Sign in to follow this  
Ramzi

[Official] YouTube Summer Event

YouTube Summer Event 

SpawnPK is hosting a new YouTube Event where players will have the chance to win free prizes.
Every player that participates in the event will automatically receive a $5 bond! 
This is the biggest event in the history of SpawnPK so please look below to see how you can participate: 

What is the event?

• For a month, players will post videos regarding SpawnPK
  • This event's rewards system will be determined by a point system (which will be listed below) 
  • Every video that meets the credentials (listed below) will count as 1 point
  • The more videos, the more points, the more rewards 

What are the video credentials? 

• Videos can be about anything within the game, as long as it doesn’t contain content within violation of the SpawnPK rules
  • Each video must be a minimum of 3 minutes, and be uploaded within the event's time frame 
  • Video must include "SpawnPK" in the title 
  • Video description must include a link to the server 
  • Create a topic for your video(s) in the media section (click here) with “[YT-Event]” in the title 
  • Recorded live streams do not qualify as videos for this event

When is the event? 

• Start: July 20th 2018
  • End: August 20th 2018 

What are the rewards? 

• Each qualified video is worth 1 point
  • Point reward system: 
    • 1-2 points: $5 bond 
    • 3  points: $10 bond ($15 total)
    • 4-5 points: $20 bond ($35 total)
    • 7-9 points $30 bond ($95 total)
    • 10 or more points $45 ($140 total)

Not only will you receive rewards from the point system but also: 

• The player with the most points will receive an extra $100 bond
  • The player with the second most points will receive an extra $50 bond 
    • If there is a tie, the winner will be determined by video quality 
  • The player with the best overall video will receive an extra $50 bond

Since you already will be making videos, make sure to take a look at the SpawnPK Youtuber Program:

Winners will be announced in late August.
Thank you for participating and good luck on winning! 

This is pretty cool. I think it would be really nice to add a views = point system so people don't put down something like killing kbd for 3:01 seconds. Obviously that won't get lot's of views but it will just be a fast video that you can make. More views = More points. 250 views = 1 point?

Edit: Also try making it so that a video will have to be a 720p or higher to qualify?

Edited by Doggy

7 minutes ago, Doggy said:

This is pretty cool. I think it would be really nice to add a views = point system so people don't put down something like killing kbd for 3:01 seconds. Obviously that won't get lot's of views but it will just be a fast video that you can make. More views = More points. 250 views = 1 point?

Edit: Also try making it so that a video will have to be a 720p or higher to qualify?

We do not believe a minimum view count is necessary.

I would like to also state that any low quality or low effort videos will not be accepted either. 

4 minutes ago, Ramzi said:

We do not believe a minimum view count is necessary.

I would like to also state that any low quality or low effort video will not be accepted either. 

Cool beans. but what I meant from the view count is that views = points. so if you got 200 views you get 1 point, so on and so on. no punishement for the low view vids. I think this would make players do more interesting videos because those would attract more views which would ultimately give them more points in return.

Edited by Doggy

47 minutes ago, Doggy said:

I like the idea of extra props / benefits for views / likes / referral clicks for our sponsored youtubers, as we should expect nothing but the best from them ;).

Getting 1000 views in under 24 hours is not something that's easily done, it shouldn't even be in the same class to someone with 30 views in a day. 

2 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

I like the idea of extra props / benefits for views / likes / referral clicks for our sponsored youtubers, as we should expect nothing but the best from them ;).

Getting 1000 views in under 24 hours is not something that's easily done, it shouldn't even be in the same class to someone with 30 views in a day. 

I mean you're right. 1k views under 24 hrs much less 8 hours. 

When would you be given the bonds? like would it be at the end of the event. also how would you know that someone has uploaded?

can it just be me playing the game for like 3 hours? that's 3 hours of effort in to the game, and it doesn't matter about the view count either right? 

"base the rewards off the view count, likes, etccccc." 

ya fuck new youtubers that would like to participate but will have a disadvantage the whole time because they didnt have an established youtube channel