Goobymunch

Full guide on Raids

hnaqg3O.png

Hello and thanks for reading my full guide on Raids I have copied the layout of this post on runex and went ahead and made changes so it applies to SpawnPK https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/5975-in-depth-chambers-of-xeric-guide/.

Reason for writing this guide is because I have seen a lot of people struggling with raids or taking a very long time to complete a raid, so just wanted to help out a bit.

This guide will feature 3 sets you can use: Max set, a Welfare set and a very cheap barebone set. I will go into full explanation down below.

Make sure to check out Ascendency's video on how to do raids effectively.

General information

• Chambers of Xeric (Raids 1) is a type of boss gauntlet where you run through and kill 3 demi-bosses before squaring up to the Great Olm.
    • Most of the rewards are best in slot armor or weapons, making Raids very profitable if you manage to get those items.
      • The rare drop table is as follows
        •   Hide contents
          • Vespula
            • Twisted buckler (1/750)
            • Vespula pet (1/1,000)
          • Vanguards
            • Nothing.
          • Tekton
            • Elder maul (1/750)
            • Tekton pet (1/3,000)
          • Vasa Nistirio
            • Ancestral hat (1/2,500)
            • Ancestral robe top (1/2,500)
            • Ancestral robe bottom (1/2,500)
            • Vasa nistirio pet (1/3,000)
          • Muttadile
            • Dragon Claws (1/100)
          • Great Olm's chest (drop rates unreleased) I will add drops to this as it becomes more known.
            • Mystery chest
            • Coin bags (random amounts but mostly 5x, 10x, 75x and 100x )
            • Blood money
            • Point mystery boxes
            • Relic of xeric
            • Ancestral hat
            • Ancestral robe top
            • Ancestral robe bottom
            • Twisted Buckler
            • Elder maul
            • Kodai wand
            • Twisted bow
            • PVP Mystery Boxes
            • Pk Task bottles
            • Skill Task bottles
            • Grand Crest piece 1 (Not sure if you can get 2/3 will add later if it's possible)
            • Dragon claws
            • Armadyl Godsword
  • When you first begin to raid, you will start out on "Normal" difficulty.
    • As you do more raids more difficulties will become available, as they are unlocked with your raids count. The higher the difficulty the higher of a chance to get rare loots from the chest at the end of the raid.
      •   Hide contents
        • Normal
          • No requirements
        • Adept
          • +25% Reward chance
          • 10+ raids required
          • Bosses have 50% more HP
          • Bosses have 10% more defense
          • Bosses deal 5% more damage
          • You deal 5% less damage
        • Expert
          • Receive x2 common rewards
          • +45% reward chance
          • 50+ raids required
          • Bosses have 200% more HP
          • Bosses have 20% more defense
          • Bosses deal 7.5% more damage
          • You deal 7.5% less damage
        • Master
          • Receive x3 common rewards
          • +75% rare reward chance
          • 150+ raids required
          • Bosses have 300% more HP
          • Bosses have 30% more defense 
          • Bosses deal 10% more damage
          • You deal 10% less damage
        • Grandmaster
          • Receive x4 common rewards
          • +90% Reward drop chance
          • 500+ raids required
          • Bosses have 400% more HP
          • Bosses have 50% more defense
          • Bosses deal 15% more damage
          • You deal 15% less damage

Setting up a raid

• To start raiding, speak to the Librarian (raids) at ::home
      • CPxAsyU.png
      • 4NP4VvC.png
      • mRxTYJb.png
  • Once you open up the raiding interface by talking to the Librarian, select your difficulty, invite other players if you aren't soloing, and start the raid!

Gear setup

• There are two approaches to what gear to bring to raids. One option is to bring tribrid gear, and another is to bring just mage and melee.
    • Mage is almost a requirement, as you will need multi-combat spells such as blood barrage. If you have a scythe there is no need for range gear. You can just use mage/melee. If you don't have a scythe but instead are using a tbow you can bring all 3 attack styles.
    • I will try my best to include the majority of decent gear setups, but of course I will not be able to list every single item.

Max set

This is basically BiS, you can upgrade this gear by getting tormented bracelet (or), ferocious gloves and a vespula pet for the vespula room but it wont change that much.

p76ecrv.png

unknown.png
I have chosen Ancestral over virtus purely because of the damage bonus, when used in vanguards in  combination with the vasa pet and tome of frost (i). You can hit 300-400 barrages. You don't need the HP either since you'll mainly use scythe with soulsplit which just makes you immortal. I see no need for range besides maybe inflicting venom on one of the olmlet hands while you're busy with the other one.

Reason for bringing a harpoon is so you can fish for salvaged resources in case you need to buy some extra food, infernal pickaxe is used for the tekton fase so you can mine the ores faster.

There will be 2 other gear sets down here but honestly if you use a scythe or tbow and soulsplit there's not really a reason to bring insane amounts of food etc.

Welfare
This is what most of you guys will be using so I will try to keep it as cost effective as possible.
Ek19AEu.png
Reason why you need mage is for blood barrage which will help you a lot in terms of surviving and having enough brews left for olmlet. RtLZjSg.png

Cheap barebone gear
This is the cheapest set that you can use and survive with sucessfully

mXcj8ez.png

When using this setup there's a high chance you'll need to buy brews with salvaged resources before fighting olmlet. kfWphw9.png

Feel free to change out any items you want and just test around a bit.

No matter what gear you use always remember this.

• Gear to "camp"
  • Since raids is a difficult boss, you can't just bring all gear and no supplies. Personally, instead of bringing along an amulet switch, I just use an eternal glory since it provides bonuses to Mage/Melee/Range. Another great item to bring is a Comp cape cape (or it's variants) is great to bring along. It provides good tribrid stats, a stat boosting effect, and a bounty cape effect (Ex. it acts as an Ava's device for arrows). For the helmet slot, bringing along a Fused slayer helmetFrost slayer helmLava slayer helm,will be very beneficial because you won't need to bring helmet switches, as the majority of these helmets provide good bonuses in either two or three combat styles.

Last update to this topic: 6th of September 2019.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Worth noting that RX has a very good guide raid mechanic wise, but yours is more adaptive to SPK. 

Link: https://runex.io/forums/index.php?/topic/5975-in-depth-chambers-of-xeric-guide/

Yea that's a very advanced guide reason I let majority of the stuff besides the gear itself out is because Ascendency was planning on making a video on raids explaining on how to kill the bosses etc.

(ignore veng, should be ancients+Modern prayer).
Below is my setup. The doppel is great for "potting" and general tank.. Enchanted heart alone is good too now with 45 sec cooldown, but doppel has 10 sec cooldown between repots. Tekton for extra damage (Can be normal tekton only). You can use viri tekton but than youd need to bring the harpoon as well to fish because you cant pickup food from npcs.  Special pet for spec or balance spirit for spec + health + prayer. Hammer to lower def of opponent. Necklace switch super important for me because 10% magic damage increase is great. Blood slayer helm as it has tribrid stats (mage+range+str). Also void gives better def than pernix.

FXrH4wA.png

Edited by Fp Me Noobs
  • Like 1

Great Guide. Also there is no Vespine short bow drop for vespula, I think that's Runex only. And I'm almost positive that Vasa does not drop ancestral either but definitely not sure on that one.

On 3/24/2019 at 10:22 PM, king marco said:

Great Guide. Also there is no Vespine short bow drop for vespula, I think that's Runex only. And I'm almost positive that Vasa does not drop ancestral either but definitely not sure on that one.

Thanks for your feedback! I have removed the Vespine short bow drop for vespula, and as for vasa dropping ancestral it does drop it since I took the info from the droptable on spawnpk.

you forgot anti-venom. no one is doing raids in welfare or barebones without it.

On 4/7/2019 at 6:10 PM, Qotz said:

you forgot anti-venom. no one is doing raids in welfare or barebones without it.

Thanks for notifying me on this! I have edited both setups and they are featuring anti-venoms now, I would like to give you a reward in-game.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Pencilbroke said:

Couldn’t decide between ancestral or virtus. Which is better would you say @goobymunch?

I like virtus more because of the extra health it gives, but using ancestral would mean more damage so you can heal more off from blood barrage.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goobymunch said:

I like virtus more because of the extra health it gives, but using ancestral would mean more damage so you can heal more off from blood barrage.

oh yea that’s right virtus increases your hp by 120, that’s quite op. I forgotten how overpowered eoc items are. I think I’ll have to go with virtus. Thanks.

Edited by Pencilbroke