Sign in to follow this  
Phenomenon

PvP Hotspots and PvP Caskets

PvP Caskets:

• While the term "Caskets" might already be overused due to Pking task bottles & Treasure Caskets, i'm sure there will be a way to differentiate the 3 if these are added into the game.
  • The drop rates and loot from each casket vary from color to color, and each color is based on your risk.
  • You will only be given the casket corresponding to your risk, so keep that in mind.
  • These are obtained randomly from killing another player in the wilderness (any location).

a45fdf77714f2c6d899658fbeb9d0976.png Green (Beginner) Caskets: 

Most common type of casket requiring little to no risk (1/250), you can open these caskets for free and get loots such as:

• 100 Blood Money
  • 5 X 100M Cash Bags
  • 250 Donator Tickets
  • Bandos Chestplate
  • Bandos Tassets
  • Armadyl Godsword
  • Armadyl Chainbody
  • Armadyl Chainskirt
  • Dragon Claws
  • Goodiebag

66f71fb17526a32a70ad39c880533e94.pngYellow (Intermediate) Caskets: 

In order to receive these types of caskets, you will need to have decent (medium) risk on the equipment interface (1/500).

Loots for intermediate caskets could consist of:

• PvP Mystery Box (which now has a chance to give grand treasures)
  • Vesta Chainbody
  • Vesta Chainskirt
  • Statius Platebody
  • Statius Platelegs
  • Statius Full Helm
  • Amulet Of Fury (or)
  • Eternal Amulet Of Glory
  • Staff Of Light (all colors)
  • Obsidian Platelegs
  • Obsidian Platebody
  • Obsidian Full Helm

latest?cb=20171008213458Blood Casket (Red with particle effect):

• In order to receive these types of caskets, you will need to have HIGH RISK on the equipment interface (1/500).
  • You will be required to spend 5 blood diamonds in order to open a blood casket (2B), it's a hit or a miss but nothing too absurd if you don't get a good drop.
  • An inexpensive alternative to the 5 blood diamonds would be 100 blood money, which might be more appropriate tbh.

Loots for the blood caskets would consist of:

• 3rd Age Bow (1.5B) - Common
  • Toxic Blowpipe (1.5B) - Common
  • Donator Mystery Box (3.5B) - Rare
  • Donator Mystery Chest (15B) - Very Rare
  • 25 Blood Diamonds (10B) - Rare
  • 25 X 100M Bags (2.5B) - Common
  • 500 Donator Tickets (3.5B) - Rare
  • Elysian Spirit Shield (4B) - Rare
  • Primal Mystery Box (no set price, but most items worth 3B) - Common
  • Grand Treasures (no set price, but most likely 150B+) - Almost nonexistent Rare (lol)

PvP Hotspots:

• Every time SpawnPK has some sort of event (whether it be Mage Arena, or a summer event that cycles through multiple locations), i noticed it had a very high success rate in terms of wilderness activity. Because of this, I suggest that we make this a permanent thing with traditional SpawnPK incentives rather than new curencies.
  • PvP Hotspots should cycle through every 2-3 hours with a new location and different type of incentive each time, this way we can not only keep multi-pking really active, but we could also do this for Pure Zone, Mage Arena, and Edgeville.

Message that a PvP Hotspot has been switched would be through the server new's feed, and here's some examples of what should be added:

[NEWS]: PvP Hotspot: Earn 25% extra blood money by killing players in Edgeville!

[NEWS]: PvP Hotspot: 5% chance to earn Blood Diamonds by killing players at ::pure! (Stacks with all of the other boosts we have in place)

[NEWS]: PvP Hotspot: Earn 50% extra blood money by killing players at Mage Arena!

[NEWS]: PvP Hotspot: 5% chance for double loots by stealing from rogues chest!

We can add an NPC right across from Risky Rick for you to check what the current PvP Hotspot is, or you can scroll down through your quest tab and find it below:

931e6f1ba16ef15f3eee277de0e3864a.png

Obviously it would look much better than this, and will probably have it's own unique logo rather than a casket.

I love it! I think hotspots are a wonderful idea and will work really well. A perfect example of this is the winter event... "Event is pure fighting" = everyone fighting at pure.. "Event is bc/rogue" = Everyone at rogue/bc etc..

One thing I would say is the drop rates need to be lower so instead of 1/250 maybe 1/400 and so on... 1/750 for second tier and 1/1200 for the third tier and requiring a bit more blood diamonds. Maybe 6-7? Or randomly pick between 5-8

Edited by Fp Me Noobs

Only thing I can really fault is maybe increase the chance of the caskets besides the ultra rare one like from 1 in 250 to 1 in 50 and 1 in 500 to 1 in 100, other than that FAT +1

The caskets and pk hotspots would increase the number of pkers and I think the blood caskets should use 100 blood money to open instead of blood diamonds:) +1 

• Like 1

I like the caskets but to me they seem to lack something rare to them. For example the cheapest casket is already pretty rare to get being 1/250 (the average player doesn't kill that in a day - especially with the "no risk required" attached to it), only for the best reward to be around 1.3b.

If all caskets just had the same rewards ish but in different quantities with fluctuations (f.e lower casket can give 250-500 bm, tier higher gives 1000-2500 idk the numbers but u get the idea) but all with some high ticket "rares" in them, with them becoming slightly less rare as it scales up seems like a better idea to me. For example adding the new pvp items (balmung, scroll, ABS etc) as I feel like these items are entering the game stupidly slow at the moment. Otherwise add items that can be transferred to shards/diamonds (aka easily removable for players) like a few lower tier pvp items.

Also why not add to the pvp hotzones that these caskets become slightly more common. 

And you can add far more zones to it and make it switch more often so it doesn't become "farmed" (people only them when they are in edgeville for example)? F.e it switches every half hour but goes to many different spots like mb, chaos elemental, revenants, edgeville, pure pking and other wildy bosses. That way you'd see more life to them.

> additional suggestion; when the pvp zone is at a boss the chances of loot increases. 

edit; also how many rewards do you get for opening a casket? not specified

Edited by metal justin

Pretty basic suggestion, all other PK servers have this, Idek why it hasnt been implemented yet.

+1 I guess.

3 hours ago, metal justin said:

I like the caskets but to me they seem to lack something rare to them. For example the cheapest casket is already pretty rare to get being 1/250 (the average player doesn't kill that in a day - especially with the "no risk required" attached to it), only for the best reward to be around 1.3b.

If all caskets just had the same rewards ish but in different quantities with fluctuations (f.e lower casket can give 250-500 bm, tier higher gives 1000-2500 idk the numbers but u get the idea) but all with some high ticket "rares" in them, with them becoming slightly less rare as it scales up seems like a better idea to me. For example adding the new pvp items (balmung, scroll, ABS etc) as I feel like these items are entering the game stupidly slow at the moment. Otherwise add items that can be transferred to shards/diamonds (aka easily removable for players) like a few lower tier pvp items.

Also why not add to the pvp hotzones that these caskets become slightly more common. 

And you can add far more zones to it and make it switch more often so it doesn't become "farmed" (people only them when they are in edgeville for example)? F.e it switches every half hour but goes to many different spots like mb, chaos elemental, revenants, edgeville, pure pking and other wildy bosses. That way you'd see more life to them.

> additional suggestion; when the pvp zone is at a boss the chances of loot increases. 

edit; also how many rewards do you get for opening a casket? not specified

Decent points man, let me address some of these:

"I like the caskets but to me they seem to lack something rare to them"

On 3/24/2019 at 10:07 PM, Phenomenon said:

Grand Treasures (no set price, but most likely 150B+

These would be in the blood (red) caskets, so you do have a chance at hitting the jackpot. The overall goal of the caskets is just to provide additional loot / reward when getting a kill, and it's a chance to get it - It shouldn't be looked at as a money maker.

"If all caskets just had the same rewards ish but in different quantities with fluctuations"

Not really a fan of this since the caskets i envisioned are based on risk (trying to encourage those to risk), and rewards should scale according to that risk factor.

"Also why not add to the pvp hotzones that these caskets become slightly more common. "

Fat +1

" additional suggestion; when the pvp zone is at a boss the chances of loot increases. "

I like it, +1

"also how many rewards do you get for opening a casket? not specified"

Good question, i'd say typically one, but you can get 2 or 3 just like you would from any other task bottle reward / raid / mystery box etc.

Thank you so much for the feedback, i believe your feedback could make this suggestion great if it gets added

18 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

"If all caskets just had the same rewards ish but in different quantities with fluctuations"

Not really a fan of this since the caskets i envisioned are based on risk (trying to encourage those to risk), and rewards should scale according to that risk factor.

So what i meant was that, a small casket could give statius legs, but a tier higher would give 5 of them etc. Like generally talking about low priced item that can be used for things like blood salvaging, so that its nothing game breaking by any means. 

Other than that glad you liked the feedback. Always love to help

1 minute ago, metal justin said:

So what i meant was that, a small casket could give statius legs, but a tier higher would give 5 of them etc. Like generally talking about low priced item that can be used for things like blood salvaging, so that its nothing game breaking by any means. 

Other than that glad you liked the feedback. Always love to help

Ohh i see i see, yeah that sounds pretty cool i'm not knockin it!

• Like 1