Sign in to follow this  
Beretta

Spawnable DH alternative

I originally posted a Community Poll suggesting to bring Spawnable dh back to the server. I felt this was one of the most popular things that this Spawn/Eco server had and was the reason for the large player base back in the day. There was never a time that an abundance of people weren't pking at edge, no downtime at all. Though even with a fair amount of support it seems the thread just got buried.

So I'd like to reintroduce the idea of free dh with an alternative option.

I think there could be a way to put dh in the magic box to obtain an auto keep untradable version. I had two ways to go about this. One of those being a chance at individual pieces requiring (number) respective pieces per chance. My second thought was to create a cursed set obtainable either through the box or by using a cursed relic on (probably alot) of noted individual pieces.

So this is just an alternative idea to consider, though if you'd like to support my original thread be my guest. :D

Edited by Beretta

This is a super sensitive topic tbh. Making an auto kept version would just make it heavily p2w, and even if it has to be fixed on death, more so if it doesn't. I'm pretty sure the entire staff team voted on having it stay unspawnable, and i'm sure Ryan still wants to keep it that way since he made it unspawnable to begin with. I pushed for it to be spawnable because that's literally the only way you guys can compete with all these cursed obby pkers/shade genie users/two itemer death pet variant pkers that risk nothing but at the same time, you'd be risking nothing as well and we just successfully managed to kill a part of the eco by making dh spawnable.

There way far too many risks involved by making it spawnable, so it has to remain unspawnable.

Just a suggestion and i don't have the full details but what if we made items like void drop half the coins it takes to repair it (like osrs) and on top of that we could make dharok an auto kept item but it breaks apart as normal and cost maybe 200m or so to repair? and on top of that drops half the cash it takes to repair.

We can do this with all auto kept items. Cursed obby armor, pets, just everything that gives a huge advantage inside the wilderness and is auto kept. 

I think this would prevent people from just running out into the wilderness in full obby armor and rushing there targets (new players) and almost 2 hitting them with a longsword or something. Also if you even try to anti rush it's not like you get anything from a cursed obby pker so it's just a pain in the ass to deal with. 

I don't know. Maybe this has already been brought up before but i thought it would be nice to bring it up just in case. Please if anyone has details to add to this please do and if anyone thinks this is a bad idea please post why so we can get a full understanding of this.

Jesus just make it more common from barrows so its actually a good money maker and ppl start consider buying/using it

16 hours ago, Beretta said:

I think there could be a way to put dh in the magic box to obtain an auto keep untradable version.

No. Thank you.

Would just increase the belief that this server is "Pay to win" and might honestly break the game tbh.

And i believe i already gave a rather logical response as to why DH shall remain unspawnable.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:36 PM, Phenomenon said:

No. Thank you.

Would just increase the belief that this server is "Pay to win" and might honestly break the game tbh.

And i believe i already gave a rather logical response as to why DH shall remain unspawnable.

You actually voted to bring it back in my poll and +1'd it.

The game being broken and pay to win is not a "belief" it's currently a fact. The more of this autokeep and extra item protection content that's in the game the more unbalanced and broken it gets. The only reason I proposed this is as an alternative. I know the process of making it spawnable again would be a pain but there need to be some balancing done.

12 hours ago, Beretta said:

You actually voted to bring it back in my poll and +1'd it.

The game being broken and pay to win is not a "belief" it's currently a fact. The more of this autokeep and extra item protection content that's in the game the more unbalanced and broken it gets. The only reason I proposed this is as an alternative. I know the process of making it spawnable again would be a pain but there need to be some balancing done.

Now pay to win is not a fact. I have not spent a dime on this server (even though I want to for support) and I have no problem making money or dropping someone with money in the wild. 

I do agree with the auto keep items that are in the game. They are broken and it would be great if something was done about it.

On 4/27/2018 at 6:36 AM, Kellatha said:

This is a super sensitive topic tbh. Making an auto kept version would just make it heavily p2w, and even if it has to be fixed on death, more so if it doesn't. I'm pretty sure the entire staff team voted on having it stay unspawnable, and i'm sure Ryan still wants to keep it that way since he made it unspawnable to begin with. I pushed for it to be spawnable because that's literally the only way you guys can compete with all these cursed obby pkers/shade genie users/two itemer death pet variant pkers that risk nothing but at the same time, you'd be risking nothing as well and we just successfully managed to kill a part of the eco by making dh spawnable.

There way far too many risks involved by making it spawnable, so it has to remain unspawnable.

It was spawnable to begin with? not sure where you got "he made it unspawnable to begin with."

maybe when you joined it was unspawnable and you think that you know everything?

1 hour ago, urdumb said:

It was spawnable to begin with? not sure where you got "he made it unspawnable to begin with."

maybe when you joined it was unspawnable and you think that you know everything?

I joined before like 99% of the current playerbase. When I joined DH was spawnable, yes.

On 4/27/2018 at 11:36 PM, Kellatha said:

I remember discussing this with Ryan and the staff team at the time.

Was very controversial however the best solution to our problem at the time. Ryan has ruined pking on SpawnPk- bringing back Dharok isn't the fix

6 hours ago, Kellatha said:

I joined before like 99% of the current playerbase. When I joined DH was spawnable, yes.

okay then "I'm pretty sure the entire staff team voted on having it stay unspawnable, and i'm sure Ryan still wants to keep it that way since he made it unspawnable to begin with" is wrong since it started out spawnable.

36 minutes ago, urdumb said:

okay then "I'm pretty sure the entire staff team voted on having it stay unspawnable, and i'm sure Ryan still wants to keep it that way since he made it unspawnable to begin with" is wrong since it started out spawnable.

you are reading what she wrote in the wrong context jesus christ you are retarded. By saying to begin with she means he made it unspawnable for a reason, She didn't mean at the beginning of the servers existence. 

• Haha 1

We have auto keep garbage with no risk max gear, pets that keep 2 items on top of that.

It is a huge disadvantage to join spawnpk as a new player, even after playing a while you will not have anywhere the items/gear that others do

beginner ags/claws are nothing in comparison to auto keep dwh/divine/egloves/korasi/ornamental amulets ETC

11 hours ago, The Lazy Elk said:

you are reading what she wrote in the wrong context jesus christ you are retarded. By saying to begin with she means he made it unspawnable for a reason, She didn't mean at the beginning of the servers existence. 

yeah mb i have to reread a sentence 10 times by a staff member to understand what they are trying to say. so his argument is still shit

3 hours ago, urdumb said:

yeah mb i have to reread a sentence 10 times by a staff member to understand what they are trying to say. so his argument is still shit

Sorry, let me simplify it for you. 

On 4/27/2018 at 8:36 AM, Kellatha said:

Ryan still wants to keep it that way since he made it unspawnable to begin with.

Let me make you some different alternative(different) ways of saying that.

• Ryan still wants to keep it that way since he made it unspawnable over a year ago.
  • Ryan still wants to keep DH unspawnable since he made it from spawnable to unspawnable over a year ago.
  • Ryan still wants to keep it that way(unspawnable DH) since he made it unspawnable over a year ago even though it started off spawnable on the server.
  • (Easiest one to understand): Ryan would like to keep dharok unspawnable.

Is that easier to understand? Are there any of them I need to simplify even further?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Kellatha said:

• Ryan still wants to keep it that way since he made it unspawnable over a year ago.
  • Ryan still wants to keep DH unspawnable since he made it from spawnable to unspawnable over a year ago.
  • Ryan still wants to keep it that way(unspawnable DH) since he made it unspawnable over a year ago even though it started off spawnable on the server.

Is that easier to understand? Are there any of them I need to simplify even further?

lol

9 hours ago, Kellatha said:

Uhm sheesh, kellatha take it easy.

Anyway what I got from you stating it like this and that is that Ryan doesn't necessarily care about what the playerbase wants regarding this topic he'd prefer to leave it as is. Also that the suggestion and community polls category's are likely useless when It comes to the playerbase's opinion on controversial updates.