Jimm0

How to retain new players

Apologies for late reply, but I've been busy recently.

Re. the whole ragging and divine SS issues. I agree that ragging is an issue, but generally you won't get ragged unless warned or similar. I agree that ragging someone with all the max gear incl. divine is relatively easy but ONLY if you have the money for BC sword or z bow or similar. It's important to note at this point that my initial post was about new player retention.

New players DO NOT HAVE the money for counter ragging gear, and hence find it particularly difficult to counter. New players also don't have the money to fight someone in max gear using untradeable + autokeep items in order not to risk. If people think that there is no need to increase the amount of spawnable items for new players, how about an alternative of decreasing the amount of autokeep items for rich/advanced players. I think this will help even out the wildy somewhat.

Would appreciate your thoughts

The problem is new players quit because there's no money in pking. BIS items should have to be earnt or purchased - you'll find people want to use these items for the stat and KO potential - and I believe it would endorse players to actually use it, instead of being given the items from the spawn menu. The game would run a lot better, if there was a sense of worth, where you had to obtain your items, rather than having 9999K of them in your bank.

in all honestly there is not a lot of people that pk in full primal. very few even the gear I pk in has lower stats than bandos "comp2 armor" just because people don't no about the armor doesn't make it max gear. I pk a lot and I see more people in spawnables with non spawnable weapons/spec more than I do with "max gear".

On 14/04/2018 at 3:21 AM, cokiemonsta said:

Well really i do agree with this but at the same time i disagree. Yes spawnable gear has almost no chance of pking primal but there is a chance and that's what you need to look at. New players can get lucky on someone risking 10b and then bank has been made. 

I have seen a lot of people using divine at edgeville and that should be taken out from edgeville because of how overpowered the shield is especially at edgeville against new players. 

Also back to the primal etc. Bandos, dharok and several other items are not that expensive. I recommend daily rewards to every new player and just from 1 daily reward you can buy yourself a full set of bandos. Whether a new player chooses to do that or not is completely up to them. 

Maybe i'm wrong though and if the staff team see's something different or other players in the community do then good luck to your post. :) 

I can pk someone in full torva in bronze armor m8 its RNG and bit of veng timeing. To keep new players just need to remove gambling as people make a little bit of bank gamble it lose then quit simple.

Pking is not the big issue as to why there isn't much players, but yes, the way the game works ragging is an issue.

since its a pking server ragging should be illegal as it could stop a new player from playing. A new player will have spawnables vs a player with unspawnables (divine, pet) and then you throw in prayer with torags and the person will just knife u until you leave the wilderness