Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

[March 30th, 2019] Easter event, PvP Hotspots, Hunter, and MUCH more!

m2bgyHV.png

Content updates:

• Easter event 2019
    • Chocotrices and chococrabs have been defeated.. But the chocowyrms have appeared!
    • Defeat these easter monsters with 1 of the 3 weapons to choose from when speaking with the Easter bunny at home
      • Egg-beater (melee): Grants strength + hunter experience
      • Egg-sploder (magic): Grants magic + hunter experience
      • Egg-blaster (range): Grants range + hunter experience
    • Chocowyrms can be found roaming in random areas of the wilderness
      • They are indicated on your minimap with a small easter egg icon!
    • Chocowyrms have a chance to drop "Egg weapon charge" scrolls which can be used on your easter weapons
      • Using these upgrades scrolls will progress them further into their imbued form!
      • It takes a total of three upgrades in order for the weapon to become imbued
    • Every four hours a giant "Easter wyrm" will appear in the chocowyrm lair, for the entire server to band together and defeat
      • All players who participate will receive loot from the wyrm's death
      • You can not enter the lair if the easter wyrm has risen, so make sure you stay alive!
      • TIP: The easter bunny will speak out on hints to fighting the wyrm
        • Those who were around for previous holiday events may be familiar with the mechanics!
    • Defeating chocowyrms and easter wyrms will grant you choccy tokens!
      • Choccy tokens is this event's currency, which can be used to roll for a random reward in the Event chest at home
    • [NEW] Enchanted event hunter pieces
      • You can test your luck at the enchantment chest for Enchanted event hunter pieces
      • These pieces grant +2.5% event currency earnings per piece (for all events!)
  • Wilderness hotspots
    • Every 2-3 hours, a random hotspot will be selected for bonus rewards and kill earnings!
    • You can check out the current hotspot by opening up your player information tab
    • Hotspots also give a chance for PKs to give you "hotspot" caskets
      • The more you risk, the higher the casket tier you'll receive!
      • "Blood caskets" (which require "High" risk indicated in your equipment screen) can even give grand treasures!
    • The current possible hotspots are:
      • Edgeville: Earn +25% blood money from PKing
      • Pure zone: +5% chance to earn blood diamonds
      • Mage arena: Earn +50% blood money from PKing
      • Rogue chest: +5% chance for double loot
      • Barrelchest: Earn +25% blood money from PKing and +10% drop rate (wilderness only)
      • Wildywyrm: Earn +25% blood money from PKing and +10% drop rate (wilderness only)
      • Blood hydra: Earn +25% blood money from PKing and +10% drop rate (wilderness only)
  • Graceful sets (Pure PK shop)
    • You can now received colored graceful sets for Pure PK points! Speak with "Grace" at the pure zone to purchase them.
    • Different colors have different stats (for example "green graceful" has ranged bonuses, "purple graceful" magic, etc.)
    • All graceful pieces are autokeep and tradeable (similar to ferocious gloves)
    • Each graceful color set has their own "set effect" that you'll receive when wearing all the pieces
      • Red graceful
        • Set bonus: Kills grant you a +5% chance at receiving blood diamonds (stacks with perks, etc.)
      • Green graceful
        • Set bonus: Grants +2.5% range damage
      • Gold graceful
        • Set bonus: Player kills drop 10,000,000 coins (blood money risk will increase this amount!)
      • Purple graceful
        • Set bonus: Grants +7% magic damage
  • Hunter skill
    • We've finally implemented hunter! You can access the various traning zones by speaking with the Master hunter in the skilling zone
    • With this new addition, the following additions and changes have been made:
      • Red chinchompas are now a fully functional multi-combat ranged weapon!
      • Black chinchompas can be found in their traditional wilderness location
        • Black chinchompas are a superior form of the red chinchompa
      • You are now required to have level 99 hunter for skiller achievements and max capes
  • Raid improvements
    • Greatly improved the common reward table
    • Improved the following raid pets:
      • Olmlet (new perks)
        • Deal +25% damage in the great olm lair
      • Vasa nistirio (new perks)
        • Deal +25% damage in the vasa nistirio lair
        • Grants additional magic damage (similar to the twisted bow's formula) against monsters
      • Vespula pet (new perks)
        • Deal +25% damage in the vespula lair
        • Your venom and poison damage dealt to opponents will heal you
        • Chance for your venom or poison to deal double damage against monsters only
  • Mystical Tekton
    • Donator zones now spawn "Mystical tekton" bosses instead of "Blood tekton"
    • These tektons have a chance to drop stacks of 100M cash bags
    • There is also a very rare chance to receive the new Mystical tekton pet
      • Deals +10% damage against all monsters and bosses
      • Very rare chance for your hit to insta-kill monsters and bosses

Gameplay changes and QoLs:

• Added more undead pker spawns
  • Added amulet of the damned effect for torag's gear (tank effect)
  • Improved the dragon claw special attack formula (buff), including the dragon claws (or)
  • Replaced the "half tb" effect of the mystic dragon with a new perk: 35% chance to entirely ignore magic defence
  • Blood slayer bow now has a +105 range attack bonus (instead of +88)
  • Removed AFK patrol guard from raids

Bug fixes:

• Fixed damage and accuracy issues with protection prayers
  • Fixed the intended +45% god spell damage bonus for Divine hawk pet
  • Fixed animation issues with Great olm's left hand
  • Fixed animation issues with eating and praying at altars
  • Fixed scythe of vitur's double attack on certain parts of Chambers of Xeric
  • Fixed the inventory slot requirement for mining Tekton's crystals
  • Fixed various dragonfire protections for Great olm
  • Fixed ahrim's over-draining of strength
  • Fixed purple sweets from being used in raids
  • Fixed a bug allowing you to wear mystic capes if you no longer have your rank (donator transfers)
  • Fixed the model for "Battle hood 80"

($100 Giveaway): Check out the update analysis video by @Phenomenon

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Fixed animation issues with Great olm's left hand

It's his right hand bro

good update as always

Edited by Doggy

Great update, but I am especially happy with this:

• Replaced the "half tb" effect of the mystic dragon with a new perk: 35% chance to entirely ignore magic defence

Thank you so much! No more full tb's through mage pray 😃

15 minutes ago, congomen69 said:

Great update, but I am especially happy with this:

Thank you so much! No more full tb's through mage pray 😃

You're welcome.

• Like 1

Great update.

Also, and only because I didn't receive an answer on the last update thread, could you please consider/answer the following:

If karamja 3 gloves strength is boosted to 14, shouldn't enchanted gloves also have the same effect added?

- Which blood weapons are damage boosted by the elderblood ring? Blood slayer equipment, or only blood equipment from the blood fountain? Kellatha suggested all dragon weaponry would be damage boosted, but the post indicated otherwise.

Thanks in advance,

Jimm0

1 hour ago, Ryan said:

• The current possible hotspots are:
    • Blood hydra: Earn +25% blood money from PKing and +10% drop rate (wilderness only)
    • Wildywyrm: Earn +25% blood money from PKing and +10% drop rate (wilderness only)
    • Barrelchest: Earn +25% blood money from PKing and +10% drop rate (wilderness only)
    • Rogue chest: +5% chance for double loot
    • Mage arena: Earn +50% blood money from PKing
    • Pure zone: +5% chance to earn blood diamonds
    • Edgeville: Earn +25% blood money from PKing

Does this mean people with 82% drop rate will be able to kill these bosses with 92% droprate?

Also, no new pet fusion? 

Good update though

I am not a happy kind of person... but this... this does put a smile on my face.

Great fucking update much faster than expected. Hella lots of props man

5 hours ago, _Jorik_ said:

Does this mean people with 82% drop rate will be able to kill these bosses with 92% droprate?

Also, no new pet fusion? 

Good update though

Actually, say you have 82%, then you use house portal for 15% then event for 10% = 107% lmao

1 minute ago, king marco said:

Actually, say you have 82%, then you use house portal for 15% then event for 10% = 107% lmao

Drop rate has a cap below 100%. Right?

Just now, Fp Me Noobs said:

Drop rate has a cap below 100%. Right?

I'm not sure actually... would be interested to know this too.

@Ryan How does the event pieces work? Do you need to have them equipped while killing chocowyrms to get the 2.5%? If so, it seems to be always lost on death?

Alright so I want to clarify a few things about raids.

At the moment, fused slayer helm and variations, wyvern shield (and possibly dragonfire ward but who uses that) and protect from magic while on the CURSES prayer book do NOT count as a protection from olm's fire although it should. 

Tekton sometimes doesnt move 1 step closer to get into melee range although it "could". small pathing thing that can hopefully be fixed.

Also would like to suggest for adept raids to give standard 4 items instead of 3, expert to give 5-6 and for others to possibly be highered aswell.

To compare; i solo normal raids in like 10-12 minutes yet a solo expert will take me around 30+. So getting 5-6 rewards instead of 3 seems more reasonable, as i could just do 3 normal raids in that time to get 9 loots.

Additional suggestion; adding the imbued/infernal/twisted heart as a drop from vanguards so they are a bit more useful.

Edited by metal justin
  • Like 1

Excellent update. Finally a pet from Tekton that doesn’t just give additional damage to bosses and monsters. 

Very rare chance to insta kill boss and monster. That’s quite op, make slayer tasks faster too.

Wait what the heck Easter weapons give 17% drop rate? I was watching the vid.

Edited by Pencilbroke

4 hours ago, metal justin said:

Alright so I want to clarify a few things about raids.

At the moment, fused slayer helm and variations, wyvern shield (and possibly dragonfire ward but who uses that) and protect from magic while on the CURSES prayer book do NOT count as a protection from olm's fire although it should. 

Tekton sometimes doesnt move 1 step closer to get into melee range although it "could". small pathing thing that can hopefully be fixed.

Also would like to suggest for adept raids to give standard 4 items instead of 3, expert to give 5-6 and for others to possibly be highered aswell.

To compare; i solo normal raids in like 10-12 minutes yet a solo expert will take me around 30+. So getting 5-6 rewards instead of 3 seems more reasonable, as i could just do 3 normal raids in that time to get 9 loots.

Additional suggestion; adding the imbued/infernal/twisted heart as a drop from vanguards so they are a bit more useful.

I could not agree more.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2019 at 8:38 AM, Jimm0 said:

Great update.

Also, and only because I didn't receive an answer on the last update thread, could you please consider/answer the following:

If karamja 3 gloves strength is boosted to 14, shouldn't enchanted gloves also have the same effect added?

- Which blood weapons are damage boosted by the elderblood ring? Blood slayer equipment, or only blood equipment from the blood fountain? Kellatha suggested all dragon weaponry would be damage boosted, but the post indicated otherwise.

Thanks in advance,

Jimm0

Again, please can I have a response to this?

On 3/30/2019 at 11:59 PM, Ryan said:

• Mystical Tekton
    • Donator zones now spawn "Mystical tekton" bosses instead of "Blood tekton"
    • These tektons have a chance to drop stacks of 100M cash bags
    • There is also a very rare chance to receive the new Mystical tekton pet
      • Deals +10% damage against all monsters and bosses
      • Very rare chance for your hit to insta-kill monsters and bosses

So just keep making tekton more OP so the afk PVM irl donators can be happy