Blu Claws

Right click not working, other client issues? (FIX for Mac)

I had a problem with my Mac and not being able to right click but it was only a problem in rsps clients. If you have been struggling with the same ANNOYING issue or a similar one, this is the thread for you.

Step 1. go to the "Finder" on your doc.

Step 2. In the search bar type "Utilities" and scroll down until you find the utilities folder, open it.

Step 3. In another window open /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/  find what version of JDK you have. If it is over JDK9.(something) this is your issue.

Step 4. GO to the first window with your version of JDK in mind and open your terminal. In your terminal copy and paste the commands below below...

sudo rm -fr /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.jdk/

sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin

sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane

Make sure that in the first line you replace "/jdk-9.jdk/" with "jdk-9.(your version).jdk/"

Press enter after each line and it will look like nothing happened, but JDK 9.whatever you had will be uninstalled. 

Step 5. Go here... http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html and download Java SE Development Kit 8u161 for macOS.

Step 6. Finish the install, reboot the client and presto, all your problems are solved. 

This method will solve a lot of different client issues and if you have any questions you can ask but I will probably be little to no help as I kinda just got lucky and figured this ish out because it was something that was frustrating me. Hope I save some lives with this post lel.

Blu Claws Out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/9/2018 at 11:24 PM, Blu Claws said:

I had a problem with my Mac and not being able to right click but it was only a problem in rsps clients. If you have been struggling with the same ANNOYING issue or a similar one, this is the thread for you.

Step 1. go to the "Finder" on your doc.

Step 2. In the search bar type "Utilities" and scroll down until you find the utilities folder, open it.

Step 3. In another window open /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/  find what version of JDK you have. If it is over JDK9.(something) this is your issue.

Step 4. GO to the first window with your version of JDK in mind and open your terminal. In your terminal copy and paste what is in brackets below...

[sudo rm -fr /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-9.jdk/]

[sudo rm -fr /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin]

[sudo rm -fr /Library/PreferencePanes/JavaControlPanel.prefPane]

Make sure that in the first line you replace "/jdk-9.jdk/" with "jdk-9.(your version).jdk/"

Press enter after each line and it will look like nothing happened, but JDK 9.whatever you had will be uninstalled. 

Step 5. Go here... http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html and download Java SE Development Kit 8u161 for macOS.

Step 6. Finish the install, reboot the client and presto, all your problems are solved. 

This method will solve a lot of different client issues and if you have any questions you can ask but I will probably be little to no help as I kinda just got lucky and figured this ish out because it was something that was frustrating me. Hope I save some lives with this post lel.

Blu Claws Out.

You sir deserve a clap

• Open a terminal window. You can find this under Go -> Applications -> Utilities. Drag the Terminal to your dock since you will be using it frequently.

• You should now have a Terminal window somewhere on the screen. It will have a prompt that looks something like:
    machine:~ wayne$

• To check that you are running the right version of Java, type the commands in boldface below. You should see something similar to the information printed below. The important part is that it says 1.6 or 1.5 (and not 1.4).
    machine:~ wayne$ java -version
    java version "1.6.0_26"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_26-b03-384-10M3425)
    Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02-384, mixed mode)

Then type
    machine:~ wayne$ javac -version
    javac 1.6.0_26

How to find which Java version you're currently running on.

Edited by A M D