Newtors

Suggestion- Weekend Events

This is pretty much a topic suggestion for anyone who has good weekend event ideas, I don't got much myself. I just think that we should have weekend events because events normally attract a lot of players and are fun to do or motivates them. If you got any weekend ideas feel free to comment yours below, I will be suggesting mine now.

#1 weekend event idea; 5 or 10 more blood money drop per kill 

#2 weekend event idea; pvm has a 10-20% more drop rate; 0.10-0.20

I only got those 2 ideas, but if u got some please comment below like I said, they could all rotate every weekend or have like a draw box that the owner does and chooses. 

every1 really enjoys events so don't be afraid to brainstorm ur ideas in this topic. Thanks.

Yes, I'd like to see an event system implemented around certain benefits on a set day. Would be nice for this to be added to the quest tab so that players can see what is active at a certain time or day.

Dharok tournament.

Hybrid tournament.

Nh tournament.

Clan tournament.

Fashionscape tournament. @Aquaman have you ever chosen winner for your fashion tournament?

On 5/7/2018 at 6:29 AM, cokiemonsta said:

Dharok tournament.

Hybrid tournament.

Nh tournament.

Clan tournament.

Fashionscape tournament. @Aquaman have you ever chosen winner for your fashion tournament?

Most of those sound like Ryan needs to code them in and have a staff member oversee it's completion. While I do like the sound of tournaments but who is putting up the rewards? Essentially it's just owners spawning stuff in and ruining the economy further. I feel like this is a very sensitive topic, and while most of these ideas sound great in terms of activity for the community but from a different standpoint it sounds really bad.

On 5/6/2018 at 11:23 PM, Newtors said:

#1 weekend event idea; 5 or 10 more blood money drop per kill 

#2 weekend event idea; pvm has a 10-20% more drop rate; 0.10-0.20

I do like the idea of either of these, mostly the pvm drop rate one :) We've only had one double drop rate event in the past but that was over the holidays in december of 2016

Imagine, if there were a thing for 10 players to get in, 5b for entery, 5x 1v1s, leading to final 1v1. winner gets 50b. All money from players so no need to spawn more. just something?

And i like the weekend blood money and drop rate ideas tho! (Server has alot of things to do already, but meh... 60% ppls are gamblers, pvmers. Pking is dying slowly id say. Something like that for pking would be nice!

4 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Most of those sound like Ryan needs to code them in and have a staff member oversee it's completion. While I do like the sound of tournaments but who is putting up the rewards? Essentially it's just owners spawning stuff in and ruining the economy further. I feel like this is a very sensitive topic, and while most of these ideas sound great in terms of activity for the community but from a different standpoint it sounds really bad.

I do like the idea of either of these, mostly the pvm drop rate one :) We've only had one double drop rate event in the past but that was over the holidays in december of 2016

Kellatha a donation well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We put up a donation well somewhere on the server so people could donate items and cash into the well. Now on top of this we could half the price of all items. This will slowly help the economy problem we are having and on top of that supply giveaway rewards for tournaments.

I know it sounds kind of stupid. Why would someone donate an item towards a giveaway and the item is cut in half? Well i think some rich players would have no problem chucking a few 5-10b items into the well and helping out the economy a little bit.

@cokiemonsta I think anybody should just donate 100m or whatever at any given time until the event, like I said the events would rotate and might be picked out later in 2-3 weeks probably more so donating 5-10b items would make the tournaments become like a lottery.

if they really wish to donate that high then maybe ryan should code in a lottery that gives out a winner once a week. split the reward to 3 people 1st, 2nd, 3rd.  

1 hour ago, Newtors said:

@cokiemonsta I think anybody should just donate 100m or whatever at any given time until the event, like I said the events would rotate and might be picked out later in 2-3 weeks probably more so donating 5-10b items would make the tournaments become like a lottery.

if they really wish to donate that high then maybe ryan should code in a lottery that gives out a winner once a week. split the reward to 3 people 1st, 2nd, 3rd.  

It brings no skill into it. 5b is barely anything on this server. It's not like you are going to have loads of people donating 5-10b. I'm saying put in a well and people can donate however much they please for the next upcoming tournament. The tournament will be hosted by any mod that is on and it can be held every time we get roughly 10-20b in. Unless someone decides to donate an alien or whatever for some random reason. Then we can do massive tournaments every now and then.

@cokiemonsta

I never said anything about saying 5-10b is wrong, I'm just saying that every1 can easily donate 100m or above to the well for future tournaments. If they wish to donate 5-10b then that's on them, of course the cash handed inside the well would spread out towards all the tournaments weekly. 

having a lottery isn't about skill, its about making someone else extra win per week. The players will have the option to donate to the lottery or the tournaments, everything on a rsps is all about luck.  

12 hours ago, Newtors said:

@cokiemonsta

I never said anything about saying 5-10b is wrong, I'm just saying that every1 can easily donate 100m or above to the well for future tournaments. If they wish to donate 5-10b then that's on them, of course the cash handed inside the well would spread out towards all the tournaments weekly. 

having a lottery isn't about skill, its about making someone else extra win per week. The players will have the option to donate to the lottery or the tournaments, everything on a rsps is all about luck.  

I'm talking about mods hosting tournaments Everytime we get roughly 10-20b saved up inside the well. So this would not be a weekly thing, I already talked to Aurora about the idea and he agrees that it's a good one. I will be talking to the other mods individually to see what they have to say.

As for your lottery idea. I think it's stupid really. You can barely play the server, come in for 1 day before the lottery winner is chosen and win for not being active.

What I'm offering is a way for the community to interact with each other. A way for the staff members to interact more with the community not just through helping but actually chatting and having a good time. 

I also think by having these competitive tournaments people will want to get better at pking in a variety of areas. This would want players to practice dharok risk fighting, nhing, hybridding and many more. 

Also when you say "everyone can easily donate 100m" I don't think you see the point in that. Those are the players that want to win money not give it away. It's the rich players that can easily giveaway 5b item which equals 50 new players "100m."

I have suggested many of these events in much more detail and depth with explanations to how these could be run even including a variety of different modes. I support this 100% but such suggestions would take a long time to code, test and make ready before being realised to the general public.

Stop adding more drop rate bonus *trigg* enough is enough ffs

I do like the whole idea with having minigames, events etc on the weekend.

Agreed with Despair. I don't know the max drop rate bonus but I do know it's well over 50% which is outrageous.

On 7.5.2018 at 1:29 PM, cokiemonsta said:

Dharok tournament.

Hybrid tournament.

Nh tournament.

Clan tournament.

oh yea holyjordyn told me 2year's ago that ryan is working on tournaments guess that was a lie. i suggestet tournaments already never got a clue if ryan looked at it or not tbh - clan tournament exists already as a well small example is clanwars - clan / clan 20 v 20 when it even exists still lol

55 minutes ago, cokiemonsta said:

Agreed with Despair. I don't know the max drop rate bonus but I do know it's well over 50% which is outrageous.

the max droprate if i remember right was 57% so the chance to get a drop when it is 1/100 its littary (in logicical wise) 2kills 

@the auroora u do know 57% is 0.57% right? if 57% was actually 57% then everyone would be getting drops in an instant the yell chat would be overflowing with it.  @despair I honestly don't see the problem with adding 10-20% drop rate aka 0.10-0.20%.. for just a weekend. even for those 1/2k-1/4k kills items it would still be majorly luck to get it even if we do happen to add 10-20 in the future we still wouldn't even make it to 2.0% drop rate so I honestly see no problem with this. 

15 minutes ago, Newtors said:

@the auroora u do know 57% is 0.57% right? if 57% was actually 57% then everyone would be getting drops in an instant the yell chat would be overflowing with it.  @despair I honestly don't see the problem with adding 10-20% drop rate aka 0.10-0.20%.. for just a weekend. even for those 1/2k-1/4k kills items it would still be majorly luck to get it even if we do happen to add 10-20 in the future we still wouldn't even make it to 2.0% drop rate so I honestly see no problem with this. 

People need to understand that basing your drop rate boost cap on the hardest to get items isnt healthy for the eco..just because its not a big deal for that 1/2k item doesnt mean it wont effect the 1/100 item, that in itself can fuck up alot in the eco, drop rates have to be handled carefully and imo its high enough as it is already.

@despair if u feel so strongly against it then lets not do it then jeez lol I don't even see the deal of doing it only for only 3 days its not gonna happen again for a couple of weeks, the purpose of events is to attract more players. People love events and this is just an opinion.. here is what u don't understand, I'm not trying to buff the drop rate by 1.0%. Adding, 10-20% drop rate will hardly even change what u are making right now. the purpose of it is to make it feel like an event and the possible thrill to get a drop rate cuz they feel like it could help. I have been on this server for probably 2 months so far and the player base has hardly even changed at all, I'm just saying that we need to make changes and events are one of the possibilities to attract tons of players. 

1 hour ago, Newtors said:

@despair if u feel so strongly against it then lets not do it then jeez lol I don't even see the deal of doing it only for only 3 days its not gonna happen again for a couple of weeks, the purpose of events is to attract more players. People love events and this is just an opinion.. here is what u don't understand, I'm not trying to buff the drop rate by 1.0%. Adding, 10-20% drop rate will hardly even change what u are making right now. the purpose of it is to make it feel like an event and the possible thrill to get a drop rate cuz they feel like it could help. I have been on this server for probably 2 months so far and the player base has hardly even changed at all, I'm just saying that we need to make changes and events are one of the possibilities to attract tons of players. 

if you dont belive me that the droprate is 57% then ask kelltha/bowflexxxx/ryanking ingame

@the auroora I believe its 57% but that's not even that high tbh, I just don't see the big deal of adding 10-20% for just 3 days honestly. If it is 57% then more than half the server cant even afford to max out the drop rate. 

shouldnt be added still but add it idm lmfao im uid banned you'll see the outcome ryan will just ruin the server with it many people would quit duo the eco would break even more you know what 57+20 is? 77% yea right at a 1/2k droprate the dropchance is at 1 to 1,5k thats just the start of the story the people with 57% droprate pretty much make / get per day 10drops max with 77% they would get 20 drops and if the drops are all rare at ele (elemental bow , elemental staff , dagger) then it would pretty much dropprices again so i would never add this since the max drop rate is already 2high.

well add ut run in the hell with it rofl you will see the outcome of 77% droprate no matter how many people have it only it will ruin server hf.