected by berserker necklace and cursed obsidian armour. I'm only asking for the OTHER obsidian weapons to be given the same treatment AS IS IN THE ORIGINAL GAME. I know that they are spawnable - obviously - otherwise I wouldn't be suggesting these in part for those who use SPAWNABLES.

Furthermore the abysmal attack bonuses of the berserker necklaces would make the sword too inaccurate to be anything scary in this game.

Unfortunately Kellatha, just because you think you're right, and you're a moderator somewhere, doesn't instantly make you right.

With you last point - obsidian rings AREN'T affected by berserker necklace or obsidian armour and therefore I am NOT asking for these to be implemented. 

Perhaps you should have a good read through here to get your facts straight:

https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Berserker_necklace 

Thanks,

Jimm0

15 hours ago, _Jorik_ said:

My point is that the berserker necklace and obsidian armour damage buffs already apply to the obsidian maul on SPK. I am only asking for this effect to work with the other obsidian weapons too.

As you put, even though the maul already has these buffs it isn't used much in PVP! Therefore, isn't it fair to say that it ISN'T OP at this point?!

21 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Need I say more?

I'm pretty neutral on the whole damage addition thing, but I must say Jimm0's statement below is actually correct:

7 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

Are you not listening? Obby maul ALREADY is affected by berserker necklace and cursed obsidian armour. I'm only asking for the OTHER obsidian weapons to be given the same treatment AS IS IN THE ORIGINAL GAME. I know that they are spawnable - obviously - otherwise I wouldn't be suggesting these in part for those who use SPAWNABLES.

There should literally be 0 objection to this, Obsidian Maul already has the buffs from the obsidian armor and berserker necklace, and it's pretty strong but the accuracy is still bad. There's no reason why we shouldn't add it to the other obsidian weapons, in fact, that's how its supposed to be according to the custom item's descriptions. It wouldn't be too overpowered at all, even if it is spawnable. The accuracy on ALL obsidian weapons are hot trash @ Level 126, and you rarely ever hit with it anyways so the damage buff wouldn't really be an issue.

Furthermore, Why are we having such a large-scale debate on an update thread? Someone make a discussions post please.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

I'm pretty neutral on the whole damage addition thing, but I must say Jimm0's statement below is actually correct:

There should literally be 0 objection to this, Obsidian Maul already has the buffs from the obsidian armor and berserker necklace, and it's pretty strong but the accuracy is still bad. There's no reason why we shouldn't add it to the other obsidian weapons, in fact, that's how its supposed to be according to the custom item's descriptions. It wouldn't be too overpowered at all, even if it is spawnable. The accuracy on ALL obsidian weapons are hot trash @ Level 126, and you rarely ever hit with it anyways so the damage buff wouldn't really be an issue.

Furthermore, Why are we having such a large-scale debate on an update thread? Someone make a discussions post please.

Someone mentioned that regular obsidian worked and cursed obsidian did not, and i guess since cursed obsidian is a custom. I tried it out a long time ago and that did seem to be the case IIRC. Accuracy might be ban for mains as obsidian isn't meant to be used in main levels and rather on pures/zerkers due to their insane damage. If it's mad accurate on osrs, I can only imagine it's just as broken if not more here. I may not play osrs but I do watch a lot of videos from a lot of different youtubers to know what i'm talking about.

17 hours ago, Jimm0 said:

Furthermore the abysmal attack bonuses of the berserker necklaces would make the sword too inaccurate to be anything scary in this game.

Unfortunately Kellatha, just because you think you're right, and you're a moderator somewhere, doesn't instantly make you right.

With you last point - obsidian rings AREN'T affected by berserker necklace or obsidian armour and therefore I am NOT asking for these to be implemented. 

Perhaps you should have a good read through here to get your facts straight:

https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Berserker_necklace 

I actually went and tested them out and mythic obsidian is under performing than what it should be. Regular and cursed obby seems fine and only works on obby maul, not anything else. I merely mentioned the others to state that none of them were going to be as relevant as the maul and sword, possibly dagger. Only cobby maul works atm compared to the others that should also work with them(rest of the obby melee weapons). Obby maul maxes a 68 on a dummy do i should add another 2 via blood berserker pet(instead of archaic) and 3/4 with vamp damage. 70+5% of 70= 73.5% so obby maul would be hitting 74 as a spawnable weapon. 

You say it has an accuracy debuff but that honestly goes away depending on what pet you use, and especially are custom items like our custom avernic(sword) and infernal cape with mad bonuses everywhere.  Seen maul shred through both pures and voiders, so it'll definitely be interesting to see how it comes into the server.

15 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

Good point. I'll make one now