Kellatha

Xeric Weapons, Xerican Armor, and Raid Pet changes!

Possible raid items for Chambers of Xeric, along with proposed changes to pets.

As mentioned before by me via https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/18148-blood-tekton-raids-improvement/&do=findComment&comment=70038 (This is not finalized)

I. Raid Weapons:

Ranged Weapons

• Xerican Bow: (Main Idea)Identical model to craw's bow but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme. 
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo Bow) would be present
      • Basic attack same as 'Skotizo Bow'
      • Special attack same as 'Skotizo Bow' (same special attack as 3rd age bow)
        • Would only work in raids

OR

• Xerican Bow: (Yes same name, secondary idea) Identical model to twisted bow but will be recolored with green aesthetics and possibly particles to match the "xeric" theme. Can use a "Xeric Crystal" to upgrade a regular twisted bow into a 'Xerican Bow'
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo Bow) would be present

Melee Weapons

• Xerican Chainmace: (Main Idea) Identical model to viggora's chainmace but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme. Can be obtained by the rewards chest in it's form 'Xerican chainmace' without needing to use a crystal on anything.
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo chainmace) would be present
      • Basic attacks will be crush, which is good all over raids pertaining to Tekton/Vasa's crystals.
      • Special attacks will be same as the 'Skotizo Chainmance', 25% per spec and reduce enemy defense level like SWH.

OR

• Xerican Spear: (Secondary Idea) Identical model to 'Zamorak Spear' but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme. Can be obtained by the rewards chest in it's form 'Xerican Spear' without needing to use a crystal on anything.
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like the melee skotizo weapon 'Skotizo Chainmace' would be present
      • Basic attacks can be stab/slash/crush, like 'Kharazi Spear'
      • Special attacks can be the same as VLS. Uncapped, and cost 25% per spec(20% per spec if vigour is present)

Mage Weapons

• Xerican Sceptre: (Main Idea)Identical model to thammaron's sceptre but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme . Can be obtained by the rewards chest in it's form 'Xerican Sceptre' without needing to use a crystal on anything.
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo Sceptre) would be present
      • Doesn't need a built in spell
      • Special attack can be a custom spell like 'Elemental Staff' but extremely buffed so the special attack can hit 150-200 damage per spec.

OR

• Xerican Wand: (Secondary Idea) Identical model to kodai but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme. Can use a "Xeric Crystal" to upgrade a regular kodai into a 'Xerican Wand'
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts to 'Skotizo Sceptre' in raids.
      • Doesn't need a special attack

II. Raid Offhands:

Magic offhands

• Blood Tome: (Main Idea) Identical models used for Tome of fire(i)/Tome of frost(i), this tome will have a aesthetic look to it, as do the other imbued tomes. Obtained from a reward from raids and dropped as a "Blood Tome" without needing to use a "Xeric Crystal" to upgrade it.
    • Provides a +50% damage boost to Blood Spells, and improves the healing from blood spells from 25% to 40%
      • Book is not autokept, and will offer identical stats to the other imbued tomes (+25 attack bonus)
  • Blood Spirit Shield: (Secondary Idea) Identical model used for spirit shields, (perferably the Spectral) be recolored and matched to the "Blood" theme and turn into a red looking spectral shield(Blood Spirit Shield). Compared to Blood tome, it will be identical in every aspect, it's just a different form instead of it being a tome it will be a spirit shield form.

III. Raid Armors:

Ranged Armor Set

• Xerican Cowl: Hybrid cowl of both pernix and kharazi, sporting a "Xeric" themed recolorization turning the pernix model into green pernix. Obtained from using a "Xeric Crystal" to transform a 'Pernix Cowl' into a 'Xerican Cowl'
    • Perks will consist of Bonus HP of +5, +6 range strength.
    • Stats will be identical to pernix cowl, with the added range strength bonus
      • Item is not autokept
  • Xerican Body: Hybrid body of both pernix and kharazi, sporting a "Xeric" themed recolorization turning the pernix model into green pernix. Obtained from using a "Xeric Crystal" to transform a 'Pernix body' into a 'Xerican body'
    • Perks will consist of bonus HP of +20, +6 range strength
    • Stats will be identical to pernix body, with the added range strength bonus
      • Item is not autokept
  • Xerican Chaps: Hybrid chaps of both pernix and kharazi, sporting a "Xeric" themed recolorization turning the pernix model into green pernix. Obtained from using a "Xeric Crystal" to transform a 'Pernix Cowl' into a 'Xerican Cowl'
    • Perks will consist of bonus HP of +10, +6 range strength
    • Stats will be identical to pernix chaps, with the added range strength bonus
      • Item is not autokept

IV. Raid Pet Modifications: Would like to highlight this part by mentioning that all pets be given a +25% damage bonus when being used on its raid room.

Raid Pets

• Current Vespula Pet: Grants immunity to venom, poison, and hydra's disease.
    • Additional effects: Grants the user +25% damage whilst in the Vespula lair. 
    1. Heal from the venom/poison/hydra disease damage you deal
    2. Venom you give to NPC's have a 35% chance of doubling. (Example: A 20 venom stack has a 35% to deal double damage (up to a 40) NOTE: Venom double will only apply in PvM
  • Current Vasa Nisitrio Pet: Keeps magic level boosted by +10, grants +5 max hit to spells you cast
    • Additional effects: Grants the user +25% damage whilst in the Vasa Nisitrio lair
    1. 'Magic Overload': Grants the user additional magic damage for your spells based on your targets magic level. Identical to the twisted bow's formula.
  • Current Olmlet Pet: Grants immunity to all dragonfire damage, and also increases all fire based attacks max hits by +5.
    • Additional effects: Grants the user +25% damage whilst in the Olmlet lair
    1. 35% chance for all incoming fire damage dealt to the user will heal them instead(75% in PvM, 25% in PvP) 
    2. Grant an additional damage to dragon NPC's by 20%
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

I. Raid Weapons:

I think adding weapons specific to raid zones is a really good idea to help some of these items move in the economy, it's a really rewarding incentive to do the raids to be able to do them even faster as you obtain the relics. my personal favorites are the tbow, spear, and wand options, I really wish there was something that could be done to make elder effective in this way but I just cant think of a way to make it work.

28 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

II. Raid Offhands

I really like the idea of the Spirit shield over the tome maybe offering little less offensives stats but a bit more defensive stats (would be more helpful in higher difficulty raids to have more defense I think) but either way I think this is pushing more towards mage becoming a viable option for some aspects of pvm which is a huge +1 from me

32 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

III. Raid Armors:

Dibs on first cowl in game. 
The idea of adding some new range armor is great I think that while Range is overpowered on spk we haven't seen many new pieces of gear pertaining to range. Only thing that makes me nervous is that range is already so OP in raids I would hate to see people completely ignore bringing melee and mage gear cause they can clear using only range just as fast.

35 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

IV. Raid Pet Modifications: Would like to highlight this part by mentioning that all pets be given a +25% damage bonus when being used on its raid room.

I think these suggestions are a step in the right direction as these pets are rather lackluster for their rarity currently, but idk if they necessarily need this much of a buff. For instance I would assume with the vespa or olm pets, (especially the olm pet) you could just use blood barrage on olm and not have to worry about bringing and brews at all. Though this would make for some easy raid I think it would take away from what raids are meant to be IMO (hard). I think even just adding the +25% dmg to the respective boss is good on its own, although I could see this being an issue on selling them as they would ONLY be good for raids.

I also looked on the last topic, and I wanna add that I feel as though people are acting like the loot is worse than it really is. I agree it does for sure need a buff but I think something like a 50 bag min would be way over rewarding (this is coming from someone who would heavily benefit from that big of a buff). Even with the loots as they are right now I have already made at least 50B doing raids which no its not a lot but I feel I've also gotten rather unlucky (0 pets) I just want people to keep in mind that its meant to be a grind. sure I could make more camping tekton afk but I think that's kinda what this push was towards, was making some more active content with similar rewards to something that people who haven't donated $2.5k so they have a chance in SPK without it being "p2w". I don't think its mean to be "as rewarding" but more rather a game of rng will today be your lucky day? :P 

• Like 1

Raids weapons (opinions) :

Xerican bow: (1st) Would be good for raids but kind of unnecessary with the current damage output of the tbow being more than exceptable unless this is intended for the eventual goal of grandmaster raids which i could see it being ok. But again kind of niche and not the type of reward I'd want from a raid. Not a bad idea but as i said niche. Really disslike the route of making raids only raids drops because thats not why people like me are grinding raids just seems kind of dumb to make drops that you have to grind for that allow you to grind for more drops kind of a backwards route of rewarding people who decide to grind out raids.

Xerican bow: (2nd) Would be useful outside of raids I guess but only as much as a regular twisted bow, perhaps give it a seercul styled special attack (lowers mage level aka lowers mage defence) would be interesting for raids and other places as like a leech to boost your own mage and lower opponents mage defence. I have no idea how that would work on spawnpk as im pretty sure mage defence is kind of bugged rn.

Xerican mace: Would be good for raids but again like the bows kind of niche and the idea of raids s to grind for BIS items from them which isn't currently the case and this wouldn't make it like that either. Again read what i said for xerican bow (1st) about raids only raids drops because it applys to the rest of the "xerican" items.

Xerican spear: Pretty junky imo (a buff to dragon-hunter lance in raids i think is necessary before this) and would make certain melee weapons redundant for raids which could destroy prices aka sunspear or lance which is at least good for pking unlike sunspear. 

Xerican sceptre: Again not the path i want to see raids items go with items only good for raids and pretty much useless elsewhere.

Xerican kodai: I had a similar idea for a insignia for kodai wand that would buff it as a potential raids drops so I actually have no issue with a similar thing being added, possibly giving it a special attack that uses 65% spec or 50% with vigour that boosts healing effectiveness with blood spells for 1 minute or something similar would be nice.

Raids off-hands: 

Blood tome/ blood spirit shield: I like the base idea of the tome but id say just keep it as a tome no need for another spirit shield. Perhaps also provide infinite rune source for blood spells. A 50% damage boost would be crazy however so maybe drop that down a bit to like 15-20% and the 25% healing boost is fine.

Raids armours:

Xerican armour: The cowl would have the same problem as a pernix cowl legitimately 0 use for it when for pking it'd be outclassed by viper/ dark serp and for pvm will be outclassed by fused slayer helm and variants. Im not opposed to a custom ranged armour coming from raids but this certainly isn't the way i would like to see it done, especially just a recolour of current "bis" ranged armour would just look tacky especially in green.

Raids pet modification: Agree 100000% with this.

10 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Possible raid items for Chambers of Xeric, along with proposed changes to pets.

As mentioned before by me via https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/18148-blood-tekton-raids-improvement/&do=findComment&comment=70038 (This is not finalized)

I. Raid Weapons:

Ranged Weapons

• Xerican Bow: (Main Idea)Identical model to craw's bow but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme. 

OR

• Xerican Bow: (Yes same name, secondary idea) Identical model to twisted bow but will be recolored with green aesthetics and possibly particles to match the "xeric" theme. Can use a "Xeric Crystal" to upgrade a regular twisted bow into a 'Xerican Bow'

Melee Weapons

• Xerican Chainmace: (Main Idea) Identical model to viggora's chainmace but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme. Can be obtained by the rewards chest in it's form 'Xerican chainmace' without needing to use a crystal on anything.
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo chainmace) would be present
      • Basic attacks will be crush, which is good all over raids pertaining to Tekton/Vasa's crystals.
      • Special attacks will be same as the 'Skotizo Chainmance', 25% per spec and reduce enemy defense level like SWH.

OR

• Xerican Spear: (Secondary Idea) Identical model to 'Zamorak Spear' but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme. Can be obtained by the rewards chest in it's form 'Xerican Spear' without needing to use a crystal on anything.
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like the melee skotizo weapon 'Skotizo Chainmace' would be present
      • Basic attacks can be stab/slash/crush, like 'Kharazi Spear'
      • Special attacks can be the same as VLS. Uncapped, and cost 25% per spec(20% per spec if vigour is present)

Mage Weapons

• Xerican Sceptre: (Main Idea)Identical model to thammaron's sceptre but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme . Can be obtained by the rewards chest in it's form 'Xerican Sceptre' without needing to use a crystal on anything.
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts like it's skotizo weapon counterpart(Skotizo Sceptre) would be present
      • Special attack can be a custom spell like 'Elemental Staff' but extremely buffed so the special attack can hit 150-200 damage per spec.

OR

• Xerican Wand: (Secondary Idea) Identical model to kodai but would be recolored green to match the "xeric" theme. Can use a "Xeric Crystal" to upgrade a regular kodai into a 'Xerican Wand'
    • Identical damage and accuracy boosts to 'Skotizo Sceptre' in raids.
      • Doesn't need a special attack

II. Raid Offhands:

Magic offhands

• Blood Tome: (Main Idea) Identical models used for Tome of fire(i)/Tome of frost(i), this tome will have a aesthetic look to it, as do the other imbued tomes. Obtained from a reward from raids and dropped as a "Blood Tome" without needing to use a "Xeric Crystal" to upgrade it.
    • Provides a +50% damage boost to Blood Spells, and improves the healing from blood spells from 25% to 40%
      • Book is not autokept, and will offer identical stats to the other imbued tomes (+25 attack bonus)
  • Blood Spirit Shield: (Secondary Idea) Identical model used for spirit shields, (perferably the Spectral) be recolored and matched to the "Blood" theme and turn into a red looking spectral shield(Blood Spirit Shield). Compared to Blood tome, it will be identical in every aspect, it's just a different form instead of it being a tome it will be a spirit shield form.

III. Raid Armors:

Ranged Armor Set

• Xerican Cowl: Hybrid cowl of both pernix and kharazi, sporting a "Xeric" themed recolorization turning the pernix model into green pernix. Obtained from using a "Xeric Crystal" to transform a 'Pernix Cowl' into a 'Xerican Cowl'
    • Perks will consist of Bonus HP of +5, +6 range strength.
    • Stats will be identical to pernix cowl, with the added range strength bonus
      • Item is not autokept
  • Xerican Body: Hybrid body of both pernix and kharazi, sporting a "Xeric" themed recolorization turning the pernix model into green pernix. Obtained from using a "Xeric Crystal" to transform a 'Pernix body' into a 'Xerican body'
    • Perks will consist of bonus HP of +20, +6 range strength
    • Stats will be identical to pernix body, with the added range strength bonus
      • Item is not autokept
  • Xerican Chaps: Hybrid chaps of both pernix and kharazi, sporting a "Xeric" themed recolorization turning the pernix model into green pernix. Obtained from using a "Xeric Crystal" to transform a 'Pernix Cowl' into a 'Xerican Cowl'
    • Perks will consist of bonus HP of +10, +6 range strength
    • Stats will be identical to pernix chaps, with the added range strength bonus
      • Item is not autokept

Raid Pets

• Current Vespula Pet: Grants immunity to venom, poison, and hydra's disease.
    • Additional effects: Grants the user +25% damage whilst in the Vespula lair. 
    1. Heal from the venom/poison/hydra disease damage you deal
    2. Venom you give to NPC's have a 35% chance of doubling. (Example: A 20 venom stack has a 35% to deal double damage (up to a 40) NOTE: Venom double will only apply in PvM
  • Current Vasa Nisitrio Pet: Keeps magic level boosted by +10, grants +5 max hit to spells you cast
    • Additional effects: Grants the user +25% damage whilst in the Vasa Nisitrio lair
    1. 'Magic Overload': Grants the user additional magic damage for your spells based on your targets magic level. Identical to the twisted bow's formula.
  • Current Olmlet Pet: Grants immunity to all dragonfire damage, and also increases all fire based attacks max hits by +5.
    • Additional effects: Grants the user +25% damage whilst in the Olmlet lair
    1. 35% chance for all incoming fire damage dealt to the user will heal them instead(75% in PvM, 25% in PvP) 
    2. Grant an additional damage to dragon NPC's by 20%

i support all of this except for using a crystal on so many things. Imo it should be just for the bow. Unless the crystal is really common you'll get some items far less in the game because some other item is far more expensive (F.E the bow being worth using a crystal on far more than pernix cowl)

Would really love to see this all implemented

9 hours ago, saltysadface said:

Dibs on first cowl in game. 
The idea of adding some new range armor is great I think that while Range is overpowered on spk we haven't seen many new pieces of gear pertaining to range. Only thing that makes me nervous is that range is already so OP in raids I would hate to see people completely ignore bringing melee and mage gear cause they can clear using only range just as fast.

I'd like to see perhaps bosses like Vasa and Tekton having even stronger mage and ranged defence while lowering it's melee (slightly) to really give a difference in using a bow or a high tier melee weapon when it comes to dps. When olm gets fixed so that scythe can work on it than melee will always be worth it to bring though

Instead of skotbow/skotmace equivalent, maybe some kind of relic with equivalent drop rate to make the current skot weps useable in raids as if it was the wild.

Can be made so their ability to be as good in the wild is reduced when this relic has been used but the relic can be "unfused" and lost. Kind of like the max cape where you lose the tokhaars.

*major bump* even with current raid updates which already help a fair bit to make them fun and interesting, this post still contains some very nice idea's which I think deserve our attention as well as that of the spk staff members