Jjs123456789

New punishment system/redemption

Would you guys support a redemption system for banned players? 

For example I was thinking they could add a visible jail cell in edgeville where jailed players or banned players could learn some humility and give back to the community. They could do this buy putting a thieving stand in the middle of the jail cell and banned players have to thieve a certain amount of money. Let’s say like 10-20b. Then they put it in a chest where players with less than 100 days of creation time can get some free cash. Also they could be aloud to talk, but if they flame anyone or break the rules via chat, then the ban is either permentant or their jail bond increases by 20b.

I wouldn't mind being able to stick rule breakers into a pillory like RS.

latest?cb=20111127013707

Edit: not sure why this is so small, can't bother to directly embed

Well the rules are in place for a reason. I for one was extremely lenient among the team and gave plenty of chances. I'd say it just depends on what staff member handles you because it's heavily dependent on them and your priors as to what punishment you'll receive.

5 minutes ago, Y I P K U said:

I wouldn't mind being able to stick rule breakers into a pillory like RS.

latest?cb=20111127013707

that sounds fun 

8 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Well the rules are in place for a reason. I for one was extremely lenient among the team and gave plenty of chances. I'd say it just depends on what staff member handles you because it's heavily dependent on them and your priors as to what punishment you'll receive.

Well maybe it could be implemented for scammers or minor issues. For example if the player scammed 800b, they would have to pickpocket 800b to be back in the game. Also if they added tags in front of rule breakers name like [SCAMMER] then they would never be able to gamble, scam or trade again.

For the safety of the players both victim and rule breaker we shouldn't need to do this. Players have been known to downgrade to malicious intentions from games and as such if we publicly show them to the entire server that they are a rule breaker this can be a gateway for those players to get targeted with malicious intentions. The punishment and appeal sections are off limits for that sole reason, to protect the identity of such players and just because they are rule breakers doesn't mean we should strip them from everything and treat them like animals.

I think the time taken to implement this wouldn't be worthwhile. We already have a warning that pops up once you log in, and most staff members do give at least 1 warning depending on the severity of the offense before any issue gets too out of hand. 

f4b98b104394708f5196c8145d476107.png