Sign in to follow this  
L E E C H

Obsidian armour and ancient mace buff

With the release of the new cursed obsidian armour, i was really excited and started grinding those t10s right away. About 2 days later i had the full set. Now i was expecting that i would actually be able to smite something with my new armour, but what it turn out to be is a lot of dissapointment.

With some testing i found out, that with the full set + unholy smite, hitting a 65 with elder maul only smites 18 prayer points. I think that on 07 it smited more than that without any bonuses lmao. Now even though my previous statement is probably false, i think that the smite bonus of the armour is way too weak and i would like it to be significantly increased. With how is is right now, if you stack someone from full hp you only take less than 30 prayer points from them, which is not nearly enough to actually smite someone, and it makes the armour completely useless.

Please don't leave unconstructive feedback if you don't have the armour or have tested it yourself cause that makes 0 sense. Thanks for reading my ramble, pls make armour more op so i can start smiting people for bank.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also regarding the ancient mace. Ive heard the max hit is liek 40 hp, it is also innacurate, takes 100% of spec and 90% of the time hits 0 or under 20. I suggest you make it 50% spec, max hit of like a 55-65, and accurate so it usually hits around 35-50. Without these changes you're just leaving useless items in this game.

Update: tested the mace a bit. in this gear:

image.png.b42d673ebf562cd20826d7e57c1e5e5a.png

i hit 14 0s in a row, before hitting a 33. Specs were mostly on plebs with spawnables

Edited by L E E C H

The armour is fine how it is. it's already autokeep buffing it even more would be too op. Plus we have holy berserker pet, unholy smite, Barrelchest Waraxe (which has a smite effect)

^Try using a vigour and spam vls as spec im sure you will smite someone then. If not then they are obviously drinking pray pots..

Regarding the ancient mace suggestion you had of buffin it, I agree it needs a buff but nowhere near what you wrote, I'm thinking just an accuracy buff; because it already hits through prayer, having it hit 55-65 through protection prayers with 2 specs  and also draining whatever you hit from prayer is way too much, especially with all the Smite bonuses in this game.

Edited by Micro shade4
  • Like 1

I think the armour stands in a good position. Autokept, 0 repair cost, with comparable stats to Completionist II armour. (Tad bit OP imo but its a grind to get it)

From my experience the armour is roughly 5% added smite per piece. (About 15% for the set) Comparing that to a holy berserker pet (easily 1t+ and extremely rare + hard to obtain) which adds 1/6 damage dealt to smite (roughly 18%) its not terrible at all. Using the pet + full set + smite + smite perks (unknown amount) you are looking at roughly 58% (give or take a few %) damage smited from an enemy player with normal weapons.

Use an ancient mace? ~158% of damage dealt is smited. Although the mace is innaccurate i believe you can hit at least 55 with that setup. That would be about 86 prayer smited off of a player, while risking absolutely nothing. If my math is correct of course. Even without the holy berserker that is ~140% of damage smited using an ancient mace.

Ancient mace HITS THROUGH MELEE PRAYER!!! In multi if a team managed to 99-0 someone with all damage coming from ancient mace, thats an instant smite. INSTANT! The only counter to that is special attacking with an ancient mace and putting your prayer above 99.

IF there was a buff (i dont personally  think it needs one) there should be an added repair cost. 

I can agree however, that smiting people is fun and if it were easier to smite people, it would add an interesting twist to the server (given the fact so many autokeep items in game now) OR at least add more incentive to killing players so Pking is a viable form of moneymaking.

Ok first of all, you say the smiting effect is fine, but you clearly didnt read, that with fiull armour + unholy smite, hitting someone from full hp ssmites less than 30 points. Now tell me if thats good enought lmao? And please dont even speak about the unholy berserker cause there are way too little in the game for it to even be relevant to this. Also tell me when was the last time you saw someone getting smited/smiting someone in the wilderness. I have over 1500 kills together on my accounts and havent witnessed it yet, i think that says something lmao. @Bowflexxx @Micro shade4

I completely agree. After extensive testing this armor does not smite as much as it should. 

Also buff ancient mace accuracy, out of 100 specials against spawn gear, I hit over 60 0's. 

Yes it could be overpowered if not tested and balanced, but these are items you add in the game, so lets have some fun with them.

-I am Daddy

10 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

Ok first of all, you say the smiting effect is fine, but you clearly didnt read, that with fiull armour + unholy smite, hitting someone from full hp ssmites less than 30 points. Now tell me if thats good enought lmao? And please dont even speak about the unholy berserker cause there are way too little in the game for it to even be relevant to this. Also tell me when was the last time you saw someone getting smited/smiting someone in the wilderness. I have over 1500 kills together on my accounts and havent witnessed it yet, i think that says something lmao. @Bowflexxx @Micro shade4

I smited someone today with no smite increasing armour just unholy smite. 

Not only that but i went and tested barrelchest war axe without any obby armour or any smite increasing pets, just unholy smite. i specced a 68 and my alt lost 42 prayer and remember this weapon takes 50% spec and has smite effect, so 2 high hits would smite someone no problem.

^ I tested this at clan wars, for the most accurate results i did not activate any prayers on my alt. so in an actual pking senario the player you are fighting most likely has at least 3 prayer's activated; and depending on their prayer bonus it will drain faster or slower.

+Barrelchest Waraxe's stats are on par with the ags, with slightly lower attack bonus but higher strength bonus.

2 minutes ago, Micro shade4 said:

I smited someone today with no smite increasing armour just unholy smite. 

Not only that but i went and tested barrelchest war axe without any obby armour or any smite increasing pets, just unholy smite. i specced a 68 and my alt lost 42 prayer and remember this weapon takes 50% spec and has smite effect, so 2 high hits would smite someone no problem.

^ I tested this at clan wars, for the most accurate results i did not activate any prayers on my alt. so in an actual pking senario the player you are fighting most likely has at least 3 prayer's activated; and depending on their prayer bonus it will drain faster or slower.

+Barrelchest Waraxe's stats are on par with the ags, with slightly lower attack bonus but higher strength bonus.

ok i will test the barelchest axe, but can you comment on the 65 dmg, 18 prayer drain. You do realise how garbage that is right? Or are you just ignoring everything im saying for some apparent reason?

7 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

ok i will test the barelchest axe, but can you comment on the 65 dmg, 18 prayer drain. You do realise how garbage that is right? Or are you just ignoring everything im saying for some apparent reason?

I think it's normal for it to smite that much; it's not insanely low but it also isn't overpowered  its in the right spot. You also need to remember that Elder maul is a high hitting weapon as it is so you will be constantly hitting more 65's or even higher. - couple this with a spec weapon like barrelchest war axe and you are set.

6 minutes ago, Micro shade4 said:

I think it's normal for it to smite that much; it's not insanely low but it also isn't overpowered  its in the right spot. You also need to remember that Elder maul is a high hitting weapon as it is so you will be constantly hitting more 65's or even higher. - couple this with a spec weapon like barrelchest war axe and you are set.

dude you are speaking nonsense..... 65 draining 18 prayer is less than it is only a few % higher than on 07 with 0 smite bonuses. Your brain clearly cant comprehent what im actually saying lol

The fact that i can smite 42 prayer in 1 spec without obsidian armour is enough to say that obby armour does not need a smite buff.

4 minutes ago, Micro shade4 said:

The fact that i can smite 42 prayer in 1 spec without obsidian armour is enough to say that obby armour does not need a smite buff.

42 prayer is nothing. People always camp 60+ prayer thats not even relevant youre obviusly new to pking and sohuldnt even be leaving feedback

Maybe add a new blood perk? "Destructive prayers" - 5k or 10k bm whatever it might be. 

"While smite is active your prayer drains at x% (double) the rate - While active smite also takes off x% (10-25%) more from enemy players!

Could have a "defensive" perk for people more weary about losing items - "Prayer safeguard"

"Your prayer drain rate is reduced by x% (drains twice as slow) - While active smite reduces opponent prayers by x% (12.5%)!

It could add an interesting risk factor for that want to smite, and for people that are more worried (or dont use smite) they can have a "safe" option.

3 minutes ago, Bowflexxx said:

Maybe add a new blood perk? "Destructive prayers" - 5k or 10k bm whatever it might be. 

"While smite is active your prayer drains at x% (double) the rate - While active smite also takes off x% (10-25%) more from enemy players!

Could have a "defensive" perk for people more weary about losing items - "Prayer safeguard"

"Your prayer drain rate is reduced by x% (drains twice as slow) - While active smite reduces opponent prayers by x% (12.5%)!

It could add an interesting risk factor for that want to smite, and for people that are more worried (or dont use smite) they can have a "safe" option.

Thats a great idea man, i would love to see something like that implemented

8 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

42 prayer is nothing. People always camp 60+ prayer thats not even relevant youre obviusly new to pking and sohuldnt even be leaving feedback

You are now resorting to insult when i'm just trying to leave my input, I've been playing this server for over a year and a half and I pk more than anything else i do.

I have to agree with bowflexx's earlier statement

1 hour ago, Bowflexxx said:

I think the armour stands in a good position. Autokept, 0 repair cost, with comparable stats to Completionist II armour. (Tad bit OP imo but its a grind to get it)

The armor is indeed in good standings as it is autokeep and has bonuses similar to bandos armor. It already has relatively decent smite-properties, and there are many other things you can add to it to make your smite even stronger.

If anything, it's already considered to be extremely strong and I'm a little bit concerned on how many of these might enter the economy due to how well it actually does drain prayer(contrary to your argument).

I am not entirely sure on why you feel like the smiting needs a buff, considering I personally have tested obsidian armor and other properties (on separate occasions and also together) and I think it's OP.

Any type of boost in the smite ratio would be game-breaking therefore I -1 this.

Additionally, I would like to thank you for putting the time and effort into making this suggestion.

Regardless of the criticism you may have gotten on this thread, I will always appreciate an active player trying to make improvements by taking initiative and making a suggestion thread.

The alleged issue with the obsidian armor can always still be addressed and looked into for potential flaws in the way it is coded, just to make sure everything is proper.

5 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

The armor is indeed in good standings as it is autokeep and has bonuses similar to bandos armor. It already has relatively decent smite-properties, and there are many other things you can add to it to make your smite even stronger.

If anything, it's already considered to be extremely strong and I'm a little bit concerned on how many of these might enter the economy due to how well it actually does drain prayer(contrary to your argument).

I am not entirely sure on why you feel like the smiting needs a buff, considering I personally have tested obsidian armor and other properties (on separate occasions and also together) and I think it's OP.

Any type of boost in the smite ratio would be game-breaking therefore I -1 this.

Obby armor is fine, so is the smite formula. However ancient mace does need some attention. With a 40% success chance for hitting something higher than a 0 for 100% spec consumption is just a waste of time and dead content. I wouldn't want a 30-40% chance to use my entire spec bar in one fight, for a chance to hit higher than 0. I imagine the percentages for actually hitting a 40's-50's would be around 15-20%, yeah no thanks. It either needs a big accuracy buff due to its inaccuracy, and if you damage cap it (wouldn't be useful at all since it's super rare to hit something that high to begin with).

In that case I rather just use a zbow to use 100% spec and hit constant 40's through defense mitigation and be smiting full on than a dead content ancient mace.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phenomenon said:

Ok i didin't expect this from you... me and bowflexx tested the armour after and we both agreed its garbage. Only way it would be anywhere near to be able to smite someone with it is with unholy berserker pet which as i said is completely irrelevant because of how rare it actually is. Also i would like you to comment on teh fact that with unholy smite + the armour, hitting a 65 drains 18 prayer????? are you actually serious by saying thats op? I expected you to 100% agree with this since how illogical it is to dissagree with. On 07 smite drains 1/4 of the prayer. Now you are saying that 65 draining 18 prayer, which is a 28% drain rate is op when it is only 3% higher that 07 with the fact that on here you have a perk that is suppose to make your smite better and armour lmao. So the full obby set + unholy smite adds an additional 3% smite drain rate than there is on 07. Now read this and tell me how you can dissagree with me lmao.

Oh ye and @Phenomenon you didint even comment on the issue with the ancient mace

@Kellatha you aswell. telle me how the smite formula is fine after reading this pls

Edited by L E E C H

8 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

Now read this and tell me how you can dissagree with me lmao.

Yes, i still disagree for the following reasons:

07 smite may drain 1/4 of the prayer, but we also have a lot of custom items that can deal out high amounts of damage in one burst...

Take that into account when someone like yourself (who does not have the holy berserker pet) does the following:

9 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

Also i would like you to comment on teh fact that with unholy smite + the armour, hitting a 65 drains 18 prayer?????

That is adequate in my opinion, think about the entire community other than your own desires.

• We have new players that i'm sure will vouch for me when i say they don't want to lose 60 prayer points in one hit (hyperbole)

There are also coding aspects involved when looking into these types of issues (formulas, etc).

• You cant just say "make it do this" and boom it happens, there is a logical approach you must take.
11 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

Oh ye and @Phenomenon you didint even comment on the issue with the ancient mace

I wouldn't mind of seeing a buff on the ancient mace, as i have heard many complaints about it

19 minutes ago, Phenomenon said:

07 smite may drain 1/4 of the prayer, but we also have a lot of custom items that can deal out high amounts of damage in one burst...

we do have high hitting items. The fact those high hits still smite such a little amount of prayer i dont see what you are trying to say here.

We have new players that i'm sure will vouch for me when i say they don't want to lose 60 prayer points in one hit (hyperbole)

Again dont know what you are trying to say there. Because a few new people that don't want to lose theyr 50m ags, we should have a completely broken smite formula that 100% prevents you from being smited?

There are also coding aspects involved when looking into these types of issues (formulas, etc).

With some further testing i have found out, that the cursed obsidian armour does not even affect the smite drain rate. It was the same with vesta lmao (maybe the regular one does and the cursed one was implemented without the proper formula). 

Just tested it again. Wearing vesta + viper, hitting a 40 smited 12 prayer points. then i equiped full obsidian, hit a 41 and it smited 12 prayer points lmao. Tell me again how op the armour is please

Ok so now we see that this is clearly a bug and if the armour gives additional 15%(5% with each piece) od drain rate i would be completely ok with that

Edited by L E E C H

10 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

With some further testing i have found out, that the cursed obsidian armour does not even affect the smite drain rate. It was the same with vesta lmao (maybe the regular one does and the cursed one was implemented without the proper formula). 

Just tested it again. Wearing vesta + viper, hitting a 40 smited 12 prayer points. then i equiped full obsidian, hit a 41 and it smited 12 prayer points lmao. Tell me again how op the armour is please

Ryan has been notified to look into this.

7 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

If your argument is that the effect is underpowered, then you're wrong as the obsidian armor's effect is properly coded and won't be changed.

• If your argument is now that the obsidian armor (enhanced by cursed relics) do not offer the smite effect from the original armor itself, then we have something to look into.
  • That might be intentional An autokeep smite effect could be deemed as an unbalanced effect, hence why you kept hearing the term "OP" on your thread.
  • Or, it might be unintentional and needs to be fixed.

Because of this, i will be adding it to my official list of bugs that require fixes to see what Ryan's intentions were.

For the future, you don't have to come off so sarcastic considering i am just collecting information and assisting you:

9 minutes ago, L E E C H said:

Tell me again how op the armour is please

If you wish to discuss this in further detail, you have my discord information.

It appears i have work to do.

4 hours ago, L E E C H said:

42 prayer smite is alot, if you want to smite ~70 prayer points with 1 spec then you are the one that shouldnt leave any kind of comment about this...

7 minutes ago, despair said:

42 prayer smite is alot, if you want to smite ~70 prayer points with 1 spec then you are the one that shouldnt leave any kind of comment about this...

another person with unconstructive pointless feedback. If you actually took time to read the thread you would see that we found the real issue.