Phenomenon

Important bug fixes / changes that need to be made towards Event & New items

Looting Bag

• There is no "Open" option on the looting bag, you can only deposit which requires you to have to put the loot into the bag one by one, which can be annoying if you have lots of brews / food in your inventory.
  • Players can use the Open option, which makes every tradeable item picked up go straight into the looting bag whilst in the Wilderness. Once players have looted their desired items, they can use the Close option to have items go into the inventory instead.
  • More information can be found here: https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Looting_bag

Bug Fixes:

• Easter event interface upon logging it shows "Event Expires on: March 17th, 2019" instead of May 1st, 2019. https://gyazo.com/b8d0f762c86858828469a5526d3cb81d
  • Bloodcore ring is intended to work for any item with the word "Blood" in it (at least it should), but it only works on traditional blood perk items and now blood slayer bow thanks to the recent update. Needs to work for all Blood Slayer items, and blood sabre for Pures.
  • Item ID mithril gloves (7458) is titled as "Mithiril Gloves" in the item spawner, minor typo.
  • Players are reportedly getting 13.5 blood money from a player kill, also shown in the chatbox (how do you get half a blood money?)
  • Player doesn't reach forward when attempted to grab a loot while frozen (you shouldn't have to step under the loot if you are right next to it)
  • Dinh's Bulwark running animation bugged when being attacked possibly? (Character slides)
  • Ava's Assembler (and possibly accumulator and other capes) are bugged possibly because of cursed void top / melee platelegs? I'm unsure, but it's making the ava's see-through at certain angles (but not all): https://gyazo.com/8d60304d77eb429efbacbe55c8c6068d

Suggestions:

• Adding all of the grand treasures to PvP Mystery Box (EXTREMELY RARE) was a good implement, but i think there should be a way to obtain Dragon Upgrade Scrolls, and what better way than to continue adding to the new Raids that just came into the game? I propose we add the upgrade scroll to Olmlet's drop table for a 1/10,000 chance. This is an additional way of making money / getting one of the most OP items in the game, so we aren't going to make it anything less than 1/7,500 so i think it should be the base drop rate like it is for PvP / Boxes, others may disagree - But we have to think of balance.
  • Add guardian boots to 2 of the Raids bosses at a considerably rare (but not impossible) drop rate since it's just defensive boots, more need to come into the game.
  • Save things like ancient crossbow, armadyl battlestaff, balmung, and other potential grand treasures for Raids II.
  • The blood serpentine helmet needs to get a serious decrease for magic / range bonuses, and keep melee bonuses as is, if not significantly higher than any other serp in the game. It should be the BEST melee helm (serp) in the game, while Dark Serp needs a buff and should be known as the BEST magic / range serp in game.
  • Add a PvP Hotspot for Rev caves, Not only will it spice up a really big area that is presumably dead (other than skotizo / rev PvMers who are essentially safe), but I'm sure some crazy incentives for the hotspot can revolve around Emblems, Ether, and the Amulet Of Avarice / Avarice (i). Some thoughts are maybe Emblem trade-ins would be worth twice the amount during hotspot time, so players will try to hoard their emblems until hotspot times and then attempt to trade them in (they will have to worry about PKing), this could make players risk a bit. Another thought is that you have a 10% chance for x2 emblems during hotspot time (stackable with fortune genie), and maybe x2 ether, etc. The possibilities are endless.
  • Buff the granite maul (or)'s accuracy from the BH store to +10%, i'm not the only person who has suggested this.

Please add more things to the Easter Event while it's still fresh (early), to incentivize players to want to go hunting in the wilderness. The reason why the mage bank event was so successful (during the mystic dragon at least) was because the boss was in the wilderness. Should make a giant easter bunny spawn at chinchompa hill every 3 hours or something to drop mystery boxes, and other good items. Buff the chocowyrms / Nerf HP & Def of chocowyrms possibly.

Review the formula of black chinchompas both in single-zone combat and in multi-zone combat and buff accordingly so they are one of the strongest weapons for range in game (with the exception of crossbows, and dragon knives - They should fall somewhere under those), we need to make it good so chinchompa hill is actually worth doing - They either need to be hella strong for a PvP server, or you should be able to sell them to the hunting expert for cash. The main reason why people do it on 07 is because it's extremely good money. Also need to add command ::chins, since it's not directly south of skotizo cave.

Need to add chinchompa hill to skilling teleports as well, needs a wilderness disclaimer.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Phenomenon said:

Looting Bag

• There is no "Open" option on the looting bag, you can only deposit which requires you to have to put the loot into the bag one by one, which can be annoying if you have lots of brews / food in your inventory.
  • Players can use the Open option, which makes every tradeable item picked up go straight into the looting bag whilst in the Wilderness. Once players have looted their desired items, they can use the Close option to have items go into the inventory instead.
  • More information can be found here: https://oldschoolrunescape.fandom.com/wiki/Looting_bag
  • Also please make lots of the wilderness monsters drop looting bags as a very common drop (1/50 or something): Brutal Dragons, Crazy Arch, Vetion, Kraken

full support. this is how it should be... Even small monsters like chaos druids drop it quick as hell in osrs. And its far less useful on here with yoshi being a thing

2 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Bug Fixes:

• Easter event interface upon logging it shows "Event Expires on: March 17th, 2019" instead of May 1st, 2019. https://gyazo.com/b8d0f762c86858828469a5526d3cb81d
  • Bloodcore ring is intended to work for any item with the word "Blood" in it (at least it should), but it only works on traditional blood perk items and now blood slayer bow thanks to the recent update. Needs to work for all Blood Slayer items, and blood sabre for Pures.
  • Item ID mithril gloves (7458) is titled as "Mithiril Gloves" in the item spawner, minor typo.
  • Players are reportedly getting 13.5 blood money from a player kill, also shown in the chatbox (how do you get half a blood money?)
  • Player doesn't reach forward when attempted to grab a loot while frozen (you shouldn't have to step under the loot if you are right next to it)
  • Dinh's Bulwark running animation bugged when attacking possibly? (Character slides)
  • Ava's Assembler (and possibly accumulator and other capes) are bugged possibly because of cursed void top / melee platelegs? I'm unsure, but it's making the ava's see-through at certain angles (but not all): https://gyazo.com/8d60304d77eb429efbacbe55c8c6068d

To add to these;

Anti fire from: Wyvern shield, fusion helmet and variants and protect from magic while on the CURSE prayers, do not work at olm.

3 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Suggestions:

• Adding all of the grand treasures to PvP Mystery Box (EXTREMELY RARE) was a good implement, but i think there should be a way to obtain Dragon Upgrade Scrolls, and what better way than to continue adding to the new Raids that just came into the game? I propose we add the upgrade scroll to Olmlet's drop table for a 1/10,000 chance. This is an additional way of making money / getting one of the most OP items in the game, so we aren't going to make it anything less than 1/7,500 so i think it should be the base drop rate like it is for PvP / Boxes, others may disagree - But we have to think of balance.

I can support this but 1/10000 is ridiculous lol. I mean current raid rates are already INSANELY shit when it comes to rares. Even if you say 1/7500. Thats around a chance of 1 in about 1875 HOURS of raiding dude. And thats on a decent setup too! Almost no one is getting (good) raid drops. PvP boxes don't seem to have a reasonable rate for treasures as far as I can tell either. In my opinion, you could just scale the current pvp boxes treasures where theres a slightly higher chance to get guardian boots f.e but far more rare to get the big ticket things like armadyl battle staff.

Dragon scroll doesn't seem good enough, in my opinion, to have such an insanely low drop rate. Not worth. I'll +1 to adding them to raids but holy shit please nerf those rates.

7 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Add guardian boots to 2 of the Raids bosses at a considerably rare (but not impossible) drop rate since it's just defensive boots, more need to come into the game.

+1 on adding em to something like vanguards but you're wrong about defensive boots. So i'd say make them like 1/750 on some boss (same as tekton dropping an emaul).

While on the subject, in my opinion ancestral could be lowered from 1/2500 from vasa. Considering the Emaul price and it being 1/750 from tekton, 1/2500 is a huge jump for a 7-10b difference.

9 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

The blood serpentine helmet needs to get a serious decrease for magic / range bonuses, and keep melee bonuses as is, if not significantly higher than any other serp in the game. It should be the BEST melee helm (serp) in the game, while Dark Serp needs a buff and should be known as the BEST magic / range serp in game.

You know what i think about the blood serp. Needs more than just stats imo. Some effect related to BH would be fitting for a 100mil bounties item.

10 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Add a PvP Hotspot for Rev caves, Not only will it spice up a really big area that is presumably dead (other than skotizo / rev PvMers who are essentially safe), but I'm sure some crazy incentives for the hotspot can revolve around Emblems, Ether, and the Amulet Of Avarice / Avarice (i). Some thoughts are maybe Emblem trade-ins would be worth twice the amount during hotspot time, so players will try to hoard their emblems until hotspot times and then attempt to trade them in (they will have to worry about PKing), this could make players risk a bit. Another thought is that you have a 10% chance for x2 emblems during hotspot time (stackable with fortune genie), and maybe x2 ether, etc. The possibilities are endless.

+1. I also believe it would be better if the pvp hotzone moved every 1-1.5 hours. Right now if it goes to a less populair spot you're stuck with it being there for 3 hours, which kills the incentive of a fast pasing area.

11 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Buff the granite maul (or)'s accuracy from the BH store to +10%, i'm not the only person who has suggested this.

idk about this one. Granite maul is already quite dominant in the game as is, especially for pures. I would +1 to make granite maul or better but somehow not making it viable for pures. Altho that would probally upset some.

12 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Please add more things to the Easter Event while it's still fresh (early), to incentivize players to want to go hunting in the wilderness. The reason why the mage bank event was so successful (during the mystic dragon at least) was because the boss was in the wilderness. Should make a giant easter bunny spawn at chinchompa hill every 3 hours or something to drop mystery boxes, and other good items. Buff the chocowyrms / Nerf HP & Def of chocowyrms possibly.

I have literally 0 incentive to go hunt these things. Haven't killed one since the event started so I'd +1 this.

13 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

Review the formula of black chinchompas both in single-zone combat and in multi-zone combat and buff accordingly so they are one of the strongest weapons for range in game (with the exception of crossbows, and dragon knives - They should fall somewhere under those), we need to make it good so chinchompa hill is actually worth doing - They either need to be hella strong for a PvP server, or you should be able to sell them to the hunting expert for cash. The main reason why people do it on 07 is because it's extremely good money. Also need to add command ::chins, since it's not directly south of skotizo cave.

I believe it should just be strong in it's respective area: hitting multiple enemies at once. It should hit accurate and decently high and really making sure it hits surrounding opponents. Other than that i don't have that much to say about it. Honestly only place I'd use this is at armadyl and we don't even have GWD.

I've seen that cape glitch happen with many different capes as well, although it seems its just a personal client issue nobody else sees what you are seeing. In some cases it can make a persons legs and body entirely invisible which in for instance a NH or Brid fight this can be a serious disadvantage. 

16 minutes ago, metal justin said:

I can support this but 1/10000 is ridiculous lol. I mean current raid rates are already INSANELY shit when it comes to rares. Even if you say 1/7500. Thats around a chance of 1 in about 1875 HOURS of raiding dude. And thats on a decent setup too! Almost no one is getting (good) raid drops. PvP boxes don't seem to have a reasonable rate for treasures as far as I can tell either. In my opinion, you could just scale the current pvp boxes treasures where theres a slightly higher chance to get guardian boots f.e but far more rare to get the big ticket things like armadyl battle staff.

After further consideration of the valid points you made, i agree that 1/10,000 was a bit absurd, and probably stemmed from paranoia as the Dragon Upgrade Scroll is VERY powerful.

I could most certainly live with a 1/5000 drop rate from Olm since you are required to complete the entire raid (if added to other bosses, you could legit just kill it, dip and repeat IF you wanted to), and raids usually take at least 12 minutes (give or take 5) dependent on how good you are at doing them.

The rate isn't really my place to judge, i just want to ensure that:

• It remains somewhat rare / expensive, as it truly is one of the most strongest things in game right now.
  • It doesn't become an epidemic where everyone has it and the game becomes too OP.

I think all will be fine, also ... did you know Dragon Upgrade Scroll disappears on use? While it may be true that people wouldn't really ever toggle this off, it's also true that content creators like you and myself would maybe want to compare certain dragon weapons with and without a dragon upgrade scroll, so i think a toggle would be cool and make you keep the actual scroll in case you ever want to (or need to) sell it. The only big + with it disappearing is that it never re-enters the eco again so it's a double edged sword.

3 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

After further consideration of the valid points you made, i agree that 1/10,000 was a bit absurd, and probably stemmed from paranoia as the Dragon Upgrade Scroll is VERY powerful.

I could most certainly live with a 1/5000 drop rate from Olm since you are required to complete the entire raid (if added to other bosses, you could legit just kill it, dip and repeat IF you wanted to), and raids usually take at least 12 minutes (give or take 5) dependent on how good you are at doing them.

The rate isn't really my place to judge, i just want to ensure that:

• It remains somewhat rare / expensive, as it truly is one of the most strongest things in game right now.
  • It doesn't become an epidemic where everyone has it and the game becomes too OP.

I think all will be fine, also ... did you know Dragon Upgrade Scroll disappears on use? While it may be true that people wouldn't really ever toggle this off, it's also true that content creators like you and myself would maybe want to compare certain dragon weapons with and without a dragon upgrade scroll, so i think a toggle would be cool and make you keep the actual scroll in case you ever want to (or need to) sell it. The only big + with it disappearing is that it never re-enters the eco again so it's a double edged sword.

id +1 a toggle for maybe youtube ranks then. Can't imagine anyone else wanting to turn it off for any other reason than comparisons tbh. Unless its like an ability to take the scroll off to resell it but that just sounds bad

26 minutes ago, metal justin said:

+1 on adding em to something like vanguards but you're wrong about defensive boots. So i'd say make them like 1/750 on some boss (same as tekton dropping an emaul).

While on the subject, in my opinion ancestral could be lowered from 1/2500 from vasa. Considering the Emaul price and it being 1/750 from tekton, 1/2500 is a huge jump for a 7-10b difference.

I agree with both of these statements, and good catch on the contradiction, i actually had no idea the guardian boots were better than primordial (slightly) in terms of offense, super cool!

+1. I also believe it would be better if the pvp hotzone moved every 1-1.5 hours. Right now if it goes to a less populair spot you're stuck with it being there for 3 hours, which kills the incentive of a fast pasing area.

Very important that we address "dead zone" scenarios, if i had to guess i'd say it's blood hydra and maybe mage arena that should be 1 1/2 hours, I think barrelchest, pure zone, and any of the other obvious "hot" spots should stay 3. OH, AND DO WE HAVE A ROGUES CHEST HOTSPOT?! Maybe x2 loot from the chest, better rates at prize key etc? That would be banger for wilderness activity.

idk about this one. Granite maul is already quite dominant in the game as is, especially for pures. I would +1 to make granite maul or better but somehow not making it viable for pures. Altho that would probally upset some.

Good point, gmaul (or) is crazy for pures but not good enough for mains. Don't know if you can really make a solution for this other than to ban gmaul (or) from pures and make people use a normal one which doesn't seem very logical. Maybe if main item bonuses attributed to the granite maul (or) somehow?

Hey also.. I just noticed the guardian boots really aren't going to be worth anything more than 20-30B when they start coming into the economy, what's the point of keeping them rare? I think it would be sick to give them to donator zone tekton, they'll come in REAL QUICK then LOOOL

Loving the feedback and discussions on this thread.

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phenomenon said:

Very important that we address "dead zone" scenarios, if i had to guess i'd say it's blood hydra and maybe mage arena that should be 1 1/2 hours, I think barrelchest, pure zone, and any of the other obvious "hot" spots should stay 3. OH, AND DO WE HAVE A ROGUES CHEST HOTSPOT?! Maybe x2 loot from the chest, better rates at prize key etc? That would be banger for wilderness activity.

Good point, gmaul (or) is crazy for pures but not good enough for mains. Don't know if you can really make a solution for this other than to ban gmaul (or) from pures and make people use a normal one which doesn't seem very logical. Maybe if main item bonuses attributed to the granite maul (or) somehow?

Hey also.. I just noticed the guardian boots really aren't going to be worth anything more than 20-30B when they start coming into the economy, what's the point of keeping them rare? I think it would be sick to give them to donator zone tekton, they'll come in REAL QUICK then LOOOL

i agree with all of this. Granite maul or with more accuraccy definitely would be way too op for pures... Isn't there another way to go about it?

How about an entirely new granite maul addition to the game. Same thing, same effect, bought from the BH store as well BUTTTT

you need atleast 75 defence to wear it. And it should have stats made for mains. Nothing so stupidly strong that it hits 50-50 every single time (obviously) but to the point that it feels very viable to use in combination with other 50%- spec weapons. 

Agree with everything on here. Dragon scroll should absolutely be 1/10000 if added to olm, if not more. 10% accuracy is a shitload of accuracy. The problem adding it to pvm is that you can increase your drop rate.. 80% drop rate bonus and that 1/10k is not really 1/10k anymore...

I disagree with granite maul though, I think a new maul with defence requirements would be better. Gmaul OR is already pretty op in pures.

Some other things.

1. Fix bond prices/donator ticket prices. Fixing these will increase price of many items.
    1. Reduce bond giveaway amounts. For someone getting an item for free, it matters not if the giveaway is $100 bond vs a $20 one, they will still participate. Same for a $30 to $5. They are free after all. Just to check this theory I want ahead and looked at major bondgiveaways vs smaller bond giveaways of SPK youtubers and the amount of replies they get does not seem to correlate to higher bond giveaway amount. 
    2. Remove mchest and re-add a new chest with higher donor ticket cost and new drop table. (Or just increase cost of chest)
    3. Enchantments requiring donor tickets
Edited by Fp Me Noobs

55 minutes ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

Agree with everything on here. Dragon scroll should absolutely be 1/10000 if added to olm, if not more. 10% accuracy is a shitload of accuracy. The problem adding it to pvm is that you can increase your drop rate.. 80% drop rate bonus and that 1/10k is not really 1/10k anymore...

I disagree with granite maul though, I think a new maul with defence requirements would be better. Gmaul OR is already pretty op in pures.

Some other things.

1. Fix bond prices/donator ticket prices. Fixing these will increase price of many items.
    1. Reduce bond giveaway amounts. For someone getting an item for free, it matters not if the giveaway is $100 bond vs a $20 one, they will still participate. Same for a $30 to $5. They are free after all. Just to check this theory I want ahead and looked at major bondgiveaways vs smaller bond giveaways of SPK youtubers and the amount of replies they get does not seem to correlate to higher bond giveaway amount. 
    2. Remove mchest and re-add a new chest with higher donor ticket cost and new drop table. (Or just increase cost of chest)
    3. Enchantments requiring donor tickets

again, 1/10k is ridiculous for raids. Its not a tekton spawn u kill in a mythic zone. You have to go through an entire raid taking approx. 12-15 minutes for a reward. Rares are already stupidly uncommon at this point, 1/10k is insane. You'd see less than 1 scroll a month in total. Raids are already slowly dying off as players realise how unprofitable it is.

3 hours ago, metal justin said:

again, 1/10k is ridiculous for raids. Its not a tekton spawn u kill in a mythic zone. You have to go through an entire raid taking approx. 12-15 minutes for a reward. Rares are already stupidly uncommon at this point, 1/10k is insane. You'd see less than 1 scroll a month in total. Raids are already slowly dying off as players realise how unprofitable it is.

Please don't imply raids are dying when there's so many people doing them. I legit see a yell on yell every 5 mins "LFG" "need duo raid partner" and so on. They were buffed heavily, and now every raid gives you at least 1b, up to 3b and even more on the harder difficulties. IDK about you, but making 5b+ for half an hour is pretty solid. 4 hours of raiding is potentially up to 40b, even higher if you land something good/rare. Point is, you'll never go home empty handed.

We started off on the wrong foot but i'm making sure that people still do raids. All i really see in your suggestions on here thus far is "buff this" "buff that" "give more loot to this" "give more loot to that" to just about every raid monster. I imagine you want the potential to earn like 50b in each room, ontop of the rewards chest? Like I get it, osrs raids are money makers but let's calm down a bit. You're jumping the gun, and we'll talk more when people start to hit harder raids frequently like when everyone's experts and a decent amount are in master+. We're on the right path so far and we're still going to be making tweaks here and there, but don't expect this to me a "i want to make 100b per raid room and 5t from raid chest" raid typa thing.

@PhenomenonSuggestion: add a PVP hotspot for edgepvp? This would encourage hybrids/nhers. However there would need to be some sort of system to prevent people from having a regular melee fight in edgepvp and getting tokens off it, you have to be using either mage/melee or all 3 styles for it to work, not sure if you guys would be interested in coding such a thing.

• Like 1

Edgepvp for hotspot is great idea.

Doesn't matter how many times you kill it, if you can get 50% drop rate that changes it from 1/10k to 1/5k already.

10 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Please don't imply raids are dying when there's so many people doing them. I legit see a yell on yell every 5 mins "LFG" "need duo raid partner" and so on. They were buffed heavily, and now every raid gives you at least 1b, up to 3b and even more on the harder difficulties. IDK about you, but making 5b+ for half an hour is pretty solid. 4 hours of raiding is potentially up to 40b, even higher if you land something good/rare. Point is, you'll never go home empty handed.

We started off on the wrong foot but i'm making sure that people still do raids. All i really see in your suggestions on here thus far is "buff this" "buff that" "give more loot to this" "give more loot to that" to just about every raid monster. I imagine you want the potential to earn like 50b in each room, ontop of the rewards chest? Like I get it, osrs raids are money makers but let's calm down a bit. You're jumping the gun, and we'll talk more when people start to hit harder raids frequently like when everyone's experts and a decent amount are in master+. We're on the right path so far and we're still going to be making tweaks here and there, but don't expect this to me a "i want to make 100b per raid room and 5t from raid chest" raid typa thing.

I love how you completely freak out saying I want "50b in each room on top of the rewards chest" are you seriously that dense?

The loots are still bad, at least rares are. I don't want "insane profits" I want raids to be worth a players fucking time. Stop saying the same thing over and over when I am simply trying to improve the god damn thing.

Ask some players with a high as hell kc, like saltysadface. The player's who've been grinding raids for a long time are doing less and less, thats the point im trying to make. If your bank is 10b then maybe it's worth doing it for you as you'll increase that value quite a bit doing them. However, if you're already efficient and in high end gear, doing them regulary for small 2bs aint cutting it what so ever. You're exponentially blowing things out of proportions as i'm not asking for "TRILLS PER RAID" as you keep repeating. I want it to be worth the time.

I am currently on 110 raids kc. Let's say it took an average of 15 minutes per raid. Yes I can do them faster now but the first 20 or so were much slower still learning them and i've done adepts and experts in between them. So lets do 110 x 15 minutes = 1650 minutes or 27.5 hours.

If i were to get a twisted bow on raid 111 my money/h would go up by a measly 40:27.5= 1.45b per hour. THATS NOT WORTH THE TIME KELLATHA.

ALL im saying is, make the "regular raid rewards" a bit more common. you should be getting one around every 25-30 chests on average, considering you can get a 100m item up to 40b.

As for the raid pets, i can fully understand them being more rare, it makes sense as they are worth quite a hefty amount more than the current items.

You could even scale the god damn items, making the 20b or less items lets say 1/25, the 20-40b items 1/40.

Or you could just remove the raids items from blood diamond store, so that items like the twisted bow are no longer tied to a stuck up down low price of 100 diamonds = 40b, so we could see this item increase in value, making it a more "hype item" to actually get from the chest.

You say all I do is whine and say buff this buff that, but I make very grounded arguements with facts to back them up. How about you actually break down what I just wrote and tell me where I am wrong.

Side note: harder raids are not worth doing at the moment, as the time increases to do them by quite a bit for not much better rewards.

My suggestion for this would be to atleast make adept raids give standard 4 rolls, expert ones 5 rolls, instead of adept being 3 rolls and a small chance for 4, and experts being 4 with a small chance for 5. (i haven't seen a 5 loot chest in the 10~ expert raids i've done, while an expert solo takes 3x the time it takes to do a solo normal raid. You could argue that "duos are faster" but you'd also be splitting or FFA'ing any potential rares, and not everyone likes to do so. Making expert raids 5 items standard instead of 4 is by no means "game breaking" it simply balances the time = reward system.

Edited by metal justin
  • Thanks 1

The argument that it should be more rewarding for people that are already wealthy or have high end gear is not a rational one. That is simply not how anything on rs works. If you think you aren’t making as much money from raids anymore and that its not worthy of your time than you are free to do something else.

Raids are currently best guaranteed money for your time with chances to make same as from other drop based pvming.

7 minutes ago, FP King said:

The argument that it should be more rewarding for people that are already wealthy or have high end gear is not a rational one. That is simply not how anything on rs works. If you think you aren’t making as much money from raids anymore and that its not worthy of your time than you are free to do something else.

Raids are currently best guaranteed money for your time with chances to make same as from other drop based pvming.

thats the dumbest thing i ever heard lol.

Who profit more on osrs; players with max gear n tbow or those with less than 10mil?

Edited by metal justin

3 hours ago, metal justin said:

Who profit more on osrs; players with max gear n tbow or those with less than 10mil?

If you have max gear and a tbow on 07 you would be able to complete raids/PVM while being able to get more kills per hour or by completing raids quicker than people who dont have max gear and a tbow. But just because you are already rich does not mean the ACTUAL REWARD from the Raids chest should be increased so it can significantly add profit to your bank. I don't get your logic.

15 minutes ago, Max Avon said:

If you have max gear and a tbow on 07 you would be able to complete raids/PVM while being able to get more kills per hour or by completing raids quicker than people who dont have max gear and a tbow. But just because you are already rich does not mean the ACTUAL REWARD from the Raids chest should be increased so it can significantly add profit to your bank. I don't get your logic.

no but it should increase for everyone overall. Read the other post properly for reasons why

4 hours ago, metal justin said:

If they are doing raids and if were assuming in this case that player with tbow can do raids than they make the amount from raids.. Player thats rich can just do it faster... same as here... Disappointed, didn’t realize you were this stupid.

13 hours ago, Fp Me Noobs said:

Doesn't matter how many times you kill it, if you can get 50% drop rate that changes it from 1/10k to 1/5k already.

That's not accurate, 100% drop rate would make it 1/5k not 50% but I do understand where you're coming from.

6 hours ago, metal justin said:

Ask some players with a high as hell kc, like saltysadface. The player's who've been grinding raids for a long time are doing less and less, thats the point im trying to make. If your bank is 10b then maybe it's worth doing it for you as you'll increase that value quite a bit doing them. However, if you're already efficient and in high end gear, doing them regulary for small 2bs aint cutting it what so ever. You're exponentially blowing things out of proportions as i'm not asking for "TRILLS PER RAID" as you keep repeating. I want it to be worth the time.

Tbf I never raided for profit, I did raids because I enjoyed running with some friends and having a good time with some new content. I have been doing less raids cause of some shit I've been going through IRL causing me to have less focus and motivation to grind. Personally I think the buff that raids got to its common table was overboard simply cause most the time you get pure cash sure it't not a ton but nothing else gives straight cash like raids does. I think that it important that we look at raids as a money maker not "The money maker". With that being said I do agree with you on the statement that more difficult raids are sadly not worth doing. As far as I know I'm the only person who has solo'ed a 150+ and it's not even funny how long it took and i got 200m (before the buff) but I've been discouraged to retry it even after the buff cause I don't want to be disappointed I've wanted to make a topic on it but like I said Irl stuff kinda getting the better of me. 

I really agree with @Kellatha although her comment was a bit sassy, she has a point we gotta relax a bit the buff raids just got you literally make 10x the profit you would have before if not more each chest. Personally I got 151 KC before the buff and sure I wasn't too happy with my loots but I still did them cause I ENJOYED the content all things will be more rewarding if you do them for the fun of it rather than for the profit. I think anymore buffs should be VERY small buffs such as the stuff @Phenomenon mentioned in the beginning at least until we have some people running grandmaster raids cause that's where the "real money" should be.

Few minor things also.

-Vorkath's mage freeze attack does not currently freeze the player.

-Vengeance does not currently work on wyrm attacks.

-Some players are using the Easter egg cannon with a shield. Not sure how, or why. lol.

- I think this is a bug but not sure? 'doubled drop 50-150' seems like wrong maths to me unless one it is a weird algorithm regarding g ring (i) effect and fortune genie effect. (gyazo below)

https://gyazo.com/5bb67c65b28df95f54bdde414d099175

Suggestions/ideas:

Shift dropping is awesome for items such as pets or junk. Silly me nearly lost a blood pendent in raids other day as i shift dropped it lol, perhaps an 'are you sure' interface could be added when shift dropping an item of value? (5b or 10b+ for instance).  Unfortunately I have lost a Dinh's at home before because of this (noob move I know).

Imbued cape prices took a hit with the recent mage arena event, what about adding a e chest feature using mage arena shards?

Edited by D RY

On 4/1/2019 at 5:44 PM, Phenomenon said:

Bug Fixes:

Oh my god yes please. I've just spent approximately 1.5T on a ring that doesn't give the bonuses that were stated! Argh!

19 minutes ago, D RY said:

- I think this is a bug but not sure? 'doubled drop 50-150' seems like wrong maths to me unless one it is a weird algorithm regarding g ring (i) effect and fortune genie effect. (gyazo below)

https://gyazo.com/5bb67c65b28df95f54bdde414d099175

You get more coins for being in a donor zone not sure the exact way it works but that's the jist of it.

1 minute ago, saltysadface said:

You get more coins for being in a donor zone not sure the exact way it works but that's the jist of it.

ooooh, cool :P