Sign in to follow this  
Cyclop

Right-clicking Fix (Ubuntu)

There are not many Linux users, but I have found a fix for Linux (Ubuntu, specifically) when you cannot right-click within the client. I was told I'd be helped out, but 12 days later and there was no response, so I dug into it myself.

It may not be necessary, but if you've launched it (or tried) before and everything from step 1 and on doesn't get it to work, delete the cache with  the following command where Username_here is your username on the computer:

sudo rm -rf /home/Username_here/.spawnpk-data/ /home/Username_here/.spawnpk

1) Verify if you have any versions of Java, JDK (Java Development Kit) or JRE (Java Runtime Environment) already installed. Open up your Terminal, then type the following command:

sudo apt list --installed | grep -i java

AND

sudo apt list --installed | grep -i jre

2) If you have versions installed, you'll need to uninstall them with the following command:

sudo apt remove package_name_goes_here

It'll ask you to confirm, make sure you complete this part or else it will not get removed.

3) Once all versions are removed, you now need to install the proper JDK/JRE, use the following command:

sudo apt install openjdk-8-jre

Here's what the package looks like if just searching for it with this command:

sudo apt search jre

auAyE8v.png

4) Now, download the client if you haven't already. Navigate to that path within your terminal, on my machine, it's in the downloads folder, let's go there:

cd /home/dylan/Downloads

5) Now launch the client by using the following command:

java -jar SPK.jar

If it launched properly, it should update and delete the old version. When it launches, it will launch in full screen, just wait for it to finish updating and get to the login screen, then you can resize it.

Here's what it looks like when it's successful:

2Kft1HN.png

If anyone see's an issue with this guide, please leave me some feedback.

Edited by Cyclop
  • Like 1

Thanks for sharing this, I personally didn't have this problem on Linux but have seen it on Windows

Client up to date!
Launching at -Xmx2048m
Detected non-windows operating system

Wont load for me just closes :/

Edited by I Maj I