Sign in to follow this  
lzerraptorz

The mage bank event. *LATE*

Should the people who finished the event "on time" be reimbursed?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Should the people who finished the event "on time" be reimbursed?

• Yes
    • No

The mage arena event was supposed to end on the 1st of march where few people would have finished the event and the items from the event wouldn't become saturated in the eco like how the events are supposed to work, however this wasn't the case for the mage arena event with it finishing over 20 days late allowing many people to finish the event making the rewards from said event become very abundant in the eco reducing the value heavily for what is supposed to be one of the best pets in game (unholy hawk, mystic dragon) is now ridiculously cheap with both sitting at 200b a pop (mystic dragon only 200b rn due to fused). This meant for those who grinded or paid their way to finish the event on time being left with rather lackluster rewards worth 5x less than what they should have been. Do you feel those who finished the event on time deserve this to be reimbursed/ refunded in some type of way.

Edited by lzerraptorz

+1 rip 600b or more spent on mystic coins to finish the event on time 'event will close on March 1st 2019'

I disagree with this argument, and here's why:

• Regardless of how late the event carried on (approximately 22 days), players did not "lose" anything in the sense that those items are no longer there. You either sold the mystic coins or you used it in the chest in exchange for an item. While it is unfortunate the prices may have dropped, that's the risk you take when going for said items, as inflation is inevitable on a game like this and we can only do what we can to fix it (sinks, new content, and what i'm about to explain below).
  • Even if a player did complete the chest early, they could've still sold leftover coins / used it on an alt account to collect more of the items. While it may be true they are classified as "exclusive", you shouldn't think of numbers when reading this (less than or equal to 20 in the economy). What exclusive means in this context, is that the item only will show up through this particular event, and won't be obtainable from any other event. This is why the Unholy Hawk made it's way into this event rather than the divine hawk, because the divine hawk was "exclusive" to the previous event. While the effects may be similar, they are not the same - and i reckon the divine hawk will get some sort of tweak / buff in the future.

Another concern is probably the inflation of the mystic dragon pets and how strong they could be...

• I would like to point out the fact that a new pet fusion just came out involving the Mystic Dragon Pet + Tzfrost-Jad pet, so this will ultimately sink some of the mystic dragons out of the economy, creating a statistic similar if not identical to what would have been if the event had concluded on schedule.
  • In regards to the inflated Unholy Hawks, this could indeed be a problem for the overall gameplay / deep wilderness, and it's being closely monitored to assure this doesn't happen.

4bf7aad64be70e5c31992dcd1282f2b5.png

While it may be true these pet fusions would just be an even stronger version of the pet staying in the economy, they will have higher value and most likely will end up in the hands of eco-holders, making it barely noticeable in the economy (and most certainly not affecting gameplay).

This entire thing seems to be motivated by wealth, rather than any actual signs of unfairness (prices have dropped, and blame has been pinpointed to a delayed cancellation of the event). Please keep in mind that the owner is human too and he wasn't able to safely remove the event without there being possible bugs / exploits due to having to take care of stuff IRL, so i completely back him up when it comes to the event carrying on for a little while longer.

Keep in mind this was also really good for new / intermediate players as well due to the fact that mystic coins were always being sold (high demand) at 1700K each, making it a highly profitable activity throughout the course of 30+ days.

Ryan also released this statement that should be shared to the public:

We'll do a better job of event deadlines in the future, but we obviously can't refund or subsidize losses for things like that

This is all that can be done for right now, the issue has been addressed and changes in how the events operate shall be reflective on the feelings of the community based on this particular incident.

But in terms of any reimbursement, it's not necessary as you guys still received items from the chest and had an opportunity to sell out your coins.

A better way to approach a situation like this would be to provide suggestions on what SHOULD be done for those who completed the chest early, rather than invalid complaints.

Hope this clears things up!

• Like 1

Did the previous event end on time? 22 days man, I 'panic bought' approx 600b worth of m coins to finish the event as it was finishing on the 1st. After watching people use the divine hawk for around a year, i wanted a hawk, the rare and sought after pet that very few had ownership of. Granted this hawk was of less power, but damn it would have been at least classed as semi-rare if the event had ended on time. 

I 100% back up @D RY and @lzerraptorz on this, not only would have it made item's that were highly sought after like the pets and the new staff, alot more valuable, but you also have brought in more items like the mystery ticket into the server. 

Since you already said there is no way you could reimburse people who finished the event on time. Why not give them some kinda special item that only they have since they grinded there ass off or sunk a large chunk of there bank to achieve.

Honestly spawnpk is known for 3 things, a broken combat system, updates that are hella late off the estimated time and events ending way later then there suppose to. I honestly don't see why our owners dont show there face very much around there own sever. Most servers the owners are either active in game or on forums keeping there players updated on stuff happening ingame or that there working on. Or simply replying on post. 

My rant about this for right now 

I agree with @lzerraptorz , @D RY , @Morbid And @Jimm0 ,

I myself think it’s slightly unfair for the players who bought the mystic coins for 2-3m each mainly due to Ryan sharing the end date for the event. The economy would have way less of these items and they’d be much more unique, just like the previous magebank event’s items, etc.

Also, @Phenomenon

17 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

I disagree with this argument, and here's why:

• Regardless of how late the event carried on (approximately 22 days), players did not "lose" anything in the sense that those items are no longer there. You either sold the mystic coins or you used it in the chest in exchange for an item. While it is unfortunate the prices may have dropped, that's the risk you take when going for said items, as inflation is inevitable on a game like this and we can only do what we can to fix it (sinks, new content, and what i'm about to explain below).

I think @lzerraptorz was referring to the fact that the items from the event dropped more in price than they should have due to the stretched out end date for the event. 

We didn’t lose anything item wise as well, what we did lose was currency and uniqueness of the event items that, again, decreased due to the stretched end date of the event. 

On top of that you mentioned the fact that it was beneficial for the new players. This is true in a sense that it made them richer. However, what about the veterans and old players who tried to open the whole chest to obtain every cool item? I can bet there are more of these types of players than actually new players continiously opening the event chest. 

There could be given a slight bonus or whatever for the people who finished it before it was meant to end. Anything goes IMO as long as it’s taken into consideration how the delaying event ending put the early people into a disadvantage.

i never finished the chest so this does not affect me but yeah i feel bad for those who put 600b+ liek D Ry. Definitely an error on Ryans part not removing it for 22 days l0l

• Sad 1

I thought the event was dope, even though most of my rolls were shit, I did enjoy the event overall, even tho the prices went down, that’s okay with me. It’s how the event was orchistrated is what counted. Plus, epic pet boxes, the god staffs, and that other staff haven’t went down in price, either. Same goes for mystery tickets, as well. Usually pets on servers fluncuate, go up and down in price. Items, weapons, in general, not so much. I mean look at yoshi and mini-me, they used to be around 60-65b and death pet was 70-75b at one point, now its 100b.