Sign in to follow this  
Bowflexxx

The NEW blood slayer! Opinions?

With our most recent update we had Blood slayer introduced which offers a few new unique ways to earn "Blood slayer" points and ranks. There is a blood slayer shop with rewards exclusive to this new addition. The shop offers items that require both a rank and blood slayer point amount to purchase: 
7913a5492d147d04bdfc32e1a297c58c.png

• 50 Blood slayer points:1838c41ecaab71e78f6711967ed7fc7c.png
  • 50 Blood slayer points:607af46f89d02251c5625e18f24294bc.png
  • 100 Blood slayer points:b0b5e1436f2bfea5e3d3d6536e301969.png
  • 150 Blood slayer points:6fc1e8b23846d16c54147c893d3e7102.png
  • 200 Blood slayer points:49fcbf539696cf673326729ffa975db9.png
  • 250 Blood slayer points:7cce37f027f7b0af3d8c7a92448fb455.png
  • 250 Blood slayer points:61dfc9240b19c004c006d172dc0861c9.png
  • 500 Blood slayer points:18dd68b42e66fa8bc42237640a4c26f3.png
  • 500 Blood slayer points:bb663ef8c4e368aa51cf914d87fcbf52.png
  • 1000 Blood slayer points:65b6434a63193f83beed1a8555daf568.png
  • 1000 Blood slayer points:1130d065101989874200b54c8d3dc4cd.png
  • 5000 Blood slayer points:ec57238bca9faf87b57e62978c428dc3.png

For all that have tried out blood Slayer, how are you liking it so far? Any additions/modifications you would like to see in the future?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Recession said:

I think it'd be cool of rewards went to the bank instead of your inventory on task completion

+1

Does the blood slayer bow fire with the same tick speed as a msb? And how would it be comparable to the toxic blowpipe which was also buffed in pvm combat?

Wouldn’t mind the boots to be buffed slightly as well.

Edited by _Jorik_

Upgrade stone for your blood slayer gem so that you can teleport directly to your task 

Blood knives(identical stats to rune knives) that have a +10% damage bonus towards your blood slayer target

Following up with the "blood" theme we could give some use to bloodmancer items in here, perhaps making bloodmancer robes autokept with the upgrade kit in the blood slayer shop. 30 blood slayer shouldn't take that long, a week max if you grind a good 6+ hours a day. Going to need some higher levels like 50/75 with even better incentives. Personally making FSH autokept(nice eco sink ryan senpai) with no additional reward besides an extra 25% BM reward from completing slayer tasks is what, a maximum of 2-10 BM? Most i've gotten is like 42 from a DG task so i'd assume that the max is 45, and the lowest being 10.

10+25%= 12.5(13) = 3 extra BM while wearing a blood slayer

45+25%=56.25(56) = 11 extra BM while wearing a blood slayer

IDK about you but I don't feel like grinding out a relic for the sole purpose of making it auto kept. There needs to be some sort of additional benefit from it, maybe double BM drops from players/npc's while killing on your blood slayer task.

This also opens up the branch for a blood slayer pet, which would be pretty nifty at level 75/100 blood slayer level. Something along the lines of a passive +10% damage bonus to blood slayer task targets along with a 25% chance to double blood slayer points/BM on blood slayer task completion

With every pet comes an opportunity to fuse it for an epic pet!

• Like 1

On 11/15/2018 at 10:58 PM, Kellatha said:

Upgrade stone for your blood slayer gem so that you can teleport directly to your task 

Blood knives(identical stats to rune knives) that have a +10% damage bonus towards your blood slayer target

Following up with the "blood" theme we could give some use to bloodmancer items in here, perhaps making bloodmancer robes autokept with the upgrade kit in the blood slayer shop. 30 blood slayer shouldn't take that long, a week max if you grind a good 6+ hours a day. Going to need some higher levels like 50/75 with even better incentives. Personally making FSH autokept(nice eco sink ryan senpai) with no additional reward besides an extra 25% BM reward from completing slayer tasks is what, a maximum of 2-10 BM? Most i've gotten is like 42 from a DG task so i'd assume that the max is 45, and the lowest being 10.

10+25%= 12.5(13) = 3 extra BM while wearing a blood slayer

45+25%=56.25(56) = 11 extra BM while wearing a blood slayer

IDK about you but I don't feel like grinding out a relic for the sole purpose of making it auto kept. There needs to be some sort of additional benefit from it, maybe double BM drops from players/npc's while killing on your blood slayer task.

This also opens up the branch for a blood slayer pet, which would be pretty nifty at level 75/100 blood slayer level. Something along the lines of a passive +10% damage bonus to blood slayer task targets along with a 25% chance to double blood slayer points/BM on blood slayer task completion

With every pet comes an opportunity to fuse it for an epic pet!

great ideas.

i would love to see higher ranks then 30 :)

After a decent amount of time invested into blood slayer here are my thoughts.

As far as task options go:

• Monster hunter - I didn't personally choose this task often because it didn't seem efficient for maximizing points per hour. There seemed to be a decent variety of monsters (Lava giants/Revs/Frost drags/Lava drags/Rune drags) all of which are accessible via rev caves. Only complaint is the amount of monsters (in conjunction with their hp) in comparison to boss tasks makes these tasks seem inefficient.
  • Boss hunter - This task seemed to be the most efficient choice for maximizing points. The occasional Kraken or Wildywyrm task would slow down the speed of which you gain points, but you could always skip those. Would be interesting to see "hard" boss tasks in the future. (Skotizo/Corp/Tekton) Otherwise there was a good variety of monsters ni this task pool.
  • Bounty hunter - For the people that can manage 3-6 bounty kills in 15minutes, this seems to be SOLID for moneymaking as well as progressing blood slayer. You get the bonus BM from completing the task, the Blood slayer points(20), standard slayer points(15), AND all of the usual stuff you get whilst pking. There is a fair bit of variety as far as tasks go, but it would be interesting to see "hard" tasks per se that would incentivize higher risk or the use of a certain prayer book. Maybe add "pure" tasks?
  • Slaughter - My only complaint here, is that i dont think there is a "better" reward for killing more players in the alotted time. Otherwise these tasks are pretty straightforward and it shares similar variety with Bounty hunter tasks. Maybe add "pure" tasks? 
  • Thanks 1

The shop! Most of the armors didn't seem to offer a large amount of value for me personally. The seemingly small % increase on BM whilst on task didn't seem worth the investment. But i'll list my thoughts for the sake of discussion.

• The gloves - Identical stats to barrows gloves. Not much to be said here. A small buff might make these a more "viable" purchase.
  • The boots - Better stats than spawnable dboots, and being autokeep these could be a runner up to primordials. With them being autokeep and having a small attack bonus for both mage and range, they seem to be decent for what theyre worth.
  • The ring - This has BETTER stats than a Ring of Vigour! It doesn't have the effects... But still. Not bad. (Although we do have tons of ring options via the blood pool/perks)
  • The amulet - Identical stats to Amulet of fury. Not much to be said. A small buff would make this more of a "viable" purchase.
  • The cape - Identical stats to Tokhaar-Kal. A small buff would make this more of a "viable" purchase.
  • The hood - Most hoods don't seem to have very impressive stats. If this is wearable as a pure this could be BIS pure helmet.
  • The book - This thing is STRONG. Like... VERY STRONG. 10% Damage bonus in PvP is a lot for an autokeep item. I'm not sure how to approach a fix for this, but 10% Damage is A LOT. Accuracy has and always will be "unfavorable." Magic damage % seems to not be favored by many due to hard caps on magic spells. Not quite sure on a proper "Fix" i just know this thing is STRONG.
  • The accumulator - Stats when pressing "ctrl" and hovering over seem to be lacking. Not comparable to Avas (t). Maybe give this the ability to "clone" your best Ava's items stats? (This could also be a decent approach for many of the other items)
  • The relic - This grind was not fun. 5k points is quite a lot and its hard to place value on the time invested. An AUTOKEEP UNTRADABLE fused slayer helm is priceless, but i feel like additional bonus' beyond what it already has would be nice. Most people that are using Fused slayers generally arent "risking" so adding benefits beyond the Autokeep/untradable could be nice.

The weapons! I've managed to purchase all of them and have a slight bit of input for all of them.

• The spear - This is literally a baby sunspear. Paired with Karamja gloves (3) or Enchanted gloves this thing is surprisingly quite strong while on task with the 10% task damage bonus! I expected a Dspear with the "stun" spec, but this has a spec that seems to be identical to Sunspear with the obvious toned down stats of this spear. It's not very accurate, but its fast (whip speed) and has potential to hit pretty hard.
  • The bow - This is a AWESOME looking bow with identical stats to MSB (i) with the benefit of 10% damage bonus on task. My only complaint - No void tasks... This paired with void, and rigour would be quite strong. Otherwise, i believe it would be "outclassed" by 3rd age bow/ Zaryte bow. 
  • The staff - Nifty looking staff. The 10% damage bonus on task is nice, BUT it doesn't have any standard damage bonus on its base stats. It has +5 more magic attack bonus over the normal blood staff which is nice. Besides, damage % bonus isn't always that great because of hit caps. (Potentially add accuracy which may be good with our "splashy" magic system)
  • Thanks 1