Sign in to follow this  
Phenomenon

Massive amount of bugs that need to be fixed + Suggestions

Mage Arena:

Magic Formula:

• Currently, magic is incredibly weak when players are using protection prayers. This results in persistent splashing (no freezes are caught and no damage dealt) no matter what gear you are in. I have tested it in max mage with the highest bonuses in game and spawnables as well, each result in splashes. This is most likely caused by the recent tweaks in the previous updates.
  • Please look very carefully into what tweaks need to be made in the near future, as it seems like whenever we make one small tweak it has disastrous effects.
  • I actually titled this clip "14 splashes in 35 seconds" due to the horrifying truth about magic, here is a small example: https://gyazo.com/b53faf34cbc3178260d436e42ec0a3a7 . The video continues on for 30 more seconds, showing him splashing during the entire fight. 

Prayer Flicking:

Player Tracking & Pathfinding:

• I can't even talk about this one without getting frustrated and enraged so i'll let most of the gyazo's do the talking.
  • Player randomly stops following after his opponent : https://gyazo.com/c5df95f9ac0e3ca5544dc06e0874cd66
  • On OSRS if you barrage and click attack on your opponent, your character automatically follows them and you can repetitively do this to keep track of your opponent. For inexperienced PKers they can also use autocast + follow. On SpawnPK, you lose your target 100% of the time. Not the mention the persistent splashes.

Double Special Attack Rushers:

• Now i understand that Rushing is a form of PKing, just like ragging is, but it gets to a point where it becomes absurd.
  • Players are currently able to use Elemental Dagger's special attack two times(back to back), each dealing 70 damage+: https://gyazo.com/67c6fb69dfd41e1832179f2f8fb0aa18 i'm also 99% sure this new player rage-quit after this.
  • 64 + 12 + 75 = 151 Damage total, exceeding well above 115 max hp.
  • This makes it very unfair for new players trying to learn the fast-paced nature of SpawnPK.
  • It even hits through a PK bot who instantly turns on prayer when you are praying: https://gyazo.com/65c59a75ca9f5c6846b4bd9c8a0527c4
  • If it's hitting through an INSTANT F3 from a robot, how do you expect humans to defend themselves? Magic based or not, it's ridiculous.

Teleport Block:

• The "Teleport Block" spell is too weak and rarely ever lands on deep-wilderness PKers.
  • Even though "The teleport block's formula is proper", we need to create a custom formula for it cause clearly it's not going too well for SPK.

Additional Suggestions:

• Make Super Combat Potions notable in every aspect (buying from the shop, taking them out of your bank, etc).
  • Make Super Combat Flasks notable in every aspect (buying from the shop, taking them out of your bank, etc). NOT other flasks.
  • More frequent updates relative to Quality Of Life (QoL) and Bug-Fixes. I understand that updating the server can take some time, but i don't really think it's that hard to squeeze in secondary updates prior to one dropped a few days before (patch notes is what you have called these in the past). It would benefit the server like crazy.
  • More "small things" included in content updates rather than focusing all of your time into one big piece of content: I've noticed many players make extremely small suggestions like colored max capes + a remodel for it (this has already been added on RuneX), yet it's taking months to get it transferred over to SpawnPK. I could see if it was something completely new and takes hours of work, but it seems like it's already familiar: https://gyazo.com/d18a5243a14184da782aa2937a03e602
  • Revert name changes back to 10B cash, 100B is way too much to ask for simply because someone went on a name changing spree (this is only an assumption, there could've been a logical explanation behind it but the community dislikes this).

Consistency with our update ETA's and doing so more frequently while listening to even the smallest of suggestions provided by the community just might boost our player-base tremendously. 92d6ddb70a280c573052d8e8b87be17f.png

No one else wanted to speak up, so it looks like i have to.

• Like 7

Also add to the list is the frame-rate issue.  Having to constantly reload the client every ten to twenty minutes due to cache/memory problems.  Soon or later the game becomes unplayable at less than 5 fps.

7 minutes ago, Ratatat14 said:

Also add to the list is the frame-rate issue.  Having to constantly reload the client every ten to twenty minutes due to cache/memory problems.  Soon or later the game becomes unplayable at less than 5 fps.

I agree 100% with this statement, as i too have dealt with issues revolving around lag/FPS. As a Youtuber (whether for SpawnPK, or gaming in general), your PC has to be in pretty good shape and run pretty smoothly. With this being said, i rarely ever lag and when i do it's not because of my PC not being able to handle recording/the game.

For some reason on SpawnPK, and i notice it a whole lot more in edgeville/edgepvp/ and even now mage bank due to the recent update (basically large influx a players and an instanced zone like EdgePvP) I have been lagging tremendously and i'm no longer maxing out on my FPS, it has dropped an insane amount and it makes the game unplayable.

This is also another reasoning behind my lack of video content lately, i simply don't have the desire to play with all of these flaws. Thank you for commenting this.

Fuck da ele dagger

Frame rate is a problem honestly but there are ways around it especially if you do not use windows

+1 all of these suggestions are great!

And like you said consistently pushing out more updates regarding smaller issues/changes would definitely help out the player count and would make the server more enjoyable overall.

I agree with most of this.

Regarding magebank, I too have seen people walk through webs and have walked through webs myself before. This needs to be fixed, obviously.

Then there is the teleportblock spell which shouldn’t splash so much in my opinion, it’s disputable though.

After that we have the deep wilderness levers, they are too hard to click on in my opinion too so so I wouldn’t mind seeing it being changed.

Later on in the topic you have talked about the hit registration while for example no-honor pking and such. It is true what you’re saying, the hits register much earlier than the prayer switch even if you have switched your prayers properly.

Continuing on that, there is also the insane damage to be dealt through prayer which is obviously an illusion considering the hit registration is just way too early.

On to the magic formula, it’s one of your suggestions I agree to most with, it’s truly rediculous how the splash rate is still very high with potentially almost the best mage bonus ingame. This should be fixed in my opinion.

I disagree with the double special attack rusher complaint you have due to the fact that it is really easy to avoid rushers. The special attack you did on a pking bot was also proof that the hit registered before the bot imediately protect prayed which is something that should be fixed for players.

Lastly, regarding the additional suggestions; 

- Combat potions should be notable and combat flasks should be cheaper, 1blood money for 1 combat potion(4) compared to 5 blood money for combat potion(6) is pretty cheap

- Names changes and small things being added to the game is something less important in my opinion

- Bug patches are something I would really like to see more often as they make each variety of players happy, one faster than the other of course

But honestly, I prefer big updates over small updates.

~ Jorik

First off this wasn't really addressed in this topic but i would like to address it. Forum activity for SPK is almost 0. Not gonna lie I don't post because it's dead here, I know that doesn't help any and I'm part of the problem, but I'm sure many people have low posts on their accs for that same reason. There are RSPS' that have 1/2 the playerbase of SPK but their forums are 5x more active. Even players that have played for quite a while don't know we have forums. When someone mentions "forums" ingame even super/elite donars respond with "we have forums? I didn't know that." There should be a way to draw players into the forums and make them active maybe a reward for top posters of the week/month? Maybe ontop of that once a day a random post is chosen and the poster is rewarded with something small? Maybe a daily rewards kinda thing where 2-3 posts a day is required for reward? Maybe all of the above? I'm sure one of the staff members could handle doing that. Just some kinda incentive for people to look at forums besides to look at the patch/update notes.

The lag at MB is pretty bad but now the lag\FPS at edgeville makes the game downright unplayable, if one of the servers few constant long running content creators doesn't want to play/make videos because of lag/fps, who else would? Why would new players stay longer than 5 minutes here?

Not even exaggerating, I was tbed at kraken, walked all the way to level one with someone splashing EVERY SINGLE DAMN barrage on me. Protect magic is insanely broken.

MB lever definitely needs a better(bigger?) hitbox/better pathing. It's especially hard to click when Your camera angle is turned from normal or zoomed out (not sure about fullscreen). I've watched many people try to escape by spamming lever, only to run out of the building and die when unfrozen because they missed the lever by a few pixels, feelsbadman. Bad pathing+small lever's effects go hand in hand to make bad situations.

I would also really like to see barrage pathing reworked, updates that improve game mechanics (such as previous pathing updates) are some of the best updates possible. I would like to see more QoL/Bug fixes in the future.

TB honestly seems fine to me, remember when Tb would land when the caster was naked? remember when You could land TB while wearing full dhide on full dhide? Remember when you could TB while wearing Torag's and it wouldn't splash on Karils top/prot magic? Broken. It wasn't a fun time. It might seem a bit weak right now but i'm sure that's because of how overpowered protect from magic is. Once it's nerfed i'm sure TB will be fine.

And about Ele dagger rushing, aren't all the ele dag clips old? Like before Ele dag nerf/max hit cap. I think i remember you yelling "71 through prayer" weeks ago, my memory might be wrong though. I agree that Rushing is a problem and Ele dag WAS OP but there should be recent evidence for this, to judge if it's still OP or not. Half of the problem of rushing is non-existent PJ timer, it's literally possible to be PJ'd between hits of slow weps like Chaotic/Elder maul. Wanna know what's easier than rushing some 1200 elo new guy in edge while using an Ele dag? Rushing a 1200 elo new guy while he's 1/2 hp during a fight and isn't expecting a 2x Ele dag-DFS spec PJ.

Edited by Y I P K U
meh
  • Like 2