Sign in to follow this  
kolossus

Tiny client

So when i loaded spk today, my client didnt have its usual size. It's tiny! Like when you're on a very high resolution and everything is so small. The thing is I didnt adjust my resolution settings and adjusting zoom and such doenst help much either. I did not have this issue yesterday though. 

Are there any config settings perhaps that could help me?

Btw I did already try just deleting the spk cache and data but to no avail, any help is apreciated, thanks.

This might sound rather obvious, but have you tried changing the adjustable screen / fixed screen size setting on the client.

I'ts in the settings tab when you're logged in.

Worth a try.

1 hour ago, cj said:

This might sound rather obvious, but have you tried changing the adjustable screen / fixed screen size setting on the client.

I'ts in the settings tab when you're logged in.

Worth a try.

I did that, on adjustable I get a larger screen but everything stays small. Also I noticed I need the click with the middle of my mouse not with the point.

Also updating java didnt solve the issue.

Edited by kolossus

52 minutes ago, kolossus said:

I did that, on adjustable I get a larger screen but everything stays small. Also I noticed I need the click with the middle of my mouse not with the point.

Also updating java didnt solve the issue.

hmm interesting, might i suggest that you delete the client entirely and re-download.

Apart from that, I don't know what else to suggest sorry.

Definitely an odd issue.

15 minutes ago, cj said:

hmm interesting, might i suggest that you delete the client entirely and re-download.

Apart from that, I don't know what else to suggest sorry.

Definitely an odd issue.

Did that to no avail.

Reinstalled java, nothing. Also the repair tool doesnt show everything I think, I can only see a couple issues to fix but noway to click next or fix or whatever the button should be.

I kinda fixed it, I opened the client, opened task manager, right click on the java platform went to properties and disabled display scaling on high DPI settings. It fixes it, kind of. It has a normal size but the buttons and such on the loadout screen are now out of proportion.

Still not sure what caused it exactly but the game is much more playable now, no need to set zoom to something crazy like 175%.

Well fyi windows fix compability issues does not help, 1 client open and I get this (screenshot).

ogCbeS0.jpg

Edited by kolossus

3 minutes ago, Y I P K U said:

@kolossus is that the "Windows 8" compatibility mode, I'm guessing you currently use 10?

Yup it was, no bueno that one. I'm on 10 indeed.

3 minutes ago, kolossus said:

Nope only 8,7,vista sp1/2

: S, That's probably the problem with that. 

8 stopped being supported like 6 years ago, it now has a lot of issues, most OS with 8 upgrade to 8.1 by default. Since it's not your PC's original OS, I'm not sure if there's a way to enable 8.1+ in compatibility mode

On a side note I'm guessing you're using a high-res 4k screen?

4 minutes ago, Y I P K U said:

: S, That's probably the problem with that. 

8 stopped being supported like 6 years ago, it now has a lot of issues, most OS with 8 upgrade to 8.1 by default. Since it's not your PC's original OS, I'm not sure if there's a way to enable 8.1+ in compatibility mode

On a side note I'm guessing you're using a high-res 4k screen?

Nah it's just 1080p, and ive played on this screen alot without issues. I'm not sure what caused them suddenly...