Sign in to follow this  
Kellatha

Incoming PvP Suggestions!

Heya guys back at it again with some suggestions only this time it's mostly PvP content. Feel free to drop some feedback/tweak around the suggestions to further improve it. Community feedback is always appreciated and always deeply taken into consideration.

Revenant Cave: As you guys know revenants are pretty good money making at the moment, and what i'm suggesting to make it much more active is to add revenant ether as a drop for them. Since we're adding ether, make all revenants in wlderness do damage to players through prayer(to prevent afking) and it would be optional to make them do damage in non wildy revs since you can't afk those. Once we got those down we can add in the ethereum bracelet like on OSRS, and would go based off on ether charges to prevent full damage from revs. (Bracelet working like OSRS could allow you to afk revs but if you get pk'd you lose your ether charges on revs). Ether can be added to the coin shop to be sold for coin. I'd recommend a 1M sell value to the coin shop per ether(100 Ether=100M) See OSRS wiki for the official contet: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Bracelet_of_ethereum

Additionally, they can also be added to drop "Ancient Artefacts" see osrs wiki for more details: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Ancient_artefact  with some improved sell rates to the emblem trader.

• Emblem: 5M cash turn in 1/15
  • Totem: 10M cash turn in 1/20
  • Statuette: 20M cash turn in 1/25
  • Medallion: 40M cash turn in 1/30
  • Effigy: 80M cash turn in 1/40
  • Relic: 150M cash turn in 1/75

Wilderness Boss: This would be a roaming wilderness boss that goes through out the wilderness from multi to single combat zones to encourage bossing and clanning for the community. This boss could be like Unholy cursebearer/Skotzio that hits really hard melee hits even through prayer(50-60s), and could only be hit by magic. This is to provide an extra challenge for killing the boss and making it content worth lasting. Boss would be immune to range/melee hits and immune to venom/poison. The boss could be limited to every 15-30 minutes and in case no one kills it and it isn't in combat for a minute, it can respawn with full health. When spawned in/dying it will announce via yell that the boss has spawned in X level of the wilderess. When being killed it will announced "Ryan has killed the Unholy Cursebearer!" See below for drop table:

• Guranteed: Coins: 15-25M
  • Uncommon: Blood Money: 6-12 (1/25)
  • Uncommon: Vote Tickets: 1-3 (1/50)
  • Rare: Korasi (1/350)
  • Rare: Black Tourmaline Core (1/500)
  • Ultra Rare: Purple Slayer Helm (1/1000) - If Skotzio
  • Ultra Rare: Grand Prize Key (1/750) - If Unholy Cursebearer

Black Tourmaline Core(Guardian Boots): As seen in the drop table above, this is a add on item similar to crystals(Pegasian, Primordial, Eternal crystals) that you can use on bandos boots to upgrade them into Guardian boots. They will work the same as osrs: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Guardian_boots refer to the link. They might have some slightly improved bonuses like extra strength bonus(slight not major). These are essentially tanking boots, so all you divine/dhin huggers will love these boots. These boots can be added to the BH shop to keep BH points enticing. These boots(core) are not autokept/and are tradable.

Cursed Void Rings: Before you jump on the "No more custom items boat" this is are rings that go hand in hand with the void gear sets and will not provide any offensive boosts as void is already OP. This item will be TRADABLE, and not auto kept. These rings will offer a 5% defense boost when using void sets to try and even out the lacking defensive stats that void/cursed void has. See table below for more information.

A.) Cursed Berserker Ring: Same stats as a berserker(i) but will provide a 5% defensive boost when using full void.

B.) Cursed Archers Ring: Same stats as archers(i) but will provide a 5% defensive boost when using full void.

C.) Cursed Seers Ring: Same stats as seers(i) but will provide a 5% defensive boost when using full void.

Infernal Harpoon: Added as an additional drop from wildywyrm, this harpoon will have a chance to cook your dark crabs as you are fishing them in the wilderness. It will also life the requirement of having to buy the dark fishing bait to fish dark crabs. Also grants a small chance to reward you with blood diamonds when fishing. Also grants X2 fishing XP and x2 cooking XP when a fish is cooked, stackable with genie/x2 xp lamp. See wiki for more info: http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Infernal_harpoon

Sponsor Fishing: Add a fishable spot to fish for dark crabs. Would require triple the amount of dark crab fishing bait to fish them. Infernal harpoon also waives this increased fee.

Sponsor Thieving stalls: Same as elite zone thieving stalls but with a little bit more coin per thieve and higher chances for blood money/donator tickets/and a very rare chance at blood diamonds. See rates below.

• Guranteed: Coins 1.25M ∞/1
  • Uncommon: 1-5 Blood Money 1/15
  • Rare: 1-4 Donator Tickets 1/50
  • Very Rare: 1 Blood Diamond 1/500

Additional tamed cerberus spawns: Add a tamed cerberus to VIP zone, and another in sponsor zone. Donation rank will scale here, so the higher your donator rank the higher the drop rate bonus you have on these cerb's (Optional: Sponsors can melee attack tamed cerberus.)

Very well laid out. Amazing ideas. Especially the wilderness boss. Good job GRILL. 

-1 to cursed void rings about the others i dont think they will even help pking but my best suggestion for pking is the spec generation it shouldnt be that fast i dont see it in any other server where u could spec 3-4 times in 1 fight just doesnt make sense and please please dont fuck up the server more then it is with pking it has enough customs already

Revs: Great suggestion, increasing risk vs reward. It could use a bit of tweaking (some number refining) but I'm all for this. The damage they do through prayer will probably need some tweaking as defense bonus on here isn't great.

Wilderness boss: Y E S (this may actually be a boss that feels like a challenge and isn't boring afkmanmode) It would be nice if a boss of this caliber had some AI. Also "hot spots"/"deadzones" of the wildy should be taken into it's pathing/locations it visits, it may be good thing that it visits one spot but not a good thing when it visits another. This could make the wild more "full".

Guardian boots: Y  E  S

Void rings: Support as long as they can't be used to replace avoid item, as in can't be used take the spot of a helm/pair of gloves. People are going to think 5% defense sounds op but a 5% increase of low bonuses is minimal. 5% of nothing is still nothing. Getting hit every time is still getting hit every single time. Also I'm wondering how they will be obtained, based on recent feedback of customs, the rings should be pretty hard to get your hands on/shouldn't be many in-game for a while.

Infernal harpoon: I'm on board, does skilling actually give blood diamonds though? Could this be 100% confirmed. I remember even asking you this before and you were unsure, (you tested a few inves, no diamonds).

Sponsor fishing: Support. Could dark crab bait be added to the drop table of an NPC. Maybe from kraken?

Sponsor thieving: Some probably won't support this but I do. Sponsor should have more benefits than a pink sparkly diamond. If anything this will be used by people who're cleaned after becoming rich but want to stick around/rebuild.

Cerb: Unsure, may crash mchest/some items. Kinda seems OP with increased DR, it's really hard for me to not call this a direct p2w, I can see supporting it without that. Also wasn't melee/yoshi etc disabled on Cerb so people couldn't DH it? Like above, sponsor should have more benefits/perks but I'm unsure if p2w is it. 

I cant disagree with anything you said. Literally good af suggestions @Kellatha. Well those relic prices could be a bit higher. +1 on all

Like most of the ideas.  Iffy on void rings and revs tho.

Revs have soo many teams as is you hardly make it 15 minutes without being attacked ny a team this would make them clan only and dead content.  Imagine joining the server playing 2 hours getting a bp and trying to farm them while risking 5% of your bank for a 1 in 2k drop.  I want to quit just thinking about it. 

Add 1 cerb to vip maybe that's it rest is up there with p2w.

Like the rest

I'd love to see a Donator zone where every NPC is attackable by DONATORS, instead of making 6 out of 7 SD+ npc's…?

I don't like the void rings. Like you said void is already OP, adding these rings would just dismiss the biggest weakness of void and make it more OP. 

I don't mind the other ideas.

6 hours ago, Ichi said:

Very well laid out. Amazing ideas. Especially the wilderness boss. Good job GRILL. 

Ty4support :D 

6 hours ago, oag said:

-1 to cursed void rings about the others i dont think they will even help pking but my best suggestion for pking is the spec generation it shouldnt be that fast i dont see it in any other server where u could spec 3-4 times in 1 fight just doesnt make sense and please please dont fuck up the server more then it is with pking it has enough customs already

We can look into that. It doesn't help when we have pets that restore special attack ontop of regular regeneration. Also Vigour(I) saves a lot of spec, and might be speeding up spec recovery. I'll let Ryan know about this.

6 hours ago, Y I P K U said:

Void rings: Support as long as they can't be used to replace avoid item, as in can't be used take the spot of a helm/pair of gloves. People are going to think 5% defense sounds op but a 5% increase of low bonuses is minimal. 5% of nothing is still nothing. Getting hit every time is still getting hit every single time. Also I'm wondering how they will be obtained, based on recent feedback of customs, the rings should be pretty hard to get your hands on/shouldn't be many in-game for a while.

Infernal harpoon: I'm on board, does skilling actually give blood diamonds though? Could this be 100% confirmed. I remember even asking you this before and you were unsure, (you tested a few inves, no diamonds).

Sponsor fishing: Support. Could dark crab bait be added to the drop table of an NPC. Maybe from kraken?

Cerb: Unsure, may crash mchest/some items. Kinda seems OP with increased DR, it's really hard for me to not call this a direct p2w, I can see supporting it without that. Also wasn't melee/yoshi etc disabled on Cerb so people couldn't DH it? Like above, sponsor should have more benefits/perks but I'm unsure if p2w is it. 

Oh no they won't replace a void item. They should be obtainable by using cursed relics on the imbued dagganoth rings. They could be open to interpretation towards somewhere else, perhaps actual void rings in the BH shop, or maybe some love towards the slayer shop. As for infernal tools giving blood diamonds, I believe Ryan has said they do just really rare. I'll ask him about it again, maybe get him to buff the rates. As for dark crabs being dropped from a boss, sounds doable :P maybe like 5 per kill.

Finally, the cerb at dzone scales off on donator rank so the better your donator rank the higher your drop rate bonus is on it. Just asking for that same bonus to be applied to all extra cerbs in extra zones.

4 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

Great suggestions, would like to see the void rings for sure

Tyty <3 

2 hours ago, kegan said:

Revs have soo many teams as is you hardly make it 15 minutes without being attacked ny a team this would make them clan only and dead content.  Imagine joining the server playing 2 hours getting a bp and trying to farm them while risking 5% of your bank for a 1 in 2k drop.  I want to quit just thinking about it. 

Add 1 cerb to vip maybe that's it rest is up there with p2w.

P2w wouldn't apply because the tamed cerb in dzone already scales off of donator rank for extra drop rate bonus. Everyone complains about either cerb always being packed, we can alleviate some of that stress by having two extra ones at ::vip and ::sponsor . 

1 hour ago, E O O E VII said:

I'd love to see a Donator zone where every NPC is attackable by DONATORS, instead of making 6 out of 7 SD+ npc's…?

I'll speak to Ryan about dropping down a rank for some bosses. Rev's don't need to be Super+, and BC doesn't need to be VIP+. Revs can be regular donator and BC can be elites+. Might also speak to Ryan about adding a demonic gorilla or two to ::elite for VIPs+.

12 minutes ago, SexyAbortion said:

I don't like the void rings. Like you said void is already OP, adding these rings would just dismiss the biggest weakness of void and make it more OP. 

I don't mind the other ideas.

Well that's a viable option if not I proposed cursed void where the defensive stats would be increased a bit. Elite void is already untradable and auto kept, so there wont be harm in making it into cursed void with some added defensive bonuses compared to cursed void.

1+ To all sponsor suggestions, i feel like we should be able to spawn Revs, Even though it might be too op. sponsor isnt something everyone gets.

+1 to donator suggestions. Also can you guys add god wars to the game? thats such a big part of rs and would be cool to have

8 hours ago, tinywebos said:

+1 to donator suggestions. Also can you guys add god wars to the game? thats such a big part of rs and would be cool to have

We could but what unique drops would it have? It's pretty much dead content if we add in GWD only for it to have low wealth drops. Bandos/Armadyl are all really cheap, and if we add some generic drops like donator mystery box/mystery chest then that will just be another non important boss.