Kellatha

Achievement Scrolls, Slayer Revamp, New Sun Weapons, and much more!

Alrighty guys i'm back at it with another content suggestion thread in such a short period of time! Content has been rolling in fast and before I forget about them, it's best to suggest them before that happens.

Achievement Scrolls: When I asked the community about this, almost everyone loved the idea. I'd say a 9/10 if every person liked the idea when I asked over yell. This scroll would be added in the donator shop for X donator tickets. Essentially this is a cash sink and in no way a must, but it is a good idea to attract impulse buyers/perfectionists who have to get things done. These scrolls would unlock one random achievement for you by random. This could be either an achievement you have already unlocked or have not, it doesn't matter. Let me give you a table of what I mean with more context.

• If you have 1/70 achievements unlocked, then this scroll is a very good idea for you. However, just because you have so many open doesn't mean you're going to be unlocking every single one. It could also unlock one that you have already unlocked, thus no reward is earned and the scroll is lost.
  • If you have 69/70 achievements unlocked and your trying to get your last achievement done then this idea is not as good for you since your chances of landing your last achievement is really slim. Since you have everything unlocked you won't be awarded anything and many scrolls will get lost in an attempt for a chance to get your last achievement completed.
  • Achievement Scrolls will work in sections so if the scroll awards you one point in "Mage Arena" you advance one tier in Mage Arena. If you get another "Mage Arena" point then you go on to "Mage Arena II" 
  • You won't automatically unlock the best achievement like "Pure IV" right off the bat. You need to get four tiers in the "Pure" category before you advance to the highest, "Pure IV"
  • Obviously, Comp 1-3 would be locked and not unlockable through this achievement scroll. You can unlock them by finishing up other achievements and finish up to unlock a Comp 1, 2, or 3, but will not unlock any of those just by using a achievement scroll.

Slayer Revamp: Going to cover a few key points to doing slayer, as well as some additions that I think would be a great idea to add. See table below for different suggestions concerning slayer.

• Slayer Task Streak: I believe we should add completing slayer tasks in a streak consecutively without skipping to award you bonus slayer points upon completion.
  • Boss Slayer Monster: There will be a random chance for a "boss" version of the slayer monster you are killing to spawn in with an improved drop table. Killing it would always award a certain amount of cash, with a rare chance at a better cash drop. See table below for the table.

It could be the same generic NPC for everyone like a "goblin" with 2K hp that does no damage but you can kill it for the reward. This goblin could have like a 2% chance to spawn on slayer monster death while on the task.

• Guranteed: 10 100m Cash Bags 
  • Rare(1/250): 100 100m Cash Bags
  • Very Rare(1/100): 500 100m Cash Bags

Dragon C'bow: Same thing as DFW, almost four months since release on osrs and we still don't have it. I think it would be a great addition and possibly take the stand as the best c'bow on SPK, in particular for using in multi pking. Note: In case you did not know the dragon c'bow effect: The crossbow has a special attack, Annihilate, which drains 60% of the special attack bar and hits any enemy in a 3x3 area. The primary target of Annihilate will take 20% extra damage, all other targets will take 20% less damage. If used in a single-way combat, the attack will still work but only hit one target with 20% extra damage. It ignores enchanted bolt effects

Dragonfire Ward: Almost four months since the release of dfw on osrs and we still don't have it here on SPK. We currently have no good shield for range. If you can even count twisted buckler, that thing is horrible. I'm hoping we can get DFW on here, with some sort of boost making it more viable than twisted buckler, and have it accommodate a range strength bonus of +3. The skeletal visage needed to make this can be dropped from a any current boss, perhaps Corporeal Beast to revitalize it further. Or maybe the BH shop as well, to keep the BH shop alive and strong since the revamp.

Cursed Void: Given the immense popularity among cursed obsidian, I think it would be a great addition to open up the "cursed" exclusivity to accommodate elite void and transform it into cursed void. This is essentially to fix the repair fee that elite void has, and will improve the defensive stats when it turns into cursed void. There is also another option I want to propose, where the void helm gets transformed into a cursed void helm.

• Cursed Void top: Increase all defensive stats by +15
  • Cursed Void bottoms: Increase all defensive stats by +10
  • Cursed Void Helmet: Acts as all three void helms put together. If you have this helm equipped, you will gain the bonuses of each void attack style based on your weapon as you are switching them in combat. Essentially this would be ideal for people who use multiple weapons like hybridders/tribridders when voiding, etc.

New Sun Weaponry: With sun spear the best spear in game, we could also add more weapons as this opened up a new branch of custom weapons to the "sun" exclusivity. 

• A.) Sun Longsword: Best longsword in game with better stats than primal longsword, having a cool sun aesthetic like sun spear. The spec would be similar to dragon long spec "Cleave". The dragon longsword has a special attack called Cleave, which raises the player's maximum hit by 15% for one hit, consuming 25% of the player's special attack energy.
  • B.) Sun Rapier: Best rapier in game with better stats than primal rapier, having a cool aesthetic like sun spear. The spec would be similar to dragonsword spec "Wild Stab". The dragon sword has a special attack, Wild Stab, that consumes 40% of the player's special attack energy to hit the target with 25% increased accuracy and damage. If the target is using Protect from Melee, the special attack will ignore the prayer for one attack.
  • C.) Sun Bow: Best bow in game with better stats than twisted bow, having a cool aesthetic like sun spear. The spec would be similar to firing a fire elemental bolt from a ele cbow, giving a hard hit and following up with fire damage per tick. This bow combines the fire power and dps of a long bow with the spec of a ele cbow.

Bloodwyrm Scroll: Given the low rate that bloodwyrm spawns, i'm proposing we add in a scroll drop from wildywyrm only, that would be a rare drop as an extra chance to summon the bloodwyrm when you kill a regular wildywyrm. Something along the lines of 1/250 sound great. Bloodwyrm spawns way too low, and while it is a good idea do have it very exclusive, having more bloodwyrms would smite more deep wilderness activity for that period of time it takes to spawn/take bloodwyrm down.

BIGGEST -1 TO THE SLAYER. Just going to ruin PVP even more IMO. Slayer? People will stop pknig because slayer will be more profitable,

4 minutes ago, Doggy said:

BIGGEST -1 TO THE SLAYER. Just going to ruin PVP even more IMO. Slayer? People will stop pknig because slayer will be more profitable,

Slayer is also in the wilderness :P Also, bumping on adding more slayer monsters in the wilderness to slayer tasks like frost/lava dragons.

What about your feedback to everything else? Just a simple -1 ? :\

3 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Slayer is also in the wilderness :P Also, bumping on adding more slayer monsters in the wilderness to slayer tasks like frost/lava dragons.

What about your feedback to everything else? Just a simple -1 ? :\

I like the sun spear ideas, they're really cool but I mean primal rapier already hit's 55+ with an amazing rate... If the sunspear rapier can do same speed/better stats? nah... The reason there's a sun spear is because it's more inaccurate and it's much slower then a normal weapon. The other sunspear weapon's will just be too overpowered for my liking.Dragon c'bow, ward, and the void seem pretty alright yeah... Achievement scrolls will be cool but what will he put in them?

3 minutes ago, Doggy said:

I like the sun spear ideas, they're really cool but I mean primal rapier already hit's 55+ with an amazing rate... If the sunspear rapier can do same speed/better stats? nah... The reason there's a sun spear is because it's more inaccurate and it's much slower then a normal weapon. The other sunspear weapon's will just be too overpowered for my liking.Dragon c'bow, ward, and the void seem pretty alright yeah... Achievement scrolls will be cool but what will he put in them?

Nothing? It's for the sole purpose of being a cash sink. For the players to spend endless of thousands of donator tickets (driving up bonds and donator tickets immensely for the large demand) for the players who are near ele comp cape(95% of players). It unlocks the achievements at random, so it's essentially a gamble to unlock what you need so you can get ele comp cape in the long run. 1000 Achievement scrolls later- I FINALLY GOT ELE COMP CAPE!!!!

2 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Nothing? It's for the sole purpose of being a cash sink. For the players to spend endless of thousands of donator tickets (driving up bonds and donator tickets immensely for the large demand) for the players who are near ele comp cape(95% of players). It unlocks the achievements at random, so it's essentially a gamble to unlock what you need so you can get ele comp cape in the long run. 1000 Achievement scrolls later- I FINALLY GOT ELE COMP CAPE!!!!

Ohh I understand that now lol, pretty cool but can add pay2win opinions

+1 On Achievement scrolls. - Small sinks are nice (although i hate them with a passion)

+1 On slayer Revamp! - Maybe add in "slayer weapons" that can be purchasable from the slayer shop that give an edge above normal weapons! 

• Slayer staff (e) - Autocasts the spell "slayer dart" with an improved damage formula making it the best in slot mage slayer weapon while on a slayer task.
  • Broad bolts/arrow - While on a slayer task these bolts/arrows could give 10% more NPC damage.
  • Leaf bladed spear/battleaxe/sword - While on a slayer task these weapons do 10% more damage to NPCs. (could also have decent stats making them somewhat viable for PvP.

+1 Dragon c'bow - Anything new weapon wise is always exciting to have in game and test out!

+1 for Dragonfire ward - Maybe make the visage purchasable from the bounty store but make it applicable to wards/bucklers/defenders and maybe even void knight deflector? (Where is the love for Dragon defender (t)?)

+1 Cursed void - BUT add a small damage or accuracy boost with a complete set? Each cursed shard is costing roughly 50-70b atm. 100-140b to bypass a small repair fee of 200m + a bit of defense stats? Cursed void knight deflector? (is void knight deflector even coded properly?)

+ 1 Sun weaponry - Obtainable from? Jungle Demon? Sunspear is already ridiculously rare so maybe another form of entry into the eco. Also Sun staff/battlestaff? Give mage some love too! Mage is so weak right now :(

+ 1 Bloodwyrm scroll - Bloodwyrm is WAY to rare at the moment. Ive seen servers that have boss spawns on x amount of server wide votes (just an idea) but anything to get this new boss spawning more! (Purchasable from donator shop maybe?)

14 hours ago, Doggy said:

Add in "Bounty hunter teleport scrolls" blood perk you unlock that allows you to spawn these scrolls. Essentially allowing you to teleport to target at any level of the wild. With the rising demand of obsidian armour/cursed shards this could add an interesting twist to bounty target hunting. A few more perks could go with this as well. @Kellatha

@Kellatha

Achievement scrolls : first of all I wanna clearify its not a cash sink. No cash value is actually being sinked in the process. The cash you use to buy bonds or donator tickets still circulates through the servers eco. It would be a cash sink if it was required to pay a cash fee in order to use the scroll. Its a donator ticket sink which is less meaningful because everytime donator tickets go up in price they shortly after go down again because people start to donate more. Good for the server ye but we are talking eco right now.

And to the idea itself -1 p2w? Even if its rng based with enough money you can basically pay your way to purp comp. It degrades the meaning of the cape, if they want it they should grind for it.

Slayer revamp : I wouldnt mind making slayer actually enjoyable +1

Not every osrs update is good, so -1 to the dragon cbow, I never understood why they wouldnt just let dragon hunter cbow be the dragon cbow instead of adding a useless cbow on top.

Add dragon bolts in bm store tho?

Dfw +1

Cursed void: Couldnt we call this korasis void robes and add a damage boost while using korasi sword on top? :^) would fix not only void but also korask lol.

Sun weapons -1 doggy explained why not already.

Getchu hands off wildywyrm already adding a boss with the same drop table with just 1/5th of the rarity on the rare drops was aids already #ezscape *trigg*

Edited by despair

14 minutes ago, Bowflexxx said:

Add in "Bounty hunter teleport scrolls" blood perk you unlock that allows you to spawn these scrolls. Essentially allowing you to teleport to target at any level of the wild. @Kellatha

+1 Forwarded to Ryan :) 

4 minutes ago, despair said:

Cursed void: Couldnt we call this korasis void robes and add a damage boost while using korasi sword on top? :^) would fix not only void but also korask lol.

Elaborate more :o You want a damage boost when using korasi and full void, or just korasi and full elite void or just korasi and full cursed void? I'm confused lol.

6 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

Elaborate more :o You want a damage boost when using korasi and full void, or just korasi and full elite void or just korasi and full cursed void? I'm confused lol.

Scrap the name cursed void and call it korasis void robes. 

Give it the same benifits you stated for cursed void. But also add a damage or accuracy boost while wearing full korasis robes/helmet and korasi as your weapon.

It would still have the reg damage boost and shit while using other weapons and a slightly higher boost while using korasi sword

Edited by despair

5 minutes ago, despair said:

Give it the same benifits you stated for cursed void. But also add a damage or accuracy boost while wearing full korasis robes/helmet and korasi as your weapon.

It would still have the reg damage boost and shit while using other weapons and a slightly higher boost while using korasi sword

I see. I've forwarded that to Ryan. Let's see what he likes better. How would we introduce it on the server? Would it cost a flat amount of BH points like a new item or have it be like cursed obby, using a cursed relic on the pieces?

2 hours ago, Kellatha said:

I see. I've forwarded that to Ryan. Let's see what he likes better. How would we introduce it on the server? Would it cost a flat amount of BH points like a new item or have it be like cursed obby, using a cursed relic on the pieces?

How ever you wanted it to work on your cursed void idea, essentially its the same thing just with the addition that would benefit korasi.

2 hours ago, Kellatha said:

I think cursed void is completely useless. Maybe a buff to melee void or maybe even mage void but think about how insane range void would be cursed. You can already hit 96 with a blood bow and it's uncommon but not rare to see it happen. Cursed range void would be insanely strong while mage void and melee void could potentially use a buff since it's only good deep wildy and even if you get deep wildy you have to risk quite a bit and void is not going to tank very well :) I recommend not putting cursed void into the game and if you do anyways, don't make any buffs and just make it to where you don't need to repair it after death.

On ‎25‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 9:07 AM, Doggy said:

Slayer right now is more profitable than pking lmfao. unless you are risk fighting pking is trash.

32 minutes ago, Classic Kiwi said:

Slayer right now is more profitable than pking lmfao. unless you are risk fighting pking is trash.

Edge pking can be reality good money,especially if you have periods,tiers and all the other factors you can get80m+ a kill.

• Like 1

I think edgeville pking is the best money maker in the game besides the recently buffed tekton and gambling. 

If your good at pking it's not hard at all to get tier 10s especially with vesta skulling. Also by risking "high" all the time you have a chance at getting gold statues and 20 of them equal basically 800b with boneguard pet. 

On top of all that if it wasn't good enough, by maxing out all of the extra blood money perks in the perk tree, you are able to get about 21 blood money per kill if you are risking 50 Blood money. That's roughly 63-84m per kill depending on how much you sell the blood money for. So if you add it up 100 kills could mean 6.3-8.4b. 

So if you manage to get 100ks and you are doing tiers, you can make at least 60b from all of the rewards. Which again if you are good at pking it's a really good money maker.

23 hours ago, despair said:

@despair The idea is great overall, but korasi is already op as hell tbh. the spec of it is ridiculous when combined with vigour, so if u add korasi robes to that people would rush with it almost all the time. I just think it would be almost as powerful as a torva set with korasi rushing. so -1 to that idea. 

23 hours ago, cokiemonsta said:

I think cursed void is completely useless. Maybe a buff to melee void or maybe even mage void but think about how insane range void would be cursed. You can already hit 96 with a blood bow and it's uncommon but not rare to see it happen. Cursed range void would be insanely strong while mage void and melee void could potentially use a buff since it's only good deep wildy and even if you get deep wildy you have to risk quite a bit and void is not going to tank very well :) I recommend not putting cursed void into the game and if you do anyways, don't make any buffs and just make it to where you don't need to repair it after death.

No damage boosts are going to get added, only defensive boosts as I laid it out in the table. Also, the 96 from a dbow is extremely rare and you'll probably land that per 50 dbow specs. It's possible, just super mega rare. I'd know because if i'm ever in the wildy im rushing/pjing with void :P 

1 hour ago, Newtors said:

@despair The idea is great overall, but korasi is already op as hell tbh. the spec of it is ridiculous when combined with vigour, so if u add korasi robes to that people would rush with it almost all the time. I just think it would be almost as powerful as a torva set with korasi rushing. so -1 to that idea. 

Korasi is decent, now that it was nerfed a long time ago. No one even touches that thing besides me when i'm fooling around at edge and making people shit bricks. It's rare when I happen to X2 with korasi and actually get a kill. With the dfs delay when using dfs spec, it's really hard to x2 and dfs which used to be a guranteed k0 but now there are too many nerfs. Given korasi is the only mage based spec that matters on the server(even though its based on str bonus) we can't just keep it dead content forever. The only reason korasi stay afloat in the eco is because of the blood diamond fuser.

@Kellatha its the least common because there are already tons of spec weapons that are way cheaper and are just as good as a korasi spec, not everyone in the rsps can afford a 16b+ weapon. ive gotten plenty of kills with a korasi spec its just a matter of mechanics. 

3 minutes ago, Newtors said:

@Kellatha its the least common because there are already tons of spec weapons that are way cheaper and are just as good as a korasi spec, not everyone in the rsps can afford a 16b+ weapon. ive gotten plenty of kills with a korasi spec its just a matter of mechanics. 

I don't know what you are talking about lol. When korasi was 25-30b everyone at edge had it. Everyone had it because it was a good weapon to both pk and rush with. Now that it's dead and nerfed, no one wants to use it. I've been here for the death of many pvp items, I would know lol.

26 minutes ago, Kellatha said:

No damage boosts are going to get added, only defensive boosts as I laid it out in the table. Also, the 96 from a dbow is extremely rare and you'll probably land that per 50 dbow specs. It's possible, just super mega rare. I'd know because if i'm ever in the wildy im rushing/pjing with void :P 

Korasi is decent, now that it was nerfed a long time ago. No one even touches that thing besides me when i'm fooling around at edge and making people shit bricks. It's rare when I happen to X2 with korasi and actually get a kill. With the dfs delay when using dfs spec, it's really hard to x2 and dfs which used to be a guranteed k0 but now there are too many nerfs. Given korasi is the only mage based spec that matters on the server(even though its based on str bonus) we can't just keep it dead content forever. The only reason korasi stay afloat in the eco is because of the blood diamond fuser.

Yeah a defensive boost would not be bad but at the same time the whole point in void having that big offensive bonus, it's defense lacks. It's not meant to have defense. Also the 96 spec is maybe every 40 dbow specs really. I specced a 96 in full range void in a total of about 20 fights. Maybe i'm lucky but even every 50 specs is pretty common if you are rushing.

With korasi it's pretty good nowadays with dfs if your timing is right. I agree that buffing it(for rushing only) would not be a bad idea. Korasi rushing montages was always enjoyable to watch back in 2012 and i would love to see it come into the server. But to buff the damage in normal fights would be overpowered. Korasi robes +1 Enchanted Void -1 Final answer :) 

I appreciate the effort you put into the forums and server, i love your ideas but a lot of these suggestions are op and to be fair some people will never be able to reach these high tear items, the current gear we have that's considered (rushing gear) is op to the point that its auto-kept and even if the rusher dies the person who kills the rusher doesn't get a great reward, if there was a cash reward for killing someone that has an auto kept item like weapons and armors, and the person that dies with the auto kept (elder maul) for example has to pay a price to repair their auto kept armor or weapon. But i still give it a +1