Sign in to follow this  
Newtors

Help, Download wont open

Hello, my download will not open. I recently took a long break from runescape years ago, I just got my new PC a few months ago, today I downloaded java and then downloaded it but it keeps appearing like this and I got no idea how to get it to work. everytime I click open it closes and goes to a tiny save thing then I click it and it saves then open again and then repeats..  

2018-04-11.png

Right click on the client , Properties , Click on "Change" Under Type of File , and change it to Java.

If you still can't fix it , send me your team viewer details and i'll help you.

Edited by Mia

i don't know if you have looked at this post but i'm going to post it anyways. 

Other then this there is not much i can help you with and i will leave it with a moderator to give you more information if you need it. 

Hope this link helps you.

I have joined ur guys discord page, so hit me up from there cause it will be easier than typing on this.

Hey Newtors,

We have actually had another player in the past deal with an issue similar to this.

• I will try to recollect on any messages that i might've sent him regarding a troubleshoot for this, however, this link might be the answer.
  • Make sure you have java installed when referring to this guide:

If my memory has not failed me, once he followed these steps it worked for him.

We also have the SpawnPK Client repair tool in the upper right hand corner of our forums: eb6d84067365c4b4bbea039f0fd4a43f.png

PM me if you have any further difficulties after trying this guide.

Thanks!

Last resort option:

• I will be sending this thread to the owner of the server (Ryan) to see if there are any other available troubleshoots.
  • Until then, i suggest that you continue to try and utilize the resources found in the comments above.
  • I'm willing to work with you all the way until we get this issue resolved, so if you can remain patient with me, i will try my best!

In Progress

23 minutes ago, Newtors said:

I tried the client repair tools and it says the client is outdated. 

Link has been forwarded to Ryan, it's safe to assume that he will get to it whenever he is available.

Just curious, have you tried going into your C: Drive and deleting the SpawnPK.data?

Once this is done, try to reload the client. If this still does not work, try the repair tool after removing that.

45 minutes ago, Newtors said:

I tried the client repair tools and it says the client is outdated. 

The "outdated" message after repairing is fine, just proceed to letting it load and update.

If you haven't already I recommend downloading the latest java version at https://java.com/en/download/

@Ryan I have let it load and update, the results are the same. I tried redownloading the java 3-4 times already and the results are still the same. I've tried clicking all the repair tools and the results are still the same. 

4 minutes ago, Newtors said:

@Ryan I have let it load and update, the results are the same. I tried redownloading the java 3-4 times already and the results are still the same. I've tried clicking all the repair tools and the results are still the same. 

At what point exactly does the client crash? Immediately after everything loads and the login screen is prompted? Or does it crash once you attempt to login.

once I attempt to log in. @Ryan I could type any name and password and right when I click the log in button it goes into the state of what the picture shows.

Try this out:

1. Open up your start menu and search "java"

2. Select "Configure java"

AQjsH65.png

3. Under the "Java" tab, select "View"

xdPXY1T.png

4. Under "Runtime parameters", type in: -Xmx512m

knCB3PW.png

5. Press "Ok", then try loading up your client again

It seems there might be a problem with your Java in general.

Few questions that may help you troubleshoot:
1. Have you tried uninstalling all of your existing versions of Java? You mentioned you re-installed it a few times, but there might still be another existing version on your computer that has issues.
2. Do you happen to know how much RAM your computer has?
3. Do other servers (or RS itself) also have this issue for you?

@Ryan this is actually the first rs server ive tried haha, but my computer has 16GB RAM and I don't have any files of my previous java just the one I installed.

27 minutes ago, Newtors said:

@Ryan this is actually the first rs server ive tried haha, but my computer has 16GB RAM and I don't have any files of my previous java just the one I installed.

If RS itself is having similar issues for you (or any other java-based games/applications) then that may be indicate you have an issue with your Java.

Although this might not be the ideal resolution, I recommend trying SPK on another system if you have one.