croocodile

Ridiculous

I made a few mistakes on SpawnPk, one of them being macroing, the other being making a joke about ddosing someone. While I did do a bit of macroing, the staff has been holding a stupid joke against my head for about two months now. I hope to explain where I am coming from and why this whole situation is pretty stupid in the upcoming paragraph. First of all, the guy I made a "ddos threat" against was a ragger, who had been tagging me for hours that day, and I was getting to be quite frustrated and annoyed. At some point, I was risk fighting with other people, and he kept pjing both of us off of each other, so I kept saying to my opponent to "hit him off". Obviously when I am saying to "hit him off" I am obviously referring to his pjing our fight, and I am directly asking my opponent to hit him off so we can continue fighting. At some point, I tried to lighten the mood, as both of us were getting frustrated by this raggers actions, and I said "hit him offline". I dont know about everyone else, but to me and my opponent during that fight, it was just a quick laugh and nothing more. I had no way of obtaining my raggers ip address, and as far as I am aware neither did my opponent, and on top of that I literally have no idea how to ddos someone in the first place. Regardless, the ragger decided to screenshot me saying that, and pull it out of context and claim that I was literally trying to encourage someone to hack and ddos him. This stupid joke has impacted my punishment for my other offense, which was macroing. I made a script to bot thieving stalls, and wrongly used it to benefit from the server without actually playing. This I completely acknowledge was a huge mistake on my part, however, does that really warrant an IPban from the server? A botting offense on Runescape is literally a 3 day ban, followed by a 1 month ban, followed by a permanent ban, at least from my past experiences. To put things into perspective, this is a Runescape Private Server, and while I understand that rules and regulations still matter on here, there is a clear overreaction to various offenses displayed on this server. The joke that I made is being held against my head as justification for making my macroing ban permanent, when I am sure in any other case my ban should not have exceeded 1 month. To conclude and summarize this lengthy rant, I made a simple joke to lighten the mood of being ragged for literally 4 to 5 hours, and that same joke has been used as justification to make what otherwise likely would have been a temporary ban into a permanent, IPban. I have played many servers in the past, and never before have I seen such a ridiculous reaction to a joke or a botting offense. 

Edited by croocodile

You could try to write an appeal in the 'appeal an offence' if you truly think you were making a simple 'joke' but I feel like there's more to the case than just you saying 'Hit him offline'. But if it is then maybe you could sort it out. I'd recommend this format.

• The punished username:
  • The time/data you were punished:
  • The staff member who punished you:
  • The punishment you received (Ban, ipban, UIDban, mute,...):
  • The rule you broke to be punished:
  • Why should you be unpunished:
  • Other information:

edit; adding format 

Edited by Melancholy
adding format

I already tried appealing twice, and I have realized that with staff who cant see beyond a stupid joke its a waste of time to even attempt to appeal. Apparently making a joke and macroing is worthy of a permanent IPban by Kellatha's logic. When me and Kellatha spoke about the ddosing incident it had seemed that they had understood, however, instead of going past it as they claimed, they continued to hold it against me during future offenses, and utilized it as a justification to give me a permanent ban for a simple macroing offense...

I can't just dismiss what you have done on the server. Being the nice person I am I let you still play on the server even after that DDoS encouragement. Sure maybe you never did do it, but you still made the threat. By your logic, you are implying that if you go and commit a murder IRL and then shortly rape a girl the next day, that would have nothing to do with each other and should have absolutely no impact on the individual charges. Maybe just maybe, if you had paid attention to when I referred you to the rules the first time, and mind you I was pretty strict on letting you know that this would be your final and last warning before being banned off the server.

Look at the rules you violated: 

6: DDoSing

• DDoSing (or threatening to ddos a player/the server) is a serious offense and will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
  • This also includes distributing a players or the server's partial/full IP address and other similar information.

3: Macroing

• Using third party software to gain an advantage over another player (Autoclicker) etc.

Do you see that both of those are listed under bannable offense? Hacking threats/encouraging hacking are almost always an instant IP ban off the server. Joke or not, encouraged or not, and even if you attempted or didn't attempt to do so, we don't take joking lightly here. Consider yourself lucky you kept on playing after the ddos threat mind you (by my good grace), yet wasn't long after that where you decided to mess up and continue to break the rules. Was the botting a joke as well?

I've got players to protect and I don't want any hackers running lose, and that includes people who are joking around pretending to be hackers. It doesn't matter if it was a joke or not. It could of been directed to a regular player, perhaps a staff member, and even to an owner himself. Obviously the more important standing the player has in the community the worse the punishment, but things like that can not just slide by.

I might even want to add that an unban could be arranged on the circumstance that you are permanently muted but the fact you broke the macro rule as well I don't want to risk you in the community as you are now a liability. It's not hard to follow the rules and you had every opportunity to do so. I gave you a second chance, I don't believe in thirds. Topic locked.