Sign in to follow this  
Kellatha

Dungeon Minigame, Holy Comp Cape, and much more!

Hey my dudes, back at it again with some suggestions for the server. Most of these are well thought out and from community input such as @Keegan @Bowflexxx @Kstyle, and others from yell/forums.

Suggestions:

1. New Co-op Minigame: With all this "Battle Royale" and "Group Gaming" hype like Fortnite/Black ops 4, i've come up with an excellent minigame that would be based on heavy group coordination and effort to win and beat the minigame. This is essentially a "RPG" type of minigame, where you can pick what you are. I'll lay everything out for you guys to fully understand. The title of this minigame can be called "Ascension" that essentially means climb the levels and rise to power.

I.) Role Selection: Starting off the game with a group of four players, you and 3 other players can select what type of role you want to play during the minigame. The following roles will be available, and abide by the logics of Runescape:

• Tank/Warrior: Melee based role that focuses heavily on doing melee damage, or tanking up with armor and being a wall/damage soak for the rest of the team. This player will be the one with the highest  defensive bonuses, or can also chose to go full warrior and deal immense damage while sacrificing his armor.
  • Ranger: Range based role that focuses heavily on doing ranged damage from afar while other players are distracting the opponent. 
  • Mage: Mage based role that focuses heavily on doing mage damage from afar while other players are distracting the opponent. The mage can go offensive and deal more damage with spells, or can go utility and weaken opponents with cursed/weaknesses while sacrificing damage.
  • Healer: Support based role that focuses heavily on getting other team members supplies/food as they progress throughout the minigame. This role is essentially the backbone of the entire group, and can turn the tide of the minigame and either mean an easy minigame victory, or a long and hard defeat.

II.) Starter Packs: Based on your role you will receive a starter pack to give you basic gear/supplies to progress throughout the minigame.

• Tank: Full set of armor, a weak sword and a strong shield.
  • Warrior: A strong sword and a weak defender.
  • Ranger: A strong bow and weak arrows.
  • Mage: A strong staff and weak spells.
  • Healer: High healing food and weak potions.

III.) Minigame Objectives: Your main game is to find supplies, kill your opponents/bosses with the equipment you have on hand to beat the minigame. As the minigame progresses, it will get harder as monsters with more HP and damage will start appearing, but so will you.

• Chests: Chests will be found throughout the dungeon where you can loot them to find food/supplies/armor/weapons for your adventure. Each person will be able to loot it, and based on your role, you will receive items that pertain to that role.
    • Example: A Tank will be search the chest and find a rune chestplate!
  • Food: As the minigame progresses you will receive higher tier food that will heal you for even more. No one will need as much food as the tank/warrior, or if neither were selected the player dealing the most damage will be often targeted by every opponent. Basic common Runescape will be found here from Shrimp to Anchovy Pizza to Summer Pies to Rocktails.
  • Supplies: Potions will often be found as well, ranging from regular potions to super potions as well. Players can also find specialty items like Spec Restore potions that restore your spec inside of the minigame. Some other specialty items like a "rune pouch" could be found and a mage would no longer need any type of rune to cast his spells.
  • Equipment: Anything can be found from bronze armor to dragon armor in here, also pertaining to arrows/boots/gloves,etc.
  • Weapons: Anything can be found from bronze dagger to dragon scimitar in here, also pertaining to knives/staffs/bows,etc.

IV.) Rewards: Everything and anything you find in here will be lost upon exiting the minigame, so nothing you find you will keep. If you manage to clear the minigame, you will have a chance to receive a drop from the final boss that will be automatically banked if you receive the drop. The final boss being a multi attack style boss similar to a Bloodwyrm/Ripper Demon will be hard to kill, and if defeated all the players will receive a drop. Given this minigame will be new, i'd like to make some suggestions as to what custom rewards in can have.

• Cursed Longsword: Similar to the one in Runex, has a 25% chance to hit through prayer.
  • Cursed Handcannon: Similar to the one in Runex(visually), Has an increased cap of 80 in PvP, stronger version than the barrelchest handcannon.

I can always further progress on the rewards, these are just some starter ones.

2. New Blood Perks:

• Archaelogist IV: Allow you to sell Revenant Artifacts to Mandrith
  • Revenant Hunter: Sell Revenant Artifacts at no Revenant Ether expense
  • Revenant Hunter II: Increase gold turn in value of Revenant Artifacts by 25%
  • Blood Kings Ring: Allows you to dip the for(let's give warriors ring some love) imbued dagganoth rings (Berserker, Warrior, Archers', Seers') in the blood fountain to create a ring that holds all four bonuses of these rings together. On death all four imbued rings drop on death, and you have to re-dip the four rings for another 'Blood Kind Ring'.
  • War Bonds: Very rare chance to find a $5 bond after a PvP kill(Similar to war diamonds)
  • Gate Keeper: Allows you to spawn two extra NPC's in the spawner found in VIP/Sponsor donator zone.
    • 100,000 BM cost
  • Gate Keeper II: Allows you to spawn four extra NPC's in the spawner found in VIP/Sponsor donator zone.
    • 250,000 BM cost

3. Holy/Unholy Completionist Cape: Identical bonuses and perks to the Purple completionist cape, these variants would be for the players who have chose either the side of PvM/PvP goals such as obtaining a certain amount of kills in their respective counterparts.

• Holy Completionist Cape: White Completionist Cape with a sky blue particle glow, for those who have achieved a total of 100,000 Boss Kills
    • Auto banks your inventory/worn equipment in case you die in the non wilderness.
  • Unholy Completionist Cape: Black Completionist cape with a gold particle glow, for those who have achieved a total of 10,000 Player Kills
    • Built in phoenix necklace effect.
    • Random chance to incant 'Bloodlust' after any PvP kill

4. Donator Zones Earning Potential: This is for the players that go dry in these zones despite having a lot of kill counts. If in any of the donator zones(Normal/Elite/VIP/Sponsor) you will now gain a passive drop rate bonus effect for killing monsters in these zones. This will scale depending on how dry you have gone without an "announcement" drop, to help players get a drop instead of no drops.

• 500 Dry = 5% Passive DRB
  • 1,000 Dry = 10% Passive DRB
  • 2,000 Dry = 25% Passive DRB
  • 5,000 Dry= 75% Passive DRB

Now obviously 5,000 would be too much but just in case anyone has ever gone that dry. As soon as you get an "Announcement" drop via chat, your passive "DRB"(Drop Rate Bonus) will disappear and start anew. For example, if you are 499 dry and get a "Ring of Vigour" from Chaos Elemental, your bonus will disappear and start anew.

Tweaks:

1. Grand Ring(i): Credit to @Bowflexxx with this topic: https://spawnpk.net/forums/index.php?/topic/15948-grand-ring-i-value/ Changes implemented on the ring to make it more viable.

• Remove the vigour effect and make it auto kept so this won't be a vigour(i). There is no need to have the vigour perk on the grand ring.
  • Keep the stats the same as b ring(i) so that it doesn't outclass blood berserker ring and virtually make it an auto kept blood berserker ring.
  • Double all currency drops (Gold, Blood Money, Donator Tickets)

2. Coin Shop: Add noted dagganoth rings to the coin shop so we can sell them in bulk amounts instead of countless inventories. Also, add flameburst defenders to the coin shop as a sellable item but not a buyable option.

3. Twisted Bow: With the revenant weapons recently buffed, Twisted bow is still a powerhouse in the wilderness. I suggest following to nerf it because it is incredibly strong and still holds it's own against the revenant weapons.

• Reduce the tick speed by -1(back to regular) in the wilderness.

Accuracy: The accuracy is also really weird. Sometimes it hit's 4 0's in a row, followed up with a super low hit like "1" or "2" and that's including the swift glove proc. Can the accuracy be examine and boosted if need be. Another point i'd like to highlight is that the twisted bow hits EXTREMELY high when a boss is at very low health. It seems pretty pointless for a twisted bow to hit 120+ when the boss has 30 HP left. Is the formula running on based on how much HP is left on the boss? If so, it needs to be adjusted properly.

4. Archaic Wyrm: The built in 'Phoenix Amulet' effect isn't working on the Archaic Wyrm like it's supposed to. Can it be checked out and verified, because out of experience i've yet to see my health regenerate at an absurd amount(phoenix necklace effect) in PvP. Boneguard has it, and since it's a fuse ingredient for Archaic Wyrm, it should have it as well.

5. Max Hit Dummies: Currently we have yet to get customization features for the dummies that would let us test out the precise scenario of the situation we need to test out. For example, like trying to rush a divine player that has a doppelganger and has all his vampiric perks enabled. Would be a nice addition of the following that we could "Customize" our own dummy and try it out, perhaps even a new room in the PoH for this and an extra cash sink needed to make it.

• Ability to check Divine defense
  • Ability to check Pet defense
  • Ability to check Perks boosting damage/defense
  • Ability to check Armor boosting defense

These options would be toggable, similar to the duel arena where you can check off the food/prayer,etc. This would be extremely nice and helpful for players to test out their items/weapons/pets to see if how well they can work against these types of setups.

Cash Sinks:

1. Grand Prize Key: With the overwhelming surplus of donator tickets in the economy, we have an overflow of mystery chests/prize keys/epic pet mystery boxes, etc. Your typical go to purchases with donator tickets. If we add a new addition to the magic chest of trying to enchant a regular prize key for a grand prize key, it would certainly be a step in the right direction of acting like an effective cash sink.

• One try for Grand Prize Key = One Prize Key = 50% chance of enchanting it into a grand prize key

2. New Blood Shard sinks:

• Ancient Mace
  • Frozen Scimitar
  • Dragon Scimitar(or)
  • Vesta Spears
  • Flamebursts

3. Server Wide Raffles: Another great cash sink idea would be for the server to host automatic raffles based on timed durations and different types of currencies to enter such raffles.

• Epic Pet Box Raffle: 250 Donator Tickets - 3 Day Raffle
  • Pet Fuse box Raffle: 1000 Donator Tickets - Weekly Raffle
  • Blood Chest Raffle: 250 Blood Money - 3 Day Raffle
  • Grand Prize Key: 250 Blood Money - 3 Day Raffle
  • $100 Bond: 1000 Blood Money - Weekly Raffle

Anyone can enter any amount of times, on no matter how many accounts. Remember that it is a raffle, so buying more tickets doesn't exactly increase your chances of winning, it just increases your amount of being selected since you are also increasing the amount of slots taken up in the raffle(Double Edged Sword)

4. Stone Tablet: New "teleport tab" that would allow you to teleport out of the wilderness while teleblocked. Each tablet will cost 1,000 BM. They will not be obtainable anywhere besides the BM shop, and these will be untradable. They will also dissapear when you die with them in your inventory.

Edited by Kellatha

1. Minigame nice +1 

2. Noty to those blood perks

3. No need to reward pvm kills, would just be a cape basically made for the VIP bots like pjer and his 12 vip accounts

4. Sure why not +1

Server wide raffle sounds very nice too so + 1, rest dont really care for.

Edited by Max Avon
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Max Avon said:

3. No need to reward pvm kills, would just be a cape basically made for the VIP bots like pjer and his 12 vip accounts

True but he would need to do immense grinding to qualify for a ele comp cape, let alone also get 100K boss kills for the cape.

Suggestions
1. Minigame sounds like Kharazi Jungle, maybe do a re-work of the kharazi jungle (add some things in from RuneX) instead of making an entire new minigame?

2. Considering the blood tree is already something you need to get in order to get Elemental Completionist cape, making people spend another 350.000 bloodmoney (1.4T in current economy) seems outrageous, the completionist capes should stay achievements instead of buyables IMO. The current completionist system makes it harder and harder to get completionist. I don't see a problem in making it harder, but do it due to an increase in grinding, instead of an increase in payment you need to fulfill.

3. If those capes were added, make them a resking for elemental completionist cape, so instead of just farming 100k bosses it actually shows something.

4. Don't really agree but don't really care as well

Tweaks

1. Why not

2. Sure

3. Agreed, T-Bow is BiS for basically everything now.

4. Don't know if that's the case but if so, fix it yes.

5. Sure, shouldnt be too hard to add I'd imagine

Cash Sinks

1. There's already a lack of prize keys since the removal of the old revenant caves, so I don't think this is a good idea.

2. Sure

3. Sounds fun, but it would probably need a max amount of entries each person, in order to give everyone a fair chance.

4. NO, singles is already dead and this would just completely break it.

8 hours ago, Hooke V2 said:

1. Minigame sounds like Kharazi Jungle, maybe do a re-work of the kharazi jungle (add some things in from RuneX) instead of making an entire new minigame?

1. There's already a lack of prize keys since the removal of the old revenant caves, so I don't think this is a good idea.

3. Sounds fun, but it would probably need a max amount of entries each person, in order to give everyone a fair chance.

1. Yeah it's meant to be similar to kharazi but with a group(co-op) and make it more interesting. 

1a. Are you sure because everytime I check the TP there's a huge amount of prize keys. With them being in the donator shop there will always be an absurd amount of them in the TP, especially right now when bulk donator tickets don't tend to sell for high prizes this is a "go to" item for players to purchase to sell instead of donator tickets. PS: There's 15 in the TP right now :P 

3. Well the point of raffles is to sink as much as we can, and if a rich person wants to spend 1T worth of tickets while the rest of the server wastes another 1T, that's way more than we could bargain for and does the whole point of "cash sink" well.

Edited by Kellatha

+1 on Minigame. Could potentially be an addition to the Kharazi jungle?

Blood perks: My only arguement against SOME perks is they are getting VERY expensive (in turn making retaining ele comp cape a massive expense as well)

• I think the "revenant" perks could be better suited as a "rare/very rare" drop from revenants that players can claim (whether this scroll is tradable or not) 
  • Blood king rings: I'm not entirely sure how i feel about this. If the upfront cost of the perk balanced out the potential "Op" of this +1.        On a side note: Blood ring of the gods(additional prayer bonus +x% smite bonus?)? Blood treasonous ring?(+2.5% stab weapon accuracy?) Blood Tyrannical ring?(+2.5% crush weapon accuracy?) Blood ring of suffering?(Larger all around defence bonus 'tank ring') All of those rings i feel are currently overlooked, and i believe it would be awesome to see some sort of use for them. I feel like those rings are simply outclassed by all of the current rings in game, which may be the reason they are overlooked.
  • War bonds: I don't see why not. Anything to add a "rare/"very rare" additional moneymaking to PKing.
  • Gate keeper 1/2: I think this is too expensive for the small benefit. Most of the spawnable "afk" monsters hardly drop anything worth sinking such a large amount of bm for. With an additional benefit on top of the extended spawner limit, maybe. 2-4 more spawns on a spawn-cycle will only save someone a few minutes of "Afk" per spawn.

Holy/unholy completionist cape: +1 if the stats of these capes are only applicable in their respective environments. Maybe add an "Enchanted completionist cape" for those that are capable of obtaining all 3 of the comp capes?

Donator zone potentials: +1. Dry streaks are annoying.

Tweaks:

• Grand ring (i): YES PLEASE. The current "value" on this ring is nearly identical to its lesser variant.
  • Coin shop: Noted dagg rings +1 - I'd say MAYBE "magic chest" imbue option, (but due to the LARGE amount of rings currently sitting in banks, this would likely cause a massive influx of imbued rings (which may be harmless coz only 1 blood shard each) but still...
  • Tbow: +1 This might make the revs weapons more commonly bought/sold.
  • Arch wyrm: +1. Can confirm it doesn't seem to be functioning.
  • Max hit dummies: YES YES YES! Would be awesome to see all the different effects of items. (Maybe add a "monster" dummy where pet/slayer helm effects can be shown?)

Cash sinks:

• I think the fix would be an ENTIRE donator store rework. Many of the items don't hold much value, which i believe is the reason the TP is sometimes flooded.

Shard sinks:

• Ancient mace: Would love to see more use out of this than just blood shards. Ancient mace (t)? 50% spec instead of 100%? More accuracy?
  • Frozen scimitar: Again, would love to see more use. Frozen scimitar (i)? Spec similar to ZGS?
  • D scim (or): I would say this would be more fitting in blood diamonds. D scim (or) imo is very niche but very useful when used properly.
  • V spear: Shards seem fair
  • Flamebursts: Shards seems fair.

Server wide raffles: +1

Stone tablet: There are already too many "broken" methods of escaping. No support.

Agree with all suggested changes! Blood King's Ring is a little too strong and I think Bowflexx's take on the rings is more favorable to me.

Edited by Kstyle