Sign in to follow this  
metal justin

Blood serpentine helmet needs a HEAVY buff

For me it just needs to be worth the 100mil bounties. thats 20 TIER 10S!!

in comparison, u can get 2 cursed relics worth 80b+ for that

my suggestions would be:

1. lower the stats to maybe +4 str and slightly less def BUT it becomes untradable (50m repair) while still giving venom protection and application

2. Make it best in slot for melee (not a big fan because that was somewhat the point of the magma, and now u even have the dark one.)

but if it does get made like this it should have highest str bonus even if its by +1 over the dark and have best accuraccy stats for melee.

3. Give it some special effects? Increase chance of stattues/blood money/diamonds etc from kills? Or maybe the poison effect from hydra (although unrelated)?

something to make it worth how insanely hard it is to get and what its worth.

other effect suggestions;

- when wearing this helm theres a +50% chance you'll skip a tier upgrade (so from 1 to 3 or 8 to 10)

- increased stats/strength when using blood equipment with this helm

- special venom that starts at 10 instead of 6

- always doubles blood money drops

- increased chance of blood shards

- a 1/100 ish chance to gain a random item from the blood diamond store while using this helm during pking

- increased drop rate chances

- increased treasure chests (the new ones)

- damage soak effect

- new custom bleed effect

obviously not all of them at once, but perhaps 1 or multiple of these instead.

All with all not worth buying as it currently is

Edited by metal justin

21 hours ago, metal justin said:

1. lower the stats to maybe +4 str and slightly less def BUT it becomes untradable (50m repair) while still giving venom protection and application

We're staying away from autokeeps so that's a hard no on a autokeep serp. You guys do know it's a better version of a REGULAR serpentine, not a better version of the serpentine variants(magma/tanzanite/viper). Also, just because it's in the BH shop for a hefty price doesn't mean it should be the best, nor does it mean you have to buy it.

2. Make it best in slot for melee (not a big fan because that was somewhat the point of the magma, and now u even have the dark one.)

but if it does get made like this it should have highest str bonus even if its by +1 over the dark and have best accuraccy stats for melee.

Dark serp has the same as magma, and only offers the convenience of the stats of all three combined. It wasn't meant to be a superior version(stat wise) than the other serpentines.

3. Give it some special effects? Increase chance of stattues/blood money/diamonds etc from kills? Or maybe the poison effect from hydra (although unrelated)?

BM boost sounds good, and as for statuettes we already have a bunch of boosters in game. I'd rather not give it blood diamonds because they've crashed hard. And yeah, the hydra effect is completely irrelevant.

- when wearing this helm theres a +50% chance you'll skip a tier upgrade (so from 1 to 3 or 8 to 10)

- increased stats/strength when using blood equipment with this helm

- special venom that starts at 10 instead of 6

- always doubles blood money drops

- increased chance of blood shards

- a 1/100 ish chance to gain a random item from the blood diamond store while using this helm during pking

- increased drop rate chances

- increased treasure chests (the new ones)

- damage soak effect

- new custom bleed effect

No on the tier upgrade.

Sounds unique and doable.

Sure, why not.

No, heavily abusable.

Blood slayer helm already does this, so no.

Definite no.

drop rate bonus, on a PK helmet???

Damage soak sounds nice, but it's a PK helmet so why not a damage boost? Maybe a boost to blood weapons/accuracy when using blood serpentine?

Given morrigan javelins are pretty poop, this could be a chance at bleed damage but how would it work?

12 hours ago, Kellatha said:

We're staying away from autokeeps so that's a hard no on a autokeep serp. You guys do know it's a better version of a REGULAR serpentine, not a better version of the serpentine variants(magma/tanzanite/viper). Also, just because it's in the BH shop for a hefty price doesn't mean it should be the best, nor does it mean you have to buy it.

Dark serp has the same as magma, and only offers the convenience of the stats of all three combined. It wasn't meant to be a superior version(stat wise) than the other serpentines.

BM boost sounds good, and as for statuettes we already have a bunch of boosters in game. I'd rather not give it blood diamonds because they've crashed hard. And yeah, the hydra effect is completely irrelevant.

No on the tier upgrade.

Sounds unique and doable.

Sure, why not.

No, heavily abusable.

Blood slayer helm already does this, so no.

Definite no.

drop rate bonus, on a PK helmet???

Damage soak sounds nice, but it's a PK helmet so why not a damage boost? Maybe a boost to blood weapons/accuracy when using blood serpentine?

Given morrigan javelins are pretty poop, this could be a chance at bleed damage but how would it work?

let me first say I just threw a bunch of random effects out there from the top of my head, so thanks for your input on each one of them.

I don't think that a fair way to look at it at all. It doesn't have to be the best, but for the insane amount it costs it better have SOME benefit, above picking a normal 500m helmet instead. It is NOT, and I sincerely mean NOT, worth the incredible small amount of stats it currently gives, for a 100b+ difference in prince. I hope you can at least agree on this. Making it stronger than the magma helm will not impact the price of the magma in any form or way, as this helm would be far, far, FAR harder to achieve for the average player (and then take in consideration risk. Would you want to use this helm over a better spec weapon)

This is what i meant with "- increased stats/strength when using blood equipment with this helm"

Good question. I guess i thought more about it as a passive effect like venom or poison. But now that you say it like that, it could be made to work with your special attack weapon to give a bleed effect. 

My idea would be something based on the amount of % your special attack uses. The more % it takes, the less amount of damage it would do but for a longer period. Can't think of a proper formula from the top of my head. But i wouldn't want an 80 korasi to give a bleed effect of 5's for 16 times haha.

Edited by metal justin

1 minute ago, metal justin said:

My idea would be something based on the amount of % your special attack uses. The more % it takes, the less amount of damage it would do but for a longer period. Can't think of a proper formula from the top of my head. But i wouldn't want an 80 korasi to give a bleed effect of 5's for 16 times haha.

Dang that can swing both ways with like a ancient mace or dh lance speccing 100%

then there's something small like a d sword speccing 25% :P 

2 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Dang that can swing both ways with like a ancient mace or dh lance speccing 100%

then there's something small like a d sword speccing 25% :P 

Funny you mention those weapons, as thats my exact point. D lance currently has the highest cap spec i think at 87? You don't want an INSANE bleed effect on that. Where as a dds caps way lower (and hits way less frequently) so it'd have more room to do some extra damage.

P.s edited my other one a few times please re-read as i thought of things a second after posting

15 hours ago, Kellatha said:

99daf7f19805325e7a6fa52b5c0b6cb2.png
https://gyazo.com/99daf7f19805325e7a6fa52b5c0b6cb2 :th0nk:

Not really sure on what should be done with the blood serp helmet, i find it weird that we even released it when we just made a dark serp helmet.

Now i'm stuck between having to choose which one to wear (obviously the dark serp for it's stats).

I do, however, agree that it needs a buff:

On 3/2/2019 at 1:17 AM, Juicy Orange said:

Yeah I don't get how it's worse than other Serps, it's way harder to obtain

I'll come up with some stuff soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

Not really sure on what should be done with the blood serp helmet, i find it weird that we even released it when we just made a dark serp helmet.

Now i'm stuck between having to choose which one to wear (obviously the dark serp for it's stats).

I do, however, agree that it needs a buff:

I'll come up with some stuff soon.

didn't like any of the things i came up with?

Really thought out of the box for this one as i don't like a simple "raise its stats to make it better" method.

On 3/1/2019 at 5:13 AM, metal justin said:

when wearing this helm theres a +50% chance you'll skip a tier upgrade (so from 1 to 3 or 8 to 10)

I like this a lot actually (just a clarification for those who might not understand - You would be upgrading from 1 to 2 already, that's why he put 1-3).

If the mechanic is low defense high offensive stats, we need to make it the best offensive serp helm in the game, and the defense bonuses have to be significantly lowered so it doesn't dominate the other helms.

+1, gives blood crown effect (i think it's like 2 more blood money per kill?, if not that should be the effect), rare chance at 2 blood diamonds on a kill (stackable with blood perk), increase chance of blood statue only by 10%

These are the ones i am interested in.

Actually took a deeper look into this, why don't we work on the stats a bit?

6703f69f210216d90cef435361181296.png

• Blood Serp Helm would now be the new BIS melee helm (100M bounties too, quite expensive so not everyone would have it)
  • Defense bonuses are lowered even more, and would only be optimal for edge pking rather than deep wilderness (see below helm for deep wild)
  • Because of this, we shouldn't add every perk to it like i had anticipated - Instead it should give +2 BM for each kill, but not the rest of the perks mentioned.

In order to keep Dark Serp Helm useful and the best serp helm to use overall, we should buff the stats a tiny bit suitable for tribrid stats (all 3 styles, balanced):

01b80d1309385b8003cccd67e8819782.png

The red text indicate what the stats should become rather than what is already highlighted by green.

• The new stats would give +2 more Range attack bonus, +5 more magic defense bonus, and +2.5% in magic damage.
  • This is basically a tanz helm with +5 more magic defense, and 2.5% damage, traditional magma offense stats, and a viper helmet with +2 range attack bonus (not to mention the +5 range strength we already have)

2 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

• Blood Serp Helm would now be the new BIS melee helm (100M bounties too, quite expensive so not everyone would have it)
  • Defense bonuses are lowered even more, and would only be optimal for edge pking rather than deep wilderness (see below helm for deep wild)
  • Because of this, we shouldn't add every perk to it like i had anticipated - Instead it should give +2 BM for each kill, but not the rest of the perks mentioned.

Will only ever be worth 100m bounties if it is also auto-keep

like who tf wants to dump aprox 84b on some shitty +1 that gives nothing more than +2 BM a kill. 

Edited by Ian

10 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

In order to keep Dark Serp Helm useful and the best serp helm to use overall, we should buff the stats a tiny bit suitable for tribrid stats (all 3 styles, balanced):

01b80d1309385b8003cccd67e8819782.png

The red text indicate what the stats should become rather than what is already highlighted by green.

• The new stats would give +2 more Range attack bonus, +5 more magic defense bonus, and +2.5% in magic damage.
  • This is basically a tanz helm with +5 more magic defense, and 2.5% damage, traditional magma offense stats, and a viper helmet with +2 range attack bonus (not to mention the +5 range strength we already have)

Alllllright i see where you coming from. I agree with dark serp butttt

instead id say give the blood serp +15 in the 3 melee bonusses, but 0 in magic/range, to make it a strong offensive melee helmet. this would also boost the usage of dark serp, as this one wouldn't be good for using range/mage.

I also believe it should still have a decent effect or perk to it. 100mil bounties is quite a bit, 20 tier 10s to be exact. Not every average joe can get that in a day (maybe some ppl in torva/zbow/and other prod gear). to me it should be like as useful as half a fused slayer helm, as it's just such a high ticket item.

You should WANT to spend 100b+ on this helmet because of how good it is.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2019 at 3:45 AM, metal justin said:

Alllllright i see where you coming from. I agree with dark serp butttt

instead id say give the blood serp +15 in the 3 melee bonusses, but 0 in magic/range, to make it a strong offensive melee helmet. this would also boost the usage of dark serp, as this one wouldn't be good for using range/mage.

I also believe it should still have a decent effect or perk to it. 100mil bounties is quite a bit, 20 tier 10s to be exact. Not every average joe can get that in a day (maybe some ppl in torva/zbow/and other prod gear). to me it should be like as useful as half a fused slayer helm, as it's just such a high ticket item.

Couldn't of said it better than myself, i think you're onto something good with these statements:

• Like 1