Newtors

Suggestion- Weekend Events

59 minutes ago, Newtors said:

@the auroora ^^ aquaman said it perfectly. doesn't matter the drop rate its pure luck 

If the drop rate "doesnt matter" then we also dont need more buffs

I don't know if the additional drop rate would be beneficial, I would be open to there being a slight buff to damage while killing bosses during this weekend. Or your attacks have the ability to apply burn damage to the target. 

@despairthis whole topic is just ideas of events, 10-20% more drop rate is considered a weekend event for those who pvm.. cuz that could benefit them in some ways. the drop rates may not matter but it will encourage them to pvm that weekend. the whole point of this is to attract players and make the game more fun. ryan could even add weekend events in his advertisements that will help us a lot with getting more player base. if you honestly want to object against events then this server will just die out tbh, I don't even think we had the slightest increased of player base lately.

how about we just stop talking about this and see if any1 wants more events, yes hooke v2. we hope to add tournaments as weekend events too. 

Edited by Newtors

9 hours ago, Newtors said:

@despairthis whole topic is just ideas of events, 10-20% more drop rate is considered a weekend event for those who pvm.. cuz that could benefit them in some ways. the drop rates may not matter but it will encourage them to pvm that weekend. the whole point of this is to attract players and make the game more fun. ryan could even add weekend events in his advertisements that will help us a lot with getting more player base. if you honestly want to object against events then this server will just die out tbh, I don't even think we had the slightest increased of player base lately.

how about we just stop talking about this and see if any1 wants more events, yes hooke v2. we hope to add tournaments as weekend events too. 

I already agreed with the events I was just saying we shouldnt make a drop rate boost event. We just find other more intetresting events. I am just replying because its an important topic to me, if I wouldnt it would probably happen and complaining once its already a thing is just useless.

@despair the drop rate booster event doesn't seem important to you but it might be important to others. It may be useless to you, that's okay.

And how will the boosts help once the prices crash and items become unsellable due to the massive overflow simply because every PvM’er is so desperate for more and more boosts and chooses to think about themselves and not the future? 

Feels like very few people here have any experience with how much drop rate boosts affects the economy. And incase you don’t know... once its truly fucked, the only way out is to reset and re-work the rates, which is something you definitely shouldn’t want. Even if its only for one weekend, a lot of harm can be done.

An event that increases drop rate is a bad idea, especially since it’d be globally giving EVERYONE a boosted drop rate. Its true that it will attract more people, but it’ll bring more bad than good. Besides, there’s plenty of other activities involving PvM that can be arranged to attract people.

@Newtors

21 hours ago, the auroora said:

the max droprate if i remember right was 57% so the chance to get a drop when it is 1/100 its littary (in logicical wise) 2kills 

Or 1/43 kills I'm pretty sure that's how it works :)

10 hours ago, Clevedad said:

And how will the boosts help once the prices crash and items become unsellable due to the massive overflow simply because every PvM’er is so desperate for more and more boosts and chooses to think about themselves and not the future? 

Feels like very few people here have any experience with how much drop rate boosts affects the economy. And incase you don’t know... once its truly fucked, the only way out is to reset and re-work the rates, which is something you definitely shouldn’t want. Even if its only for one weekend, a lot of harm can be done.

An event that increases drop rate is a bad idea, especially since it’d be globally giving EVERYONE a boosted drop rate. Its true that it will attract more people, but it’ll bring more bad than good. Besides, there’s plenty of other activities involving PvM that can be arranged to attract people.

@Newtors

thats what im trying to say if they add a 20% nomatter hm percent droprate boost no matter for a weekend for 1h they will crash server.

21 hours ago, Newtors said:

@despair the drop rate booster event doesn't seem important to you but it might be important to others. It may be useless to you, that's okay.

Its not the drop rate I care about I care about not fucking up the eco. I've been around many rsps and have been involved im taking care of the eco and community enough times to know that this approach of constantly adding more dr boosts aint healthy for both of them. And sadly the eco does heavily influence the longlivity of a server. So yeah I dont really care if mr X and Y want more DR boost, mr X and Y should think about whats best longterm instead of what benefits them right now.

Look at the prices of twisted bow, they went down from 70b to 50b, thats what happened after the whole tekton dr nerf + even more drop rate boosts ect. It aitn even that long ago it happened I wonder how thr price will look like in a year.

This is going to be my last comment on this so long story short:

Events = yes sure

Drop rate boost (event) = -1, therr are better events that will do less harm

Edited by despair