Cyclop

Left Click Attack Target Only - Sometimes Not Working

This doesn't happen often, but with the Left click attack target only option enabled, I should have to right-click, then select Attack. I manage to capture it happening. It eventually fixes itself, but it requires time. Logging out and back in sometimes fixes it; disabling then re-enabling does not do anything. I'd be pretty peeved if I skulled and lost 200b+ to a little bug like this. Careful folks.

8YSvhCZ.png

This only happens when you attack the player previously while having this enabled. It'll stay in the system as your last target and does not go away until you relog or attack another player. Simple fix, but ultimately it's triggered via your fault by attacking a player.

54 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

This only happens when you attack the player previously while having this enabled. It'll stay in the system as your last target and does not go away until you relog or attack another player. Simple fix, but ultimately it's triggered via your fault by attacking a player.

This happened after just having launched the client and not engaging in combat prior to this screenshot. Unless I don't understand what you're saying, this doesn't apply. To add, I right clicked another player in the caves shortly after, with the same result.

32 minutes ago, Cyclop said:

This happened after just having launched the client and not engaging in combat prior to this screenshot. Unless I don't understand what you're saying, this doesn't apply. To add, I right clicked another player in the caves shortly after, with the same result.

Never had it happen to me. I have this option to never get skull tricked and has worked flawlessly so far. I constantly hover over peoples names and right click them because of DD's and such. Can you video and recreate so I can forward it to Ryan?

8 hours ago, Cyclop said:

This is correct, it happens to me as well.

21 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Never had it happen to me. I have this option to never get skull tricked and has worked flawlessly so far. I constantly hover over peoples names and right click them because of DD's and such. Can you video and recreate so I can forward it to Ryan?

I actually managed to catch it again. Here ya go.

This, again, was after launching the client fresh and not engaging in any combat prior to creating this gif. It was also not fixed by logging out and back in, as previously mentioned - see below.

lj8JHAt.png

Wait but you have "left click attack" enabled along with "left click attack target only". You're still going to left click attack them regardless of them being your target because you have "left click attack" enabled. Isn't that the problem with this?

Weird honestly I checked my own client and have both enabled and never encounter this problem. I don't know how you can recreate this

6 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Wait but you have "left click attack" enabled along with "left click attack target only". You're still going to left click attack them regardless of them being your target because you have "left click attack" enabled. Isn't that the problem with this?

Weird honestly I checked my own client and have both enabled and never encounter this problem. I don't know how you can recreate this

Nope. 'Left click attack' option is for NPC's only. 

When enabled, you can left click NPC's with a higher level than you. I believe it's enabled by default. When disabled, you have to right-click > Attack each NPC that's a higher level than you.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:56 AM, Kellatha said:

This seems to be account specific. 

I set up a new laptop last night running Linux mint. I got Java all setup and downloaded the client. Once I logged in, I was greeted with the same issue as before. Prior to logging in on the laptop, I was on a Windows 10 machine, which is why I say it seems to be account specific. This really needs to be looked into.