Sign in to follow this  
James Bond

New Ragging System / Blacklist Interface

::Blacklist Interface  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like this suggestion added?

• Yes
    • No, please state why below

I am suggesting adding a "Ragging System" in place for players wishing to counter anyone trying to perm. ragg another player, at a cost.

• If said player is being ragged constantly inside level 1-8 Wilderness of Edgeville/High Risk Area they will have the option to buy 24Hrs immunityThis immunity will come costly of at least 20B per 24Hrs. Once you purchase this immunity you will have access to a ::Blacklist interface with an unlimited amount of slots to blacklist in the span of 24hours. Once the 24Hrs immunity is up you will have to repurchase. 
  • 24 Hours is based off In-game time, logging out will not affect the time. Once you log back into the server it will continue to count down until you have used all 24 hours.
  • Once a player blacklists another player they will NOT be able to unblacklist that player until the 24hours are up.
  • The same system where you can hide bots with ::bots - you can type ::bl (this will hide anyone that you have marked on your ::Blacklist interface)

Pros:

- Economy Cash Sink

- Prevents players from creating MORE topics in regards to the rule of ragging being allowed.

- Staff do not get involved with Ragging reports anymore.

- Completely automated. 

Cons:

- Possibly 20B is too much for the normal player.

- Requires coding/update.

If you find this topic worthy of being suggested and accepted please vote above YES or please post below on why you have chosen NO for this being added.

Thank you.

Edited by James Bond

Actually didn't expect myself to like any part of this idea but i'm all for money sinks. I would not say unlimited amount of blacklist slots maybe 2 at the max but have it block uid/ip so people can't make an alt to get around it. If we allow infinite it would be too safe and not have a wilderness feel at all. This is just a sensitive topic and it's really hard to find the right balance because no matter what we implement players will still complain "oh that costs too much" "i had to log out because of emergency my 24 hours was wasted i want refund"

Overall i am neutral on this idea but it is a cool system you thought of nonetheless.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bread Unban said:

Actually didn't expect myself to like any part of this idea but i'm all for money sinks. I would not say unlimited amount of blacklist slots maybe 2 at the max but have it block uid/ip so people can't make an alt to get around it. If we allow infinite it would be too safe and not have a wilderness feel at all. This is just a sensitive topic and it's really hard to find the right balance because no matter what we implement players will still complain "oh that costs too much" "i had to log out because of emergency my 24 hours was wasted i want refund"

Overall i am neutral on this idea but it is a cool system you thought of nonetheless.

Thanks for replying!

As for the 24 hours being wasted, I did edit the topic and made it so that it only tracks real server time. As for it being 20B that should be way more than needed.

I only made this suggestion have unlimited blacklists due to lets say a Clan wishes to blacklist 1 player, this player can anti that. I think it's only fair. Some players are out to do some very malicious stuff just to ruin someone's day. I think it's only fair this system gets added, it would help everyone.

As for the people actually deserving to be ragged they should think twice after paying 20B.. if they wish to continue to pay 20B ea time then let the economy prosper a little more. 

Edited by James Bond

20b for 24 hours of protection sounds pretty swell. Time to add the entire server to the list and pvm in the wildy safely! hehe.jpg

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Kellatha said:

20b for 24 hours of protection sounds pretty swell. Time to add the entire server to the list and pvm in the wildy safely! hehe.jpg

Okay.. you asked me to make a thread and then you don't take my thread seriously? This really shows what type of staff team Spawnpk has become.

I spent some time on this thread only to have you mock it. I clearly said Edgeville 1-8 Wildy and High Risk Area.

• Like 1

No. People get ragged for being toxic or rushing. Ragging will never be removed and if it does, many people will quit.

I would rag a player just to see them pay 20b then id go back to pking lol.

21 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Okay.. you asked me to make a thread and then you don't take my thread seriously? This really shows what type of staff team Spawnpk has become.

I spent some time on this thread only to have you mock it. I clearly said Edgeville 1-8 Wildy and High Risk Area.

No wonder you get ragged, you get angry so easily over a small joke. Btw i rag anyone who tries to get ragging removed, so gl.

Edited by get slapt

We currently have ragging restrictions in the following areas:

• EdgePvP
  • Mage Bank
  • Graveyards
  • Risk Fight Arena

This was due to an ongoing issue regarding ragging and players that are vulnerable to it due to a specific style of PKing (NH/Hybrid), almost any RSPS you go to will prohibit ragging nhers.

When you take a look into a more global issue (server-wide, a majority of players) that's when normal edgeville comes into play. I don't believe it has reached the stage of being an epidemic, and like others have stated on this thread, you usually get ragged only when you do something wrong / annoying to the ragger (they usually are trying to teach you some type of lesson). So as of right now i don't see ragging in edgeville getting removed. We get threads like these occasionally, but rarely do they ever get leverage.

If you're looking for a safe place to PK, i advise you check out the areas listed above.

9 hours ago, James Bond said:

I didn't read and comprehend that part my bad. 

I did support you and your idea, not sure why you got sensitive about a joke I made. I wasn't being sarcastic, it was just a joke.

Dully noted I won't joke with you anymore.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Kellatha said:

I didn't read and comprehend that part my bad. 

I did support you and your idea, not sure why you got sensitive about a joke I made. I wasn't being sarcastic, it was just a joke.

Dully noted I won't joke with you anymore.

Me rethinking about my reply, that was me actually being a complete ass.

Please disregard that and hopefully you understand a little of my frustration. I shouldn't have mentioned that. Thanks for replying.

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 7:11 AM, James Bond said:

I am suggesting adding a "Ragging System" in place for players wishing to counter anyone trying to perm. ragg another player, at a cost.

• If said player is being ragged constantly inside level 1-8 Wilderness of Edgeville/High Risk Area they will have the option to buy 24Hrs immunityThis immunity will come costly of at least 20B per 24Hrs. Once you purchase this immunity you will have access to a ::Blacklist interface with an unlimited amount of slots to blacklist in the span of 24hours. Once the 24Hrs immunity is up you will have to repurchase. 
  • 24 Hours is based off In-game time, logging out will not affect the time. Once you log back into the server it will continue to count down until you have used all 24 hours.
  • Once a player blacklists another player they will NOT be able to unblacklist that player until the 24hours are up.
  • The same system where you can hide bots with ::bots - you can type ::bl (this will hide anyone that you have marked on your ::Blacklist interface)

Pros:

- Economy Cash Sink

- Prevents players from creating MORE topics in regards to the rule of ragging being allowed.

- Staff do not get involved with Ragging reports anymore.

- Completely automated. 

Cons:

- Possibly 20B is too much for the normal player.

- Requires coding/update.

If you find this topic worthy of being suggested and accepted please vote above YES or please post below on why you have chosen NO for this being added.

Thank you.

People cry way too much bout rag when they just can log off or go to other pking zones

12 minutes ago, Hooke V2 said:

Only agree if 15 out of the 20b goes to the ragger.

+1 lul

It’s funny people keep creating these topics as if raggers prevent them from any type of pvp interaction every second, 24 hours long. This is not true, raggers (most of them) have IRL lifes. Also, do you really think raggers will go deep wildy where they’ll get teamed on, tbed and hunt down? Raggers mostly stay at edgeville so when they haved permed you just go and do something else as there’s plently to do on spawnpk or any RSPS for that matter.

I, myself have been perm ragged by the most toxic, clueless and nolife raggers on spawnpk throughout my time of being on spawnpk and have never really experienced actual trouble with raggers in my opinion.