Y I P K U

Y I P K U's Staff Application

About Myself: 

Spoiler

My name is Alfred (My friends call me Al),  I'm from the; Big Easy, Birthplace of Jazz, and City of Mystery and Music: New Orleans, Louisiana. My occupation is Finish Carpenter. I come from a long line of Carpenters.

My In-game Activity:

Spoiler

I've Played SpawnPK on and off for about 2~ years or so (possibly longer, not exactly sure), making my most recent return in about December. When possible I spend  3-6 hours 5~ days a week in-game (not AFK), sometimes more, sometimes less, depending on how busy I am. As SPK has no logout timer I leave my account in a lot, I try to leave it logged in whenever my PC is on. If I'm logged in that day, I atleast try to spend some amount of time not AFK. I do play during the day, but my most active hours are during nighttime for the US. This is not the case 100% of the time. 

Past Staff Experience:

Spoiler

I honestly don't have any experience with staffing a RSPS. I Held the rank of Council/Warlord in one clan and had access to the Mod Control Panel of the forums. They had a dedicated forum staff which that was his only job (he also hosted the site), so I never had to use it much. No experience outside of leadership duties while in clan's. Maybe this is a chance?

Future Plans & Goals:

Spoiler

This is going to sound really general but I want to see SpawnPK improve, we all know there's a some room for improvement. I'm not saying I CAN improve it but I may be able to help. This would be one my ultimate goals. Most of it would be to do with QoL/Bigfixes/PvP, but maybe I'll learn more/enough to eventually branch out a bit. I'll try to help as much as possible in the areas/in-game where I can.

What I Bring to the Table: 

Spoiler

Most of my expertise would be in bugfixes/QoL/PvP/Combat. I'm not gonna lie and say I would that I would be the best staffermen rank ever/be able to help every single person while enjoying it. If I'm helping someone, I'm doing it because it's what's best for the game. I have knowledge of Runescape that's accumulated from either first hand experience or other players. I've not played SPK anywhere near as long, but I still have an understanding of how the majority of the game works. I've always been an avid gamer and played a lot other games that share core mechanics/logic with Runescape such as; MUDS/CRPG/TPRG's, the games where Runescape's mechanics directly descend from.

Spoiler

They invented/defined: AC which is basically PiD, speed factor, attack speed/range, poison/disease, damage soak, weapon reach, inventory management, RNG/combat/stat formulas, movement speed, healing, casting time, experience system, character classes, bonus scaling, the combat triangle (theirs albeit an octagon), hit/damage rolls, item weight, energy, and 1000's of other mechanics. Do any of those sound familiar? That's because the Gower Trio copypasted them from Advanced D&D's 2nd Edition Handbook. The only thing different is RS has realtime combat, which the Gower's made similar as possible to D&D with their tick system, truly genius. They modeled Runescape after their D&D experiences.

My Weaknesses: 

Spoiler

I'm still learning about the game, I learn more each day, it's literally possible to learn something new everytime I login. I hope me learning more about the game can be beneficial to everyone.

I can't come up with the most unique content, I can only critique existing content or pitched ideas. I'm not an asshole/judgmental, I'm just very unoriginal.

My work schedule is kinda strange with odd hours. I also try getting together with my friends as often as possible to practice or play live, this leaves my active in-game hours to mostly the dead hours of SPK. This isn't 100% of the time, I am active during the daytime some people can vouch for that. 

Because where I AFK/how I respond my activity may look a little less than it actually is. I respond to most players either through PM or an alt when they ask for help in yell/help cc. I AFK at spots with no players, allowing me to scroll through yell/help. I PM because I'm sometimes a bit late to answer. An alt is used in yell/help because I feel weird when I'm the only one responding/it just looks weird if it's only me responding. 

Anyway I'm pretty sure everyone knows it by now, but I'm very blunt, I don't sugarcoat things or beat around the bush. A flaw in character, I'm in no way perfect.

The boring part, I could sum this up into "I Pk U". It's probably best to skip over this, it's just included if you want to know me a little better.
I've More or less played Runescape since RS2 was out of the beta phase. Most of my Runescape playstyle has been about Pking and clanning.

A little about my past on Runescape/RSPS: 

Spoiler

The early days: 

Spoiler

I was a noob main for years like everyone else until I found out about pure builds. In those days range/melee pures didn't really use magic as it was fairly new to the game and expensive. So I stuck with melee, most my pking was PJing/cheesing people with an Addy 2h at Varrock multi. Once the game evolved a little more I was mainly a f2p range 2h PKer, I was starting to learn about ticks, slides, stacks, and more mechanics. During this time I also PKed with/against masser clans like Chefs, T, PB, v0p, DS, SP, EP (EP ended up merging with FO to create FOE), etc. Fun days, I still kept my main through playing RS but it was mostly to fund my other accounts. PvP/freetrade was eventually removed.

Removal of Wild/Solo BH:

Spoiler

I leveled my highest pure into a zerker, all I did was med crater BH PK, the amount of loot in there was unreal. This is where I refined my understanding of combat. I ended up reaching a pretty high rank on the rogue highscores only after the removal of multizones, the people above me at the time were people like Edgv1l, Bwuk Im Pb and his alt, Fear Scims, 3hitu, Craven, Pn0y, mostly people who who sat by the middle vieworb with their respective clans. I mostly stuck to the edges of the crater because it was possible to leave before the kill timer started, a clan wasn't needed. After the timer was fixed I started slacking off, but I still held an "ok" spot until BH crater was removed and PvP worlds added (rank 80~ after w18 BH world was added years later). 

The multi/clan years:

Spoiler

During the PvP time the game went through major changes such as; Dung, Summ, HC, Korasi, ancient prayers, PvP items, etc. All but one clan changed their mentality from being honor clans to no honour (before this if you were NH in anyway you had to join one of the few singles teams, not a clan). Because of how good the new content was/clan changes, I transitioned from mostly solo p2p/f2p pking to p2p solo/clanning, joining some of the clans that are still around today. I played until the release of legacy combat or whatever was right before EOC. During that time what was the "1st/original" Runescape clan closed, they were one of the last official clans to do so, I knew the game was dead.

OSRS/RSPS:

Spoiler

I played RSPS' a little before but as no one PKed on RS3, I played private servers until OSRS was released. After a few years I didn't like the direction the game was going (no direction) so I returned to Pking on RSPS'. Jagex no longer possessed many of their skilled former employee's that built every bit of the game from ABSOLUTELY NOTHING; MMG, Mark H, Fetzki, Bennet, Mod Benny, Chris L, Rathe, Mod Pi, more importantly Ian and Paul Gower. Most importantly Andrew Gower and Constant Tedder.

A request: 

Alright enough about me, I feel like this is a chance for me to get to know everyone/know the community (and everyone to know eachother) a little better. I'm asking if you respond to this post (even if a no/abstaining/undecided and or trolling) that you take a little time to include something about yourself either RS/RSPS and or IRL or your thoughts on SpawnPK. It can honestly be anything such as: How do you enjoy spending your freetime? What do you like doing in-game? Do you have any hobbies? What do you like/dislike about SpawnPK? What's your favorite food(s)? What country are you from/do you travel anywhere? Biggest pet peeve? ANYTHING.

I have to say this is probably the best staff application I have seen out of everyone who has applied for it, including my own. Very well formatted, color coded, and a over all very professional look! I was very amazed to see all the content you put in here for your application instead of the boring and dull regular staff application format. Every inch of this shows that you are really dedicated and very serious about this, which is a huge plus on your part. You are no stranger here on the server and definitely not on to the staff team as most of us are very well aware of what you bring to the table. Your time zone has a very huge part to play into having you onto the team, along with your amazing suggestion threads you've made before regarding QoL updates, future items suggestions along with addressing a large amount of current in game problems surrounding content/items. From the application and reputation alone I have you give a very well earned +1, and I look forward to having you on the staff team with us.

Moving on to a more personal opinion about you, I have nothing bad to say about you. I've never seen you mad and everytime we've bumped into each other in the wilderness you have been really friendly. Despite your gear looking really aggressive and looking like your going to pick a fight with the entire server and cuss them out, you are just the opposite of that. We've talked plenty on the forums regarding content for the server, both current and upcoming. I honestly say that you are second to none about having a lot of knowledge about SPK, and runescape in general. The only one who could compare to you would be Ti, who also made a HUGE bug fix threat for Ryan to tackle. I expect a lot of great things out of you, and as far as i've seen you surely deliver. Nothing but potential and knowledge is what I see here in you, Y I P K U.

Server Activity: 10/10, European timezone when American is a HUGE plus plus. When we are all offline you are online. Something we desperately need after losing JP from the team.

Forums Activity: 10/10. Fully involved in suggestion threads/general discussions about the server/bug reports, etc. Very resourceful and credible when it comes to the forums.

Attitude: 10/10. Player is always friendly, never mad, never sarcastic or trolling. Takes his feedback and threads seriously, and is never disrespectful when debating.

Overall: 10/10. Highly recommend for the team :) 

It's about damn time!  Give this man a position. Kellatha 2.0 when it comes to forums. Always helping people with computer issues and server issues on the forums. 

A great person in general, makes me want to sit at rock crabs all day and just chat.

Only thing that i see bringing him down is that i don't see him in yell or help cc to often but i bet if you put him in the ::staff location and players private messaged him, he would do a great job helping.

+1 Perfect for the position if you ask me.

Thanks for the support guys, it means a lot. I appreciate the feedback, and hope to use it best as I can.

Small world Ryan :O, A buddy and I play pool in Gulfport! I spend a lot of time in Mississippi, it's a beautiful place.

Out of everyone applying and once being a moderator and seeing how you are on a day to day basis you are 100% deserved a position on the staff team you bring so much to the table that we are in need of. +1 would be crazy not to accept you, i wish you the best of luck Alfred i see this going very well for you!

• Like 1

Helps at forums, appears to know a lot of client problems, seems nice guy overall. (I don't know about game behavior because I'm banned, But I bet pretty much same there.) 

Support from me! +1

I've known this guy for over a year now and i've always seen him be very helpful and kind, he's always been a good friend to me.

Since ive been of and on here on Spawnpk i don't know how he's been like the past couple of months but since the day i posted on forums i needed help with JAVA he was the first one to help me out, and thanks to him i was able to solve my problem.

i fully support this guy his application for staff and i wish for him that he gets to the place he desires.

xoxo - Plak

+1

Would like to see another rank for you though.

I read some of your ''Bug fixes'' and ''QoL'' topics, and it is really astonishing what you are writing.

I personally would give you a rank which would give you acces to a ''copy'' of spawnPK to actually test different items, bugs and whatever more, just to improve the gameplay of others. It would fit u even more perfect than helper, moderator or super-moderator rank.

(Leaking new updates will have consequences though)

Good luck

• Like 2