Sign in to follow this  
E O O E VII

How isn't this delayed?

When not timed 100% correctly based off weapon attack speed, prayer will either activate late or completely not activate till the next game cycle. You're activating protect from melee during your attack animation, you missed the timing. This is a mechanic of Runescape itself and effect's everything, pray switching, gear switching, etc. 

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Prayer_flicking#How_to_prayer_flick

http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/RuneScape_clock

1 minute ago, Y I P K U said:

When not timed 100% correctly based off weapon attack speed, prayer will either activate late or completely not activate till the next game cycle. You're activating protect from melee during your attack animation, you missed the timing. This is a mechanic of Runescape itself and effect's everything, pray switching, gear switching, etc. 

I'm not 100% sure on this tbh, while i get what you're saying - SpawnPK has a HUGE problem with this happening on a regular basis, even with appropriate timing.

Getting rather sick of it as well, as i clawed a 100 special attack today when damage caps are supposed to be at 80?

18 minutes ago, E O O E VII said:

Please explanation, how shit this system actually is.

We just need an update devoted to fixing all of the crap we've packed into this server

SpawnPK has a weird system in which we think it's okay to allow a player to eat and special attack IMMEDIATELY after - This also goes for certain instances in which you can speed up the time it takes to hit with a weapon (we patched a few, but there are still tons more).

9 hours ago, Phenomenon said:

eat and special attack IMMEDIATELY

I'll agree that shouldn't work as is. Eating should "delay" combat sequence, you should have a choice of dealing damage or recovering from damage, it shouldn't be possible to have the best of both worlds. How this should work/how it works is tricky. If the clip started about 2-3~ seconds before it did it would be much easier to tell what's exactly going on. I'm guessing it happens from the advanced tick system? Basically allowing you to spec 200ms or less after eating, like attack-eat-special attack to decrease the delay. It should be possible to "hide" attack animations but it shouldn't be possible to eat and hit directly after. (as of right now this seems to be working correct, last update fixed it?) It's still possible to do this with brews but potions have entirely different ticks/mechanics than food.

even with appropriate timing.

F3 response is "better" than it was but I admit it could be improved a lot. Prayer is still very buggy. I just don't think SPK's "delayed" prayer was the cause of this exact situations, an f3 before the magic animation against a quick weapon (bugged) attack. His magic animation/xp drop happens exactly when his opponent starts his animation, they're both attacking at the same time. There's far less than 100ms between the time protect melee was activated and when his opponent shows his special attack, his opponents xp drop was already there ("covered" by eating?), notice his own xp drop the exact moment of his opponent special attack, more evidence they're attacking "at the same time". Prayer was activated after barrage was queued, making prayer after barrage in the "combat sequence". The sequence was barrage/xpdrop-opponents dds-barrage damage shows-prayer-other commands. He died at the opponents dds part, his damage from barrage didn't even go off but he had an xp drop, when clicking the food he didn't eat, even though he clicked it directly after the f3, he was dead before any of this could happen. There's no way that f3 could save someone,  f3ing is about both PREDICTION and REACTION  , some scenarios value one over the other. If he didn't have PiD in this exact situation he would've died earlier than he did.  You can right click and "show controls" to slow it down if you want to check it out.

Damage doesn't show till the animation is well over "halfway" complete but you already know this. (has variation because projectile delay etc)

Getting rather sick of it as well, as i clawed a 100 special attack today when damage caps are supposed to be at 80?

Yeah... damage caps got screwed up a few patches ago... they work weird altogether. I remember hitting 88's with DWH right after it's cap of 80, a few days ago I saw a korasi hit 87 in obby armour, bc maul can almost hit 90, bc sword can spec 80's, d bow and void can 1shot still, dbolt base hits do too much damage through range pray.

Edited by Y I P K U

9 hours ago, Y I P K U said:

- I activated my melee pray BEFORE the attack animation happened, also the fact that HE switched his prayer during the attack animation also. 

(Probs because I use a magic spell and he used a DDS but still)

48 minutes ago, E O O E VII said:

I activated my melee pray BEFORE the attack animation happened

I'll admit I was wrong on that part, it was activated before. This was my bad

You did activate it after queuing/casting barrage though, basically pushing the f3 back in the combat order/delaying it. It could only activate after barrage's XP drop was show. But like you said, his dds basically out-sped your barrage, his xp drop was showing before yours.

Prayer never got a chance to activate as you were already dead.

Edited by Y I P K U