Sign in to follow this  
Hooke V2

Daily Tournament

Daily Tournaments

The idea for daily tournaments was presented to me by 'Lemon Ice', the idea is pretty simple, you pay fee (to be determined), you fight, and you either win or lose.

The location that would seem to be most fitting for hosting these tournaments would be ClanWars. Considering there are three portals, it would seem fitting to change one or two of the existing portal to the 'Tournament Portal(s)'. These tournaments would be held at a set time once a day.

The minimal amount of people participating would be 7, it'll be later explained why.

image.png.a5f4731b98623ab2ba8b7673bc9d370d.png

Tournaments that could be hosted could include, but are not limited:

Spoiler

- Regular EdgeVille PKing, spawned gear with the choice of an AGS or Dragon Claws

- Dharoks PKing, again with the choice of an AGS or Dragon Claws

- No Armor pking, with DDS

- NHing, with and without EdgePVP rules

- Pure PK/NH

- (Hybridding, put in brackets since I don't think a lot of people hybrid on this server)

To enter the 'Tournament-Portal', you need to have the fee, and only the fee in your inventory. Other items or pets will not be allowed to enter.

Tournament Supplies

Upon paying your fee you can enter the portal where you will be able to select your items using the following interface like in OSRS.

image.thumb.png.985e67b290d9e816ef758ce7ca486a8c.png

(The interface above is from OSRS, it just serves as an example of what the chest interface can/should look like)

Let's say you are entering a Dharoks Tournament, the supply chest would only allow you to take items that are assigned to be used, the same goes for the other types of tournaments obviously.

Considering some items that you need in a Dharoks fight (and other fights) are unspawnable, leaving using the portal or dying in the tournament will result in your inventory and setup getting emptied, so the items won't flow in the economy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Since people have paid fee's to enter the tournament, something should be gained upon placing in the top 3, the distribution of the prize money would look something like this:

1. 45% of the total paid fee + Tournament Token*

2. 25% of the total paid fee

3. 15% of the total paid fee

The minimal amount of players would be required to be 7, if you had less people performing, then getting 3rd place would result in you losing money. 

Maths are found below if someone is interested.

Spoiler

Let's say there is a 5B entering fee for a tournament, and let's say that 6 people participate. That will be a total pot of 30B. Getting 3rd will result in you getting 4.5B back, since 0.15 * 30 = 4.5. Therefor, getting 3rd will cause you to lose money. Having 7 players will result in a 35B pot, getting 3rd will now give you 0.15 * 35 = 5.25B. Not that big of a profit, but a profit nonetheless.

Tournament token

Upon winning a tournament, the winner will receive a Tournament Token on top of the cash he has won. The tournament token is an untradeable token which can be used at the magic chest and it has a 10% chance of receiving the Tournament Cape (Team-Cape X) which will be untradeable and autokeep.

5a9d94cbad5e4_Teamcapex.png.2c1aebf2014ef1080cd492a1bf222576.png

This cape would have +10 bonus on melee styled attacks, and +11 strength bonus (same as red completionist cape, but -1 compared to infernal cape). 

This cape is more of an item to show off then to be overpowered, therefor it shouldn't be on par with the infernal cape.

Feel free to let me know what you think about this suggestion, if you have improvements, please let me know down below.

- Hooke V2 (and a bit of Lemon Ice)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely amazing idea and something I 100% would love to see in game to spice up Pking a bit as it has been dying recently and honestly the possibility's are endless. Many more rewards for this could be aqdded like a tormented demon pet or something i feel would suit giving like a 15% hp bonus or something kinda like torva etc.

+1 :)

Yes. This is what the server needs to pull back the players we have lost, getting youtubers to advertise this tournament will attract many new people because it will be great fun having a tournament you can win for money instead of paying money like all the recent updates we have had.

+1 bitches.

Love you hooke.

RYAN AND RAMZI PLEASE READ THE TOPIC AND LET US KNOW WHAT YOU THINK!

Edited by Lemon ice

I've said this for a while especially with the multi community. 

Used to do it on the other servers. 

Participant fee;- 

Numbers

Class Set up

and if it's forum bound you can write names and update winners/losers. 

10 minutes ago, The old akam said:

great idea! rly are looking for it!

I like your comment before you edited it better, but this is fine as well! Thanks for the support =] 

Hi,

honestly, this is nothing against you guys, but this concept isn’t really going to make the server any better. This is a fun and great idea but considering it’s not original at all and only a one-time offer a day (daily), this won’t keep people interested for very long nor will it be guaranteed to have a succesful effect on the server. 

As one of the staff/help members in the elementals clan discord called phenomenon mentioned plently of times before, we need to fix combat issues in the first place instead of loading the server with tons of potentially good or dead content.

+1 for the idea either way but you know my opinion about updates in the first place

~ Jorik

something similar to what i suggested here but +1 anything to make the game more competitive 

Absolutely amazing idea and something I 100% would love to see in game
+1

Would love this. Also would enjoy to see more then 1 tournament a day with higher and lower fees but also a tournament that's free to join with a smaller payout.

Wonderful suggestion my friend Hooke v2, hope it to become implemented respectively